The Tired Hands Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the whole chair thing incredibly bizarre but yeah Tired Hands obviously approves of it given that interaction. The idea that you are in line by putting a chair down even if you are at work is just so weird. Kids these days just don't understand milling about outside a brewery.

Where my law peoples at?
Are the chairs, when they are put down, considered abandoned at that point, or trash, etc? Would there be legal ramifications if someone would just walk up and take them all and threw them in a dumpster?
If it's legal to move savesies chairs etc during snow, would the same apply to moving an unaccompanied chair on public property?
Asking for a friend.

I find the whole chair thing incredibly bizarre but yeah Tired Hands obviously approves of it given that interaction. The idea that you are in line by putting a chair down even if you are at work is just so weird. Kids these days just don't understand milling about outside a brewery.

if you could drink in line this might be different. but since you cannot and the brewery is open before the sale begins, it just lends itself to this conclusion.

besides, why would tired hands even get involved? they are shitting money each week at these releases. they just want to crowd source the solution. they only got involved last week because someone forced their hand.

if you could drink in line this might be different. but since you cannot and the brewery is open before the sale begins, it just lends itself to this conclusion.

besides, why would tired hands even get involved? they are shitting money each week at these releases. they just want to crowd source the solution. they only got involved last week because someone forced their hand.
People being inside drinking bothers me less than people being at work even if I still find the chair thing weird.

I don't know about the legality of moving chairs however I have seen a post on Craigslist about "free chairs" during a Tired Hands release before.

I'm going to build a 200-pound wood picnic table on that sidewalk to hold my place. Seats six, if anyone else wants in.

I wonder which inanimate objects are acceptable for use as placeholders. I've seen camping and folding chairs, obviously, and then coolers, growler bags, or piles of growlers, but I think that's it.

Could I get away with a lawn gnome? Maybe a Shaq standee? Or just a cinder block with my name on it?

I wonder which inanimate objects are acceptable for use as placeholders. I've seen camping and folding chairs, obviously, and then coolers, growler bags, or piles of growlers, but I think that's it.

Could I get away with a lawn gnome? Maybe a Shaq standee? Or just a cinder block with my name on it?

I still have to get rid of my Christmas tree...

I still have to get rid of my Christmas tree...

tumblr_inline_mlogyieErr1qz4rgp.gif

Does anyone know when the black wax 500ml guillemot was released? And anything special about it compared to the other guillemot variants.

Does anyone know when the black wax 500ml guillemot was released? And anything special about it compared to the other guillemot variants.
Pretty sure it was February or March 2015. It was either the last or 2nd to last release they had at the cafe, before the Ferm opened.

Yeah white wax was vanilla variant. Red wax was prunus. B1 black wax was nebula. Was b2 black wax nebula as well or just regular guillemot?

My recollection is the white wax was released daily the week following the b2 black wax

18 bottles a day at brew cafe at open(for the white wax at least). Was a great week to be "on the beach" at work

Is there a chance someone has an extra Royal Lager mug that they'd be willing to let go of?

Is tired hands share friendly? Going to be down this Friday and Saturday, considering bringing some Hill bottles.

With so many openings/can releases/bottle releases you need one of those planners like they have for Coachella.

Weekend of Psychosis and Enlightenment. 6/3 & 6/4

We are turning 5 years old! Please join us in celebrating our humble little brewery's fifth turn around the sun this weekend. There is quite a bit going on between our BrewCafé, Fermentaria and our General Store... I'll try my best to summarize it all below!

Let's start with the beers. The following is a breakdown of what should be on tap most of the weekend at each location:

Our BrewCafé

HopHands, SaisonHands, St.Fiver (Yuzu/Kalamansi/Pink Grapefruit IPA), Birthday Cake Double Milkshake, MagoMagoTagoTago, The Emptiness is Only When the Mind is Very Quiet (Pa Apple and Black Walnut) and Red Wine Only Void 2017.

Fermentaria

HopHands, SaisonHands, Technicolor Splendor, MilkSaint Fiver (Yuzu/Kalamansi/Pink Grapefruit/Lactose/Madagascar Vanilla Bean IPA), So It Goes 2017, Oat Tao (All Oat Malt Oak Fermented Saison brewed with @mikkeller), Single Origin Coffee Only Void 2017, Extra Vanilla Milkshake IPA, Secret Face 2017 ( Mature Blonde Saison Blended for the Anniversary)

The following beers will be rotating on tap at the Fermentaria all throughout the weekend:

Single Origin Coffee Only Void 2016, Gatherer 2016, PurPec (Oak Fermented Mild. Brewed with @forestandmain two years ago), Hysterical Obelisk (Spiced Saison fermented in Vin Santo barrels. Over two years old), Secret Face 2016, Only Void 2016, Bourbon Barrel Only Void 2016, Lapsang Souchong and Vanilla Only Void 2016, Heavy Gem: Virga, Singing Swans (Oak Fermented Merlot Grape Saison), Peaceful Invasive (Smoked Mushroom and Knotweed Saison. Brewed with @jesterking over one year ago), Enhanced Sincerity (Stainless Steel Fermented Merlot Grape Saison)

PLEASE NOTE: We will only be selling growlers of HopHands, SaisonHands, St.Fiver (NOT MilkSaint Fiver) and Technicolor Splendor this weekend.

