The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haven't watched yet (why the F am I here reading this thread? I don't know, I just clicked the link without thinking), but I would guess it's the group Tara ran into before who were hiding from Negan

Seaside? Oceanside?

Unlikely, as there were a few men mixed into the group. also, From the preview they had a different leader than the seaside group. I'm also leaning against the wolves as I didn't see any W's carved into their foreheads.

I'm sure it's a new group.

Rick smiled at the end, and I think I know why....... these are rough & ready survivors he's found, and they do NOT seem to be Saviors, and he's looking for numbers to help defeat the Saviors, and they didn't kill him on sight, so he's thinking he might have a 50/50 shot at being able to join forces.

At this point, he and Michonne both are becoming convinced that their group is like "the chosen ones" (or something to that effect) such that no matter what happens, the majority of their group for the most part is going to be okay and win in the end. There's a bit of overconfidence going on, but even so, it's giving them a sharper edge that they didn't have before. Stop being the victim and assimilate some of the Saviors badassitude... but not so much as to turn into complete bad guys like the Saviors. He smiled because he figures the odds are decent that he will be able to convince these new folks that they need to be friends and help each other out. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but maybe later. And whatever it is that they might do to Rick or the Alexandrians, it cannot possibly be any worse than the Saviors. So, he almost finds it funny or entertaining to see what's going to happen next.

As do I. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am totally fired up for the latter half of this season!!!

Also, pretty sure they are going to make Rick fight the zombie with spikes through it.

527d9226590f987b89308802e052b9dece9b7459.gif

Hell of a way to start the second half of the season. Gotta say I felt the payoff of seeing the group do cool things together was worth sitting through a lot of Negan's atrocities.

Rick Has His Balls Back
Rick might still be playing the part of wounded dog when the Saviors show up, but he sure seems to have his old fire back. From that cocky smile when they met the junk people to his angry pacing when talking to Ezekiel, Rick seems to be back to his old self, perhaps just a little bit wiser and less homicidal than before though.

ZOMBIE CAR GUILLOTINE!
Rick and Michonne made a massive ZOMBIE CAR GUILLOTINE and it was awesome! That is all.

Ezekiel Wimps Out
I don't think it's going to last long, based on the teaser for next episode, but Ezekiel wimping out due to injuries and losses makes a lot of sense to me. After all, Rick even admitted his group has been practically neutered by the Saviors already, so why should the Kingdom back this little desperate rebellion?

Who was in the car with Gabriel when he left? As he drove away someone raised up in the passenger seat.

There's a theory that Gabriel has been in contact previously with the junkyard people. The assumption is the person sneaking around Alexandria with the boots is one of the junkyard people. Apparently that is the person that is in the passenger seat of the car. As for what Gabriel is doing with them, it's unclear.

There's a theory that Gabriel has been in contact previously with the junkyard people. The assumption is the person sneaking around Alexandria with the boots is one of the junkyard people. Apparently that is the person that is in the passenger seat of the car. As for what Gabriel is doing with them, it's unclear.

His motives *might* be noble. It's possible. But personally, I wouldn't trust that idiot at all. He probably wants out of Alexandria. Maybe these junkyarders are religious and offered him protection just for being a priest, or something, or would elevate him to some special protected status so that he can return to his cowardly nature.

Just thinking out loud.

Bad green screen effects.

Has living in a garbage dump caused these people to have mental difficulties?

Would've been cool if they had an army of those zombies.

I don't know why they insist on using bad green screen so often; it's visually jarring; either get better green screen or stop using it. As for the speech of the junkyard gang, I think it's an act designed to throw people off.

A shocking Walking Dead twist that doesn't (directly) involve someone getting killed? Neat! A good episode that I think utilized the fractured group dynamic well to both show how the group may ultimately not need the Kingdom and how the Kingdom is inevitably being dragged into the war.

The Big Lie
I thought that Darryl was about to tell Carol the truth and set off the powder keg necessary to drag the Kingdom to war... but Darryl cares too much about Carol's well-being. That line about how there would be "nothing left" of her after killing more people I think is what caused him to lie. Eventually the truth will come out however, will Carol understand why Darryl lied when it happens? I'm not so sure.

The Richard Time Bomb
If nothing else, the real time bomb as shown this week is Richard, who tries to orchestrate a sort of false flag operation to bring the Kingdom into the war, he was even willing to sacrifice Carol to do it. Unfortunately for Richard, Darryl was having none of it for obvious reasons; but I'm positive that Richard is going to do something to set things off.

