The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But did the penetration happen, or was he getting close...no extra peircing scream, no grunts, no thrusts, he had just turned carl over, and when the action went down, there was the sound of a belt buckle...so I doubt his rump was roasted.

But did the penetration happen, or was he getting close...no extra peircing scream, no grunts, no thrusts, he had just turned carl over, and when the action went down, there was the sound of a belt buckle...so I doubt his rump was roasted.

Yea I don't think he got skewered just way to close for comfort. That's why Rick went all Hannibal Lecter

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396310367.572089.jpg

Looked like they had plenty of room to keep running past that train car. I think they should've ran. It will be sweet redemption if Carol does come save their butts. Did anyone see the "doctor" or the Spanish chick? Either I missed them or the Termites were hankering for Arroz con Pollo with a side of lie-ma beans.

Looked like they had plenty of room to keep running past that train car. I think they should've ran. It will be sweet redemption if Carol does come save their butts. Did anyone see the "doctor" or the Spanish chick? Either I missed them or the Termites were hankering for Arroz con Pollo with a side of lie-ma beans.

Yea they were in there. Mullet was behind ppl could barely see him and the Latina was to the right. And I'll give up on the show if they try to hunker down again and stay in Georgia. I would like to see some travel outside of a 50 mile radius

I thought Carl was going to.

I thought that scene at the end where they're all running around in the open being shot at and no one was hitting them was the dumbest thing, until it occurred to me that maybe the people shooting weren't trying to hit them, just herd them towards the train car. Did anyone else think that's what they were doing, or did everyone just have ridiculously bad aim?

They even said it when they were running. "They're not trying to kill us"

Ah, I missed that line. I was sitting there thinking it was one of those bad action sequences where the good guys can shoot and the bad guys can't hit anything for some reason. Those always annoy me.

Ah, I missed that line. I was sitting there thinking it was one of those bad action sequences where the good guys can shoot and the bad guys can't hit anything for some reason. Those always annoy me.

Yeah. I tried to watch "White House Down" the other night. But the bad guys made a kill with every shot, and the Secret Service never got a round off. Until the hero started shooting. Bleah :drunk:

I thought that scene at the end where they're all running around in the open being shot at and no one was hitting them was the dumbest thing, until it occurred to me that maybe the people shooting weren't trying to hit them, just herd them towards the train car. Did anyone else think that's what they were doing, or did everyone just have ridiculously bad aim?

They also showed one sequence where one of the shooters with an AK was clearly aiming away from them.

I bet with the guys in the woods, that when someone comes through the main gates, they have been seen, in advance. Also, that is when she starts cooking, because they are quick to feed new people, so I bet the food is laced with a tranquilizer. Notice before rick freaked, that the person in the poncho had food, but wasn't really eating at the table.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...son-5-and-what-mary-s-grill-really-means.html

It's interesting that I've seen this and several other articles where the writers try to downplay the cannibal angle, when so many things point towards it: the pile of picked-clean bones in Terminus, the ambiguous "we'll make you a plate" statements, the herding of everyone into the boxcar, etc. Is the plot going some other way, or did viewers just guess the twist too soon and they're trying to leave some ambiguity?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...son-5-and-what-mary-s-grill-really-means.html

It's interesting that I've seen this and several other articles where the writers try to downplay the cannibal angle, when so many things point towards it: the pile of picked-clean bones in Terminus, the ambiguous "we'll make you a plate" statements, the herding of everyone into the boxcar, etc. Is the plot going some other way, or did viewers just guess the twist too soon and they're trying to leave some ambiguity?

most writers and showrunners think their viewers are stupid. I think the most satisfying shows are the ones that don't treat the audience as idiots and you can count those exceptions on one hand, if you haven't lost any digits: M*A*S*H, Six Feet Under and Breaking Bad to name 3.

the majority end up like Dexter and HIMYM*.

TWD is now on their 3rd showrunner and this latest one is, for the most part, leaning more towards the exception, but maybe they slipped a little, so they are covering their a$$ to create ambiguity

* after the foreshadowing a few episodes ago ("what mother would miss her own daughter's wedding?") The Mother gave interviews calling people who thought she wouldn't survive the finale, "crazy"

It should be a rule that when characters appear on aftershow shows (i.e. Talking Dead) they have to stay somewhat true to character.

I was so excited about getting to hear Rick's views for the first time, but I'm not gonna lie...I kinda died a little inside after listening to Austin Powers talk for an hour the other night.