Alright! That's a list! I hope you all approve... We are very excited to stroll through these beers with you all!

Below is a list of activities for this weekend that will be taking place all around our Ardmore campus:

SATURDAY 6/3/2017

10:00am at the FERM. Snack Stand and Dry Hopped Juice Bar. Enjoy $1 donuts from our pals at @federaldonuts and $1 pours of house-made dry hopped juice (Galaxy dry hopped orange juice & Mosaic dry hopped Grapefruit juice).

General Store GRAND OPENING at NOON! Located two doors down from our BrewCafé, our General Store serves as a much needed outlet for all of our merch, glassware, bottles, cans, and other "General" items that we think are really cool. We will be opening our doors with new shirts, many many new glass designs, a reach-in full of HopHands, and five new bottles (which I'll post about later). It's going to be cool! Stop by man!

2:00pm at the FERM. Parageusia Bar V3.0. We will be reopening the Parageusia Bar and hosting Christian Zellersfield's modern-day terrestrial representative, Christian, once again this year. Christian will be debuting both Parageusia8 and Parageusia9 and has printed special glasses for this year's debut as well. As in years past, $15 get you one glass and the corresponding pour of Parageusia. If you'd like to try both iterations of this year's Parageusia, you will need to purchase both glasses, which are yours to keep once you've finished the pour. Each person (or group up to four people) will get up to three minutes in the Parageusia Bar and will have the opportunity to discuss whatever they wish with Christian. **Cash Only!**

3:00pm at the General Store. Hang out with Mike Lawrence and Jean! Please feel free to join Mike and Jean in the back room of the General Store and taste through four new bottles with us. We will have a number of very limited silk screened prints of labels that Mike has done for us available for sale too. Mike and Jean will be prepared to sign any prints/bottles/whatever too! Swing by, taste some cool new bottles, and talk art/beer/metal/life/death/stillness/whatever with us. Please?

SUNDAY 6/4/2017

10:00am at the FERM. Snack Stand and Dry Hopped Juice Bar. Enjoy $1 donuts from our pals at @federaldonuts and $1 pours of house-made dry hopped juice (Galaxy dry hopped orange juice & Mosaic dry hopped Grapefruit juice).

NOON at the FERM. MilkSaint Fiver can release. MilkSaint Fiver is our psycho Birth Day iteration of our Milkshake IPA series. Brewed with tons of oats and lactose sugar. Hopped intensely with Mosaic and Citra. Conditioned atop a (seriously) irresponsible amount of yuzu, kalamansi, and pink grapefruit purée. We will announce allotments when possible.

3:00pm at the General Store. Vintage Bottle Rummage Sale. Join us in the back room of the General Store and rummage through cases of bottles, hand picked by Jean, that span our five year life as a brewery. There are some seriously badass gems in this selection. Each guest will get to select one bottle and then move on!

Executive Chef Bill Braun has also created some killer specials for each location this weekend:

BrewCafé:

HopHands Beer Can Chicken Panini w/ slaw & beer-becue sauce

FERM:
The Bigger Ferm (Is it the Biggest Ferm? Who knows. But it’s definitely Bigger.)
Clam Strip Taco w/ cucumber, onion & cocktail salsa
Smothered Chimichanga
Big Dumb Nachos

This is going to be fun! This is going to be peaceful! This is going to be edifying! This is going to be delicious! Please be patient and respect your neighbors. Oh yeah, every location opens at NOON! We CANNOT wait to see you all!

Anyone have any Alien Church they're willing to part with? Been looking to try that one for a while now. I saw it was released today so it seems like a good time. PM if you're willing.

Anyone have any Alien Church they're willing to part with? Been looking to try that one for a while now. I saw it was released today so it seems like a good time. PM if you're willing.

Hey if you don't get this next time my local taps it I can grab you a crowler for cost. Usually ever week or two.

I was planning on heading down for lunch and a few drinks tomorrow. Apparently tomorrow's can release is going to be a ********. Should I not bother going around lunchtime? Will the place just be packed and not fun. Not staying for cans as 5pm is way too late for that ish

I was planning on heading down for lunch and a few drinks tomorrow. Apparently tomorrow's can release is going to be a ********. Should I not bother going around lunchtime? Will the place just be packed and not fun. Not staying for cans as 5pm is way too late for that ish

Don't forget to make a reservation if you do go: http://www.tiredhands.com/fermentaria/reservations

I’d imagine you’ll be fine for lunch. Most people drop chairs and come back closer to 5.

Bruh, in town and prob heading there around lunchtime.

My wife is in Philly for a few days for work starting tomorrow. Should she go to the Fermenteria or Cafe? What saison would suggest? I would like to have her avoid in lines and feel no need for her to get hops

Latest posts

Back