The obligatory "what did you get for your brewery from Santa this year?" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upgrading from my aluminum turkey fryer / burner to this.

Attachments

• 41142-Raise-Your-Game-II-Kettle-Burner-Kit_1_x700.jpg
    41142-Raise-Your-Game-II-Kettle-Burner-Kit_1_x700.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
the comments about wives "LETTING you have..." or the wives that "hate it when you brew..." sound depressing.
My wife cant wait for me to brew a new one and buys me grain kits quite often. We enjoy beer together .
So much this! My wife doesnt drink beer, but she whole-heartedly supports my hobby. Spouses are supposed to support each other. My wife quilts, so I bought her stuff for that.

I got a stick blender for pureeing fruit, a Tilt, (2) 3 gallon kegs, a second intertap faucet with flow control and a new record player for the brew room. Damn good Christmas.

New food saver for storing hops in freezer. Personalized Man Crate with custom pint glasses, blichmann beer gun v2!!

Nice haul
the comments about wives "LETTING you have..." or the wives that "hate it when you brew..." sound depressing.
My wife cant wait for me to brew a new one and buys me grain kits quite often. We enjoy beer together .
Same here. I think this is the only hobby I've had that she encourages.

6 gal pet carboy
3 gal pet carboy
Mark II wort pump
Mark II keg cleaner
Custom tap handle
Brewing British-style beer book
Goodnight brew book
Extra airlocks in my stocking
Custom homebrew shirts

Recipe kits:
Barleywine (AG)
Vienna lager (AG)
Bock (AG)
Holiday Ale (AG)
1gal black IPA (extract)
1 gal Chardonnay

My SO strongly supports this hobby!

I got a Cereal Killer mill, a 53 quart Concord kettle w/ basket and I just ordered a Wilserbrewer BIAB bag. Can't wait to do my first BIAB when the new bag gets here.

So much this! My wife doesnt drink beer, but she whole-heartedly supports my hobby. Spouses are supposed to support each other. My wife quilts, so I bought her stuff for that.

I should follow up and say my wife supports my hobby of brewing. She simply thinks that I have all of the equipment I need. Need yes, but Christmas is for wants........wish list includes a 3 gal corny, water ph meter, and a hop filter for my boils if Santa is listening. [emoji12]

My wife got me "Clear Beer Draught System" floating dip tubes for all of my kegs! They replace your kegs long dip tubes and work great and draw clear beer from the top of the keg, so the dip tube is no longer in the bottom with the settled yeast and other stuff. You can drink the beer much quicker (within a week after it's kegged and carbed, instead of waiting for the flavors to meld) and the beer actually tastes better than when drawing from the bottom. Very good gift!

John

To add to mine-work paid out our remaining vacation, so got permission to get a grain mill! Won't be here till next Wednesday but can't wait to mill my own and control the crush myself. Also husband ordered us some new South African hops from YVH that will be here Monday, I see a SMASH brewing on NYD. Yay!!

Two gift cards, one to LHBS and one to AIH. Also beer related was a couple tee shirts. It’s all good. Bought myself a new 10 gallon kettle and some malt before the holiday.

I got a book that has over 200 popular recipes in it, as well as a new glass 64 oz growler, a 4 piece set of different styles of beer glasses, and my wife got me a 50 lb sack of 2 row a week before Christmas so I could brew at will during my time off.

Not from Santa, from my wallet, but I got an Ss 10G Infussion mash tun. So far with a water test it held better than my Rubbermaid. 1.5 degree less temp loss over an hour.

20181229_121116.jpg

20181229_160650.jpg

Attachments

• 20181229_121116.jpg
    20181229_121116.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Last thing I needed for my brewery was a tiny space heater so my brew buddies (dogs & cats) can be out in the brewery with me without the husband complaining about the cold air coming from the garage..although I've NEVER heard him complain about the delicious smell of mashing/boiling wort coming from same. He's been known to come out here in his BVD's from a dead sleep just to smell what the wife is cooking. New dual temp controller has the ferment fridge exactly where it will need to be tomorrow to receive what will come out of the BK. Damn was a good Christmas. And it appears a lot of you had the same. Cheers to tolerant TWMBO!!! (those)

My Wife and Kids were very generous this year!

20 gal Brewers Hardware Jacketed Ferm with tons of xtras
Penguin chiller
30 gal Spike+ Kettle
Tons of Parts and Pieces and Books

I know I was not the poster boy of a great person this year, but I’ve been brewing >20yrs and my wife told me to buy my “end game” solution. She is tired of small upgrade to the next upgrade. I will be good for awhile.....or at least until July.

cereal killer grain mill(!!!!!), cream ale ingredients, ball valve kit for cooler, brew hauler, and 5# golden promise. here's to a new year and motorizing the mill!

Back