Washington The new Rainier Beer is actually pretty damn good

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acidrain

Reaction score
I just picked up my first 6 of the new (brewed at Redhook) Rainier. It's surprisingly good!
16 oz. bottles
A picture puzzle in the cap like the old Lucky caps used to have
5.2 ABV
No word on the IBU's that I can find, but this is definitely a hoppy version of the old standby.
Tastes like maybe a Cascade finish. Pretty damn good. Drink it and let me know if you agree.

I will have to keep my eyes open for this one.

On a slightly unrelated note.

I'm new in Washington, what are some of the really good local beers that I should be keeping my out for?

Most of the local stuff that I am seeing in the store is from Oregon.

I have to admit, Oregon beers are really good, and my favorite right now is Dechutes Mirror Pond.
For local brews, I really only drink them when I go breweries. which are plentiful...
In Ballard, try Stoop and Rooftop for small scale. For big establishments, try Hales Ales, Maritime Pacific, and Fremont.
Downtown try Pike and then wander through the Pike Place Market.
Capitol Hill hit Elysian.
In Georgetown hit (duh) Georgetown Brewing.
Up North where I'm at, try Diamond Knot and Hellbent.

Download the W.A.B.L. app on your phone. It has all the breweries in Washington, at least all the ones that want to be on the app.
I just got back from Bellingham... they have some really great breweries too. My favorite up there was Boundary Bay.

Thanks for the recommendations. I have tried a few of the Elysian beers and they are pretty good. So far my favorite local beer that I have tried is the Boneyard RPM IPA but that one is from Oregon as well.

I haven't had a chance to visit any of the breweries yet. Any recommendations on ones where I could get away with dragging the kids to? Some places are more kid friendly than others.

I remember the old Commercial for Rainer, the motorcycle Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr.

Throw back...

I like what Pabst is doing with the old brands. It's a national chain but with regional loyalty. I think they're getting it right.

Hey ...New to Washington........................you spelled Olympia wrong in your Profile..:D

Welcome to the forum! ;)

Welcome to Washington!

I'll add Reuben's Brews and Schooner Exact to the list local breweries that you can find bottled. I've taken my kid to Fremont Brewery and Hales Ales here in Seattle, but I'm pretty sure most of the big breweries around are kid friendly. I'm also up north, will have to check out Diamond Knot!

See, I'm so new in Washington that I misspelled where I live.

LOL...Minor foul, Its the water after all......Right! :)

So what do you think of our slice of paradise so far? And just remember! ... lie about it to all your old friends...we dont need them here...:D

Washington State makes some fantastic beer (so does Oregon).

As already mentioned, Boundary Bay out of Bellingham is great. I'm a big fan of their IPA. You should be able to find their beers on tap at various restaurants around Seattle.

Fremont Summer Ale might be my favorite beer for summer. Very easy to drink. Some might say too easy.

Thanks for the recommendations. I have tried a few of the Elysian beers and they are pretty good. So far my favorite local beer that I have tried is the Boneyard RPM IPA but that one is from Oregon as well.

I haven't had a chance to visit any of the breweries yet. Any recommendations on ones where I could get away with dragging the kids to? Some places are more kid friendly than others.

Triplehorn in Woodinville is kid-friendly.

Latest posts

Back