The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are definitely dragging this Glenn thing on for as long as they can. Second episode in a row where Steven Yeun's name was missing from the credits as well.

Will they ever get to the point where they only have trusted people on watch, at the gate, on the wall? If not will they at least have trusted people watching the people doing those jobs?

On top of that it looks like the gate just slides shut, doesn't lock... Guess zombies are too stupid to figure that out.

Sasha, Abraham and Daryl will return to Alexandria, lead off the horde that 'got away', and when things settle down you'll see a flare or something far off indicating there is someone alive out there (possibly Glenn). I suspect they are yanking everyone's chain pretty hard that Glenn is gone, but then again they are good at killing off popular characters.

I suspect Glenn was being crushed under Nicholas, and the zombies has Nick for dinner. If Glenn was covered in zombie gore, they would ignore him, and since he's done that before wouldn't he be smart enough to rip open a decaying old zombie to get all gored up?

On top of that it looks like the gate just slides shut, doesn't lock... Guess zombies are too stupid to figure that out.

I think the walls will come down. The blood seeping thru the wall was likely from the zombies crushing each other against the wall.

They are definitely dragging this Glenn thing on for as long as they can. Second episode in a row where Steven Yeun's name was missing from the credits as well.

I like the parallel between the audience and the characters both not knowing if Glenn is dead. Both suspect he is gone, but still hoping not. Both angry about not knowing. I think think should never resolve it.

Sasha, Abraham and Daryl will return to Alexandria, lead off the horde that 'got away', and when things settle down you'll see a flare or something far off indicating there is someone alive out there (possibly Glenn). I suspect they are yanking everyone's chain pretty hard that Glenn is gone, but then again they are good at killing off popular characters.

I suspect Glenn was being crushed under Nicholas, and the zombies has Nick for dinner. If Glenn was covered in zombie gore, they would ignore him, and since he's done that before wouldn't he be smart enough to rip open a decaying old zombie to get all gored up?

Re: Zombie Gore
But he's covered in fresh human blood (if he is alive - I hope he's dead). I think your estimate is plausible but I don't see them leading another pack away. Too boring...

Not sure what I wanna think of last nights episode...

I mean, alright... Rick is super bad ass but last we saw of him, he was surrounded by Zombies in a RV doing "the Dale"... I am thinking we will get back to his escape in a flashback maybe when we get to know what happened to Sasha, Abraham and Daryl.... but him running into Alexandria was pretty.. well... uhm... lame!

And I am a huge fan of the show!

I loved the 90 minute Eastman/Morgan intermezzo, although now, if they want to keep leading away from Glenns fate, they have to come up with better than last nights episode...

actually this one is one of the few episodes I find disappointing, although it had it's good moments.

Then there is this theory...new character on TWD set, but wait...there is Glenn. It seems to be giving hope to the masses. http://www.etonline.com/news/171976..._jesus_monroe_see_first_look_photos_from_set/

What if the character Jesus saves Glenn from the zombies? Could happen...Really all it would take is a bunch of noise to draw the majority of them away. Is Glenn still armed? Also, where did Nick's gun end up after he shot himself.

I'm still betting Glenn will show up later, and not as a zombie :p

So, an interesting episode with a few different twists. A few observations:

Darryl's Very Bad Trip
Darryl was pretty bad beaten up this episode and came precariously close to dying a few times. The people he met up with were from what sounds to be a sort of failed Woodbury. Just when you think Darryl will get them to come back with him, they betray him, take his bike and his crossbow. Darryl gets a cool truck instead (conveniently hidden in the same way he hid his bike), but I think this brings up a larger concern. Usually when we see people make the sort of mistakes Darryl did, they aren't long for the world in the Walking Dead, could this be a sign that Darryl is next on the chopping block?

Sasha and Abraham Try to Psychoanalyze Each Other
Sasha and Abraham are probably the two most psychologically unbalanced people on the show, so having them try to help each other work through their psychoses is a bit of a bizarre choice. Nonetheless, while they wait around for Darryl they discuss their issues and somehow actually help each other out a bit, albeit not before Abraham loses his damn mind trying to get an RPG. Abraham gets lucky, and seems to have a new outlook on life, stealing a marine's dress blues to wear around just before Darryl rolls up with his cool truck.

