The Tired Hands Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drank the entire Para series about 2-3 weeks ago, thanks again Nathan and Jordan, and I would currently rank them 1-3-2-4-5-------47. One and three were drinking very well but one was the clear favorite. Two and four were quite nice as well, just a bit behind the other two. Five was good but honestly should have been released on its own and not part of this series. It definitely suffers lower scores after being compared to the others.

Had two different bottles of 47 that day hours apart, both were ok at best. He pretty clearly used the Para name on 47 to sell it knowing it wasn't up to the standard of the other beers previously released in this series.

Anyone going to the release today? Would love a can of each if you're up to set up a little swap :D

Sticky release went great. It's amazing seeing three different bottles available to go right now. All of them are really great saisons. Eyes Closed & Open is the best saison on draft for my preferences. BrewCafe list has been steady great. Killing the Lagers and Pilsners lately.

Yeah, the bottle of Ourison we bought a month ago or so was really good. Going to pick up my bottles of Sticky sometime this weekend.

Any kind soul want to send me some helles cans? I can repay with right proper growlers or any other DC locals you'd be interested in...

Just got a can of 10/04 Hophands and am shocked how much it reminds me of some of the milkshakes. It almost tastes as if it has lactose in it. I guess thats the mix of oats and their yeast?

The older bottles (pre-Ferm) had the additional sentence as the last line on the back of the label "We produce our beer in small batches, twelve kegs at a time".
I think their beers were way better when done 12 kegs at a time.

Looks like I'm finally hitting up Tired Hands today with the wife. Anything in particular I should be eating/drinking?

Looks like I'm finally hitting up Tired Hands today with the wife. Anything in particular I should be eating/drinking?

Are you going to the Fermenteria, the Brew Cafe, or both? Because the menus and beer selection are pretty different.

Hitting up the Fermenteria for lunch. Brew Cafe doesn't open til 4 so that's a no go today

Emily orders the shishito and grits every time we go, and I've had the burger a few times and really enjoyed it, but the tacos are hard to pass up. The al pastor, fish, carne asada, and carnitas are all good, but they also always seem to have some off menu taco special that is incredible as well.

And I think the only beer on right now that was on last time I was there (other than HopHands and SaisonHands) was the Seasonal IPA, which is kind of weird, but was still really good. But I mean, nothing there is ever really bad, so I'm sure you'll be fine with whatever you drink.

wait... can *I* be someone's boo

giphy.gif

Asked this in Philly thread before finding y'all here. Rookie mistake.

Have they released Undertow in cans at all? I had a draft last week and have been pretty much thinking about it ever since.

Asked this in Philly thread before finding y'all here. Rookie mistake.

Have they released Undertow in cans at all? I had a draft last week and have been pretty much thinking about it ever since.
Either thread really works, you got an answer over there too.

Why do you even want to know?

Maybe, but for posterity, you'd better give us a full writeup here, complete with screenshots of any/all related social media drama.

Someone decided to take a stand against the chair line and just stood at the front of a line of empty chairs.

Reports starting coming in a little after 4pm on Thursday on Tired Hand's Instagram post here :

"heavyspaghetti" is the one who went to the front of the line of chairs.

qevVQsX.jpg

gcrD3nK.jpg

jqZBRel.jpg

Eventually "heavyspaghetti" made his way to BeerAdovcate and posted in the Tired Hands January 2017 thread with this:

iqC76EM.jpg

There a good amount of replies to this but for the most part things seemed to blow over and everything seems back to "normal" with no mention of it from Tired Hands.

Last edited:
Someone decided to take a stand against the chair line and just stood at the front of a line of empty chairs.

Reports starting coming in a little after 4pm on Thursday on Tired Hand's Instagram post here :

"heavyspaghetti" is the one who went to the front of the line of chairs.

qevVQsX.jpg

gcrD3nK.jpg

jqZBRel.jpg

Eventually "heavyspaghetti" made his way to BeerAdovcate and posted in the Tired Hands January 2017 thread with this:

iqC76EM.jpg

There a good amount of replies to this but for the most part things seems to blow over and everything seems back to "normal" with no mention of it from Tired Hands.

I would like to shake heavysphagetti's hand. Good for him. I think this "system" is one of the more ridiculous things I've come across lately. I hate beer (people).

For how cold it was Sunday being able to drop a chair and sit in my car was pretty ideal to me.

Back