Garbage Zombie Gladiator Fight!
A fight against a zombie that doesn't end with either a brief struggle and a bite or a swift knife to the head? Neat! Arguably this was one of the most interesting zombie fights in the Walking Dead history, it really showed that even a veteran zombie killer like Rick can be thrown off by unique situations. The "pile a bunch of garbage on the zombie" concept was a bit poorly executed in my opinion, but it at least made for an interesting situation.

Anyone notice Snowman's trailer from smoky and the bandit?

Off topic, and reason for the quote. @Zuljin where'd you find your avatar pic? Looks like a picture I took when we were cleaning out my wife's grandparents house after they died. Saw it and thought that was pretty awesome. Here's my version.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1487586310.629039.jpg

I don't know why they insist on using bad green screen so often; it's visually jarring; either get better green screen or stop using it. As for the speech of the junkyard gang, I think it's an act designed to throw people off.

That would be a good ruse, and story writting.

Anyone notice Snowman's trailer from smoky and the bandit?

Off topic, and reason for the quote. @Zuljin where'd you find your avatar pic? Looks like a picture I took when we were cleaning out my wife's grandparents house after they died. Saw it and thought that was pretty awesome. Here's my version.

View attachment 389719

I broke into their basement a few years ago and took pictures of their cans. It's a fetish. ;)

Actually, I was surfin the interwebs for Shiner stuff, and found that pic. I'm pretty sure it's the same one. Crazy.

They had a pretty diverse looking group of inbreds.

Has't the walker-pocolypse only been going on for like 3 years?

That's what I figure. Of course, it's impossible to use Judith as a timekeeper because 1) she only appears like once per season and 2) even after ~3 years she's still only like 1 year old. I really have to wonder who the hell takes care of her these days anyway -- Coral? Random unnamed lady in Alexandria until it's her turn to get killed?

:ban:

They had a pretty diverse looking group of inbreds.

Has't the walker-pocolypse only been going on for like 3 years?

Oh, they've been in the junkyard waaaaaay prior to the apocalypse. It started with old Jim Bob buying up a huge lot of land back in '43. He then built a house on that lot and decided to take up farming. After the dust bowl hit, he lost all of his savings on his failed farm. Determined not to give up, he decided to open a junkyard on his property. After that, things really turned around. Now with a large sum of money, Jim Bob married his cousin and went to work on starting a family.

Lloyd's bangs are actually a straighter cut than hers

I thought Hardwick would bust her on it when she was on Talking Dead

but that's the hair she chooses to wear IRL

I think the actress is cute. She resembles Katherine Heigl, but with stupid looking hair.

This is her with different hair (and all dolled up of course) for reference:

688ef26c8a1ad76c37f688611a5c541b.jpg

She's been a few indie/foreign films in the UK before, Pollyanna McIntosh and played bit characters here and there.

Aren't there American actors that they can find for this show. Everybody is a Brit trying to do an American accent.

WTF?

Rick, Morgan the Governor and that lady. (Not Maggie - she was born here grew up in the US.)

Sherri freed Darryl. We knew this. Sherri fled and is hiding from Dwight. Figured that out pretty quick.

Eugene is being treated very well by the Saviors. I figured they'd be niceish to him. They want him to do Eugene stuff for them.

The wives wanted to poison Negan. Saw that coming.

Negan believed Dwight. Despite Eugene's explanation for why, I think its because he wants to believe him for his own piece of mind.

Eugene is enjoying himself, and I did entertain the idea that he thinks Rick has given up, so now he's just got to get on the first new winning team that picks him up, but I'm not convinced Eugene is completely and totally Negan. If Negan believes that and Dwight, he's not as smart as he's been made out to be. Eugene, now he is smart, and cunning. He's played a ruse to benefit himself before.

A slower, more psychological episode for sure, but possibly one of the most significant we've had in a while in terms of advancing the story. It also left us unclear on exactly where Dwight and Eugene stand.

Sherri Flees Tragedy, Not Consequences
In a non-shocker, Sherri let out Darryl...but not for Darryl; rather for Dwight. The insight we get into Dwight, that apparently he has some sort of condition in which he has memory problems, which adds a certain extra layer of tragedy to the **** sandwich that is Sherri and Dwight's life in the apocalypse. Either way, it looks like Sherri is gone for good.