Peace of Mind Shattered
At the end of the episode, our off track apocalypse adventurers call home, and receive a single word message back from someone (it sounded like Rick to me...but I could be wrong), the voice said "Help". Certainly, that call for help sounds ominous given the state we left Alexandria in, and next episode certainly looks like Rick and company are about to have issues with the walkers. Note: If you happened to think it may have been Glenn, unfortunately you're wrong, Norman Reedus already said it isn't him.

Still No Glenn
Like I said, I'm pretty sure Glenn...whatever form he's going to be in, won't be back until the mid-season finale, two more episodes left.

Rick would never ask for help with a whining undertone like that.

They made it sound like that blonde dude yet I believe they might connect it to Glenn somehow in the mid-season finale.

More important: Get you Crossbow back, Daryl!

To me it sounded like Rick, but I'll have to rewatch it when I get home(I can't seem to find a clip of it).

Note: If you happened to think it may have been Glenn, unfortunately you're wrong, Norman Reedus already said it isn't him.

When one of the actors tells you beforehand "It's not so-and-so", I don't know how serious to take them. They aren't supposed to say anything about the show, probably signed a non-disclosure agreement, so I see that only as a red herring.

Related or no? The Talking Dead said next week's show will have a surprise guest. Who's gonna die???

Hmm...

It sounded like rick to me too. I was thinking it was him in the trailer still. It seemed like Sasha and Abraham spent a night, but I don't remember seeing nightfall with Daryl. The episode started and the horn should have been going off or just shutoff?

It sounded like rick to me too. I was thinking it was him in the trailer still. It seemed like Sasha and Abraham spent a night, but I don't remember seeing nightfall with Daryl. The episode started and the horn should have been going off or just shutoff?

I'm assuming, though I could be wrong, that Darryl was passed out overnight, there were some blurry shots from his POV of the jerkwad trio sitting around a campfire talking. So chronologically speaking, roughly: ambush -> Darryl gets jumped -> Sasha and Abraham bed down for the night -> Darryl wakes up and his adventures happen/Abraham wakes up and his adventures happen -> the Alexandria trio reunite and drive off in the truck.

That didn't seem like it was Rick over the radio at the end of the episode. Not sure who else it could have been if it wasn't Glenn.

Who had walkie-talkies? The only ones I remember are Rick, Darryl, Abraham & Sasha, and Glenn.

If those were it, then it has to be either Rick or Glenn. To be totally honest, on my second viewing, it sounded like neither Rick nor Glenn saying "Help!" but who knows...

what if....

everybody is dreaming, hallucinating?

I thought Nicolas was out of bullets when he shot himself and Nicolas had sort of black-outs on the way to the feed store dumpster...
So that never happened. Glenn and Nicolas are still on the dumpster. Both alive.

Rick is still surrounded by Walkers doing "the dale" in the RV and can't call in his typical demeanor for help but has to tone it down to keep walkers calm.

Daryl fainted from dehydration and hallucinated being actually a nice guy saving a chick who should have been dead like years ago because Insulin is sure harder to scavenge then baby food.

Abraham fell asleep dreaming of finding manly utensils like cigars and rocket launchers and hooking up with Sasha while only Sasha is wide awake and driving...

Now they go to rescue Rick who will then run into Alexandria, while Sasha, Abraham and Darly go to find Glenn and the Rest .... Nicolas will stop hallucinating and Glenn is alive... but Nicolas is just to deranged to be rescued so he dies anyway...

now all joking aside... I was really wondering how shallow Ricks reappearance after the RV Shoot out was. I mean seriously, every one was like omg Glenn and I thought "Hell yeah, Rick just emptied a whole Mag"... I did not expect the show to pick him up where they did. Actually thought that was one of the worst narrating in all seasons... but... something like my scenario above would change my opinion tremendously...

