The Next Step?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strahmhv

Reaction score
I'm currently fiddling around with home-malting, and different all-grain recipes... but I've been toying with the idea of turning my hobby in a source of secondary income. Eventually, I'd love to open up a brewhouse in my home town, which currently has no local brewery.

So for those of you who have taken brewing to the next level, how did you start? I'd love to hear some stories.

Should I start by upgrading the volume of my equipment and work on distributing it to local bars/consumers? or is it not that difficult to just jump right into commercial-sized brewing equipment?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Have you ever brewed on a large scale?

Find a place and ask to help, most of the time they will say yes.

I know the first time I did it really opened my eyes how vastly different, yet completely the same the process is.

Ive never had any experience brewing on a large scale, and there aren't any breweries in my area. Perhaps I can find one not too far away.

I personally haven't done it, but I have looked into it. One HUGE caveat will be state regulations. Here in PA, it is not something you can get into as a side business because the cost of a license forces the amount of beer you have to brew and sell into the realm of 'not feasible to do on the side'.

The brewpastor story is pretty cool. Is he still in the brewery business? Hows it going now?

Back