The "Waiting for the Next Giveaway" Speakeasy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peyton and IKEA. Been there done that. Many nights putting together IKEA furniture and drinking beer. Makes things take a lot longer. :D Worth it though.

I may have IKEA furniture that isn't put together exactly as they said how to do it. Just saying. Sometimes the instructions are not that clear.

Nothing on tv right now. Entertaining myself. Letting Vikings build up. Maybe two episodes available. Anyone else watching Vikings?

I only watch two regular shows. Vikings and Joe Kenda, Homicide Hunter. Note to self. Don't ever move to Colorado Springs.

Used to watch Ancient Aliens, but it got a little bit much for me. It was entertaining, but then got a bit too far in their reach of what could be aliens.

If not, I will take up that gift for the 2000th post. If someone has already offered up, then I will wait for 3000.

Nothing like KenO going on. No delivering for me. Just receiving deliveries. I hope they are compensating you guys!!

Wife has been pushing for me to get a shed. I said Beer Shed? She said yes. Again tonight. Gonna pull the trigger me thinks.

Kegged 1885 stout. FG is higher than expected 1.018 instead of 1.015. but it was stable and raising Temp did nothing.

Also 1.018 is fine for a stout. wonderfully roasty. all the hops balance it out so it's not sweet. can barley wait for it to carb.

here is the brew as it came out on the Z
1885 stout
OG: 1.054
FG: 1.018
IBU: 58
SRM: 34
ABV: 4.7%

Maris Otter Ale Malt:.....3 lbs 12 oz......52.1%
Black Pearl Malt:..........11.2 oz.......... 8.2%
British Amber:.............2 lbs 12 oz .....9.7%

HOPS
Type...............Amount (oz)....Time
Cluster................0.6..............60
Strisselspalt.........1.5..............30
Spalt Select.........1.5..............20

Wyeast Scottish Ale 1728

Nothing like KenO going on. No delivering for me. Just receiving deliveries. I hope they are compensating you guys!!

This peak season I did good as far as deliveries and extra cash made. It wasn't a bad December till I fell at least.

Dr said to wrap it for 2 more weeks. If not better MRI and possibly surgery

Had our first 2017 beer meeting last night. It was good to get out and drink some homebrews of others.

We had a brewers duel where 2 brewers challenged each other to a catagorey it was winter spiced beers.

Scored my speidel finally. Adventures has free shipping over 49, so I got it 10% off from a Facebook followers then a 10 gift cert so it was 43 shipped, scored!!

NOw to brew a day and fill the speidel!!!

Peyton I think you have one, does it leave a good amount of beer on the bottom below the spigot? I was thinking of getting the Norcal solution dip tube and a ball valve then transfers should go smooth into my keg! With minimal loss as well

Back