It should be a rule that when characters appear on aftershow shows (i.e. Talking Dead) they have to stay somewhat true to character.

I was so excited about getting to hear Rick's views for the first time, but I'm not gonna lie...I kinda died a little inside after listening to Austin Powers talk for an hour the other night.

I think more shows ought to have aftershow shows like this. hated Chris Hardwick on his Web Soup show, but he is in his element and just outstanding on Talking Dead and, while it lasted, Talking Bad

haven't watched the latest episode

most of the actors share some awesome insights into their characters and plot points, but some, like Melissa McBride, are just out and out weird (Hollywood. go figure). Love her character, but it's easy to see why she needs someone else putting words in her mouth. I wouldn't say she's a completely ditsy airhead, but she wasn't very coherent.

I say have Lauren Cohan on every week.

The last few epsiodes have gotten my GF to watch. She would usually take a bath or do dishes while TWD was on. She is pretty intelligent and discerning. I take that as a sign that the show ended up pretty well.

She LOVED the scene where Rick ripped the guy's throat out...

:)

The last few epsiodes have gotten my GF to watch. She would usually take a bath or do dishes while TWD was on. She is pretty intelligent and discerning. I take that as a sign that the show ended up pretty well.

You should marry that girl! :mug:

You should marry that girl! :mug:

She does have great taste!

That is what confirmed my suspicions that most of season 2 and most of season 3 are mediocre with sporadic points of awesomeness......

The last 3 episodes pulled season 4 into overall AWESOME for me.

She is a keeper!

Weren't you the one who was dating an embalmer? Is that her? If so, does being around corpses all day affect her attitude towards the show at all? I would think she would be somewhat immune to the horror of the walking dead, as opposed to most people who have a natural fear of dead bodies.

Weren't you the one who was dating an embalmer? Is that her? If so, does being around corpses all day affect her attitude towards the show at all? I would think she would be somewhat immune to the horror of the walking dead, as opposed to most people who have a natural fear of dead bodies.

I've never really found the show to be particularly "horror-ish" (horrifying?) in the first place. And not because I'm immune to horror films/shows.

I think it's partially because the zombies are everywhere and very predictable, but even moreso because they're very cartoonish/caricature-ish and it seems intentionally so. In other words, even the show itself appears to make a conscious decision against taking the zombies very seriously and so I've always found TWD to be oddly un-scary for something that happens to be labeled "horror". There are certain scenes which I might be willing to call creepy, but that's hardly the same thing.

Though to be clear, I've never felt the utter lack of scares to be an actual problem whatsoever.

That's because they aren't fast zombies.

And really, the show is about people living in the overall experience, not just zombies.

I also feel like they aren't trying to be shock horror.

And really, the show is about people living in the overall experience, not just zombies.

Totally agree. I'm not even really into zombie fiction at all, and I pretty much have to tell people the same thing when I recommend the show to others who insist they won't like it because they aren't zombie fans. It's really more of a zombie "setting"; just a post-apocalyptic backdrop for a show that is ultimately about the actual un-undead, one-hundred-percent-alive-and-deliberately-kicking people.

Plenty of zombie movies use the zombies to represent a threat but don't really focus on trying to scare you with them. To me zombie survival is all about people returning to a pre-civilization mode where people live in small scattered groups surrounded by danger and struggling day to day for survival. This is the environment that we evolved in and I think some of us have a subconscious desire to return to that level of existence.

Zombies also conveniently represent several unconscious fears that we have evolved with: disease, predators, enemy invaders. And they have the benefit of being photogenic. They could have made the same show but with a regular plague instead of a plague of zombies, but germs, being invisible and all, aren't all that cinematic. The Walking Dead creators definitely aren't the first ones to use zombies this way.

I thought the zombies were pretty scary early on in the show, but as time goes by I think they're trying to show that people are getting used to their new reality and so the zombies are more of a constant nuisance now. Even though they're downplaying the scariness, I still think seeing dead people walking around is kind of freaky. Maybe not terrifying, but still pretty creepy.

You have to do your part to let stuff scare you though. I've never understood why people watch/play/read horror stuff during the day or with the lights on or around groups of people. Ever been in a cemetery at night by yourself? It's a little different than in a group during the day.

Damn, this turned into a long drunken rambling. Oh well.

Lol, she is in school now and not working on bodies now, but you are right!

She is NOT squeamish.

As for watching TWD while she is in the bath....granted it isn't BReaking Bad, but its trying to be!

Back