Dwight Gets Sneaky
The doctor is a dick, but did Dwight deceive Negan because the doctor is a dick and he doesn't like him...or because he's trying to sabotage Negan? Could Dwight be team Alexandria now? Or at least "team anybody but Negan"? Being down one doctor certainly hurts Negan and his crew if they have medical problems in an apocalypse. I think Dwight is anti-Negan personally, if so Dwight is in an excellent position to cripple the Saviors.

Is Eugene Team Negan?
We get to see Eugene become a little bit badass this episode. Not only does he assert his authority over the scrap lady, but he sniffs out the Negan assassination attempt. Is Eugene really team Negan 100%? Was a little taste of power and authority all he needed to gain backbone and lose his humanity? It would be an interesting sort of dichotomy if Eugene is now on Negan's side; we see Dwight turn away while Eugene enters the fold.

This is a most interesting episode to ponder. I am certain Dwight is going to turn against Negan at some point. Eugene, though, I hadn't really thought about. Now that I do think about it, I'm thinking that Eugene, in his entire life, has always felt like the outcast, and never in a position of power and authority. Never. Until now. If he is now going to receive all of the respect and authority and power that he never had before, he might cling to that with his dying breath. Yeah. Amazing turn, but also perhaps some realism in it, believe it or not. He's loving it. Plus, he can play Yars Revenge all day long, which is cool and comforting to a guy like him.

Sidebar: I sure hope they do a backstory episode on Negan, kind of like they did with the Governor (as well as with Morgan on the good side).

This second half of the season is a bit too much story telling and a bit too much silly, but then again there is always something in each episode that lends itself to be questioned.

Rick in the pit
There was enough forehead on that walker to easily NOT impale yourself. Those skewers were very long, long enough to easily grab one or two to control the walker. No, instead Rick stabs his hand and slices his leg. Anyways, it is kind of stupid to not think that the skewer was not infected...somehow. These walkers constantly drip their own fluids, so the skewer being clean (BOTH skewers) is a little far fetched, in my opinion.

Carol
Die already, tired of her character's emotions woes.

Trash Folk
Where are the Mad Max like vehicles? They're in a junkyard; I would expect that we will see something nifty in the future.

Eugene
...looks out for Eugene first and foremost. He's not really loyal to anyone persay, BUT I think if given a choice he'd help Rick and team out before the Saviors.

Dwight
He was only trying to help his (ex)wife. I don't read into it any more than that, and this was a relatively easy ploy for him.

The Kingdom
I agree with someone who mentioned that they will be thrown into it one way or another. I cannot fathom them sitting this one out.

How many episodes are left in the season?

How many episodes are left in the season?

Prolly only like 3 more. They're milking this with everything they've got. Maximum fanbase and marketing of toys and t-shirts, minimal production costs. They probably need to kill off more and more main characters to maintain exponential profit margins! We already know that one chick is leaving soon, probably the next episode. I'm bad with names. You know, the one that's like... yeah.

There are 5 episodes left (16 total, we just passed #11). The next episode is named "Say Yes" (marriage proposal maybe? Rick and Michonne?) and the episode after is ominously named "Bury Me Here".

Dwight Gets Sneaky
The doctor is a dick, but did Dwight deceive Negan because the doctor is a dick and he doesn't like him...or because he's trying to sabotage Negan? Could Dwight be team Alexandria now? Or at least "team anybody but Negan"? Being down one doctor certainly hurts Negan and his crew if they have medical problems in an apocalypse. I think Dwight is anti-Negan personally, if so Dwight is in an excellent position to cripple the Saviors.

In Talking Dead, Austin Amelio said that killing the doctor was part of Dwight's master plan (paraphrase).

I thought for sure Dwight was going to bolt. Instead he goes back and frames the doctor? That was a bit too much.

Rick in the pit
There was enough forehead on that walker to easily NOT impale yourself.

I think this keeps going back to him losing his hand in the comic book. Rick has decimated his hand several times and I think this is a nod to him not having a hand. Instead of having Rick lose the hand, they keep having him injure it.

I think this keeps going back to him losing his hand in the comic book. Rick has decimated his hand several times and I think this is a nod to him not having a hand. Instead of having Rick lose the hand, they keep having him injure it.

Ha, yeah I didn't think of it that way. HA, that would be funny. Well, we can't take your hand so we're just going to make it so that you wish we did.

Back