The music that shaped my life.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"In Heaven there's no beer, that's why we drink it here ..." :)

Thank you, good sir. I believe I'll have another Pils.
One is cooling off in the fridge now. By the way I'm a Ronald James Padavona fan. You know .. the guy who sang with ELF, Rainbow, Sabbath, and Dio. :rock:

Last edited:
I spent the summer of 1981 in France with my new inlaws. Musically the only good thing that came from the summer was awareness of Django Reinhart and Edith Piaf. They are both gods of French music.
BUT, my father in law introduced me to Belgian beers and good red wine and her family became my family that summer.

Last edited:
Also, where ska is concerned....

My coworkers were upset to lose Eddie Van Halen. I was upset to lose Johnny Nash and Bunny Lee the same day as EVH. Plus Toots Hibbert not long ago. Sad times for Jamaican legends.
Speaking of Jamaican legends, how are you on Roots Radics and the thousands of tracks they put out? I’m a punk/metal guy but I have a soft spot for that early 80s reggae.

Personally I’ve always liked Eric Clapton, Santana, a little bit of Jimi (but not too much, kinda goes off the rails occasionally), Pink Floyd, and when I’m in a certain mood a little bit of Leonard Cohen.

And of course all the ones they always play on the radio like that Eagles song and that one by Kansas lol etc

Oh! And the best 14 minute song ever, Telegraph Road of course, by the legends that are Dire Straits.

I read most of the posts and I like someone else I didn’t plan on posting but so many things were discussed that I felt compelled too.

When I was growing up my dad listened to classical music and that was pretty much all I heard until I moved in 89, and met some new kids who introduced me to Guns N Roses, Metallica, Megadeth and Iron Maiden, my life changed forever! I couldn’t get enough and I wanted to hear more, metal, rock, classic rock, hair metal (although I don’t think that’s what it was called back then) and as I went into the 90’s there was so much more coming and changing and that had another layer of stuff I had to hear

Now I dabble in those bands but enjoy stuff way heavier these days, as I’ve gotten older I look to hear music much heavier like All that Remains, Blessthefall, Slipknot, In Flames, Bury Tomorrow and Dead by April.

I could go on for days about music and bands but I’ll stop here, for now.

Metal head with a deep love for the blues and southern rock

Megadeth
Metallica
Black Sabbath
Iron maiden
Death
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Allman bros
SRV
Buddy guy
The three kings, bb,albert,freddie
Too many to name

Last edited:
This is the song that "soothes the beast" in me when I need to reset. Maybe one of the only covers I enjoy more than the original

It can flip my mood in less than 2 minutes, Id call that "shaped my life" (Amazing side-note, Jimmy allegedly wrote this song in about as much time as it takes to play it! roughly 140 seconds)

This is the song that "soothes the beast" in me when I need to reset. Maybe one of the only covers I enjoy more than the original

It can flip my mood in less than 2 minutes, Id call that "shaped my life" (Amazing side-note, Jimmy allegedly wrote this song in about as much time as it takes to play it! roughly 140 seconds)

SRV is my hero reason i picked up guitar

Back