The Most Terrible Beer Ever orrr The Worst Beer Of All Time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmmmm.... smoked porter. Have not sampled this one yet, but there is no beer style that I love more than a nice smoked porter. Well, maybe a rauchbier. Or my smoked stout. Or a smoked hefeweizen. Smoked bock, too.

Noticing a pattern?

The only beer I've ever purchased and poured out was B to the E, the Budweiser energy drink/beer. Take a half a glass of Red Bull, top it off with Budweiser