"Dallas" did that with the whole "Who shot JR" thing. It's lame, and the absolute last resort for jumping the shark. If AMC did that, they'd lose 90% of their viewers, and the comic would fold up like an origami swan, leaving Kirkman to die in the wastelands.

I wonder how they will tie this all together. I haven't read the comics though. Yet so far I thought they did sort of do justice to the graphic novels. So if you are saying Hallucinating is not an option...

hmmm... we'll find out.

" Dallas" did that with the whole "Who shot JR" thing. It's lame, and the absolute last resort for jumping the shark. If AMC did that, they'd lose 90% of their viewers, and the comic would fold up like an origami swan, leaving Kirkman to die in the wastelands.

Who shot JR was just an ordinary cliffhanger, & all shows do it to some extent

It was the season Bobby died whole thing turned out to be a dream. That’s just lazy writing

& did the couple take Daryl's walkie-talkie along with his bike & crossbow? Maybe it's them calling for help

what if....

everybody is dreaming, hallucinating?

I thought Nicolas was out of bullets when he shot himself and Nicolas had sort of black-outs on the way to the feed store dumpster...
So that never happened. Glenn and Nicolas are still on the dumpster. Both alive.

Rick is still surrounded by Walkers doing "the dale" in the RV and can't call in his typical demeanor for help but has to tone it down to keep walkers calm.

Daryl fainted from dehydration and hallucinated being actually a nice guy saving a chick who should have been dead like years ago because Insulin is sure harder to scavenge then baby food.

Abraham fell asleep dreaming of finding manly utensils like cigars and rocket launchers and hooking up with Sasha while only Sasha is wide awake and driving...

Now they go to rescue Rick who will then run into Alexandria, while Sasha, Abraham and Darly go to find Glenn and the Rest .... Nicolas will stop hallucinating and Glenn is alive... but Nicolas is just to deranged to be rescued so he dies anyway...

now all joking aside... I was really wondering how shallow Ricks reappearance after the RV Shoot out was. I mean seriously, every one was like omg Glenn and I thought "Hell yeah, Rick just emptied a whole Mag"... I did not expect the show to pick him up where they did. Actually thought that was one of the worst narrating in all seasons... but... something like my scenario above would change my opinion tremendously...

Sorry, but said theory has already been shot down. Nicholas wasn't out of bullets.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Walking-Dead-Producer-Shoots-Down-One-Popular-Glenn-Theory-97517.html

It was Glenn over the radio. He somehow made it into the dumpster and is slowly withering away with a horde of zombies all around him. Daryl, Abraham and Sasha are going to locate him. Abraham is going to go all Sgt. Slaughter and start mowing down zombies with the rocket launcher and then they are going to save Glenn and everyone is going to break out into a song and dance number.

They're going to drag this thing out for so long that I'm going to forget that I like his character and then if he is dead it won't matter.

Not to take things off topic, but the last episode really dropped the ball (maybe I was just paying more attention) in production. Daryl drops the bike and clearly you can see the crossbow fly off, yet he picks up the bike with crossbow intact. He then fusses with the duffle bag that clearly only has the crossbow in it, then cut scene to a bag that has a cooler that can hold almost 3 growlers of beer for the diabetic. Didnt see him struggle with that!! The smallest and least (since this happens in most movies and shows) Abraham's AR is on Safe...

Not to take things off topic, but the last episode really dropped the ball (maybe I was just paying more attention) in production. Daryl drops the bike and clearly you can see the crossbow fly off, yet he picks up the bike with crossbow intact. He then fusses with the duffle bag that clearly only has the crossbow in it, then cut scene to a bag that has a cooler that can hold almost 3 growlers of beer for the diabetic. Didnt see him struggle with that!! The smallest and least (since this happens in most movies and shows) Abraham's AR is on Safe...

Didnt notice those. But the wonky camera angles in the forest was weird. Thought that new bad dude and dumb couple were looking at eachother, just across a clearing. Then all of the sudden Darryl runs out and walks off with them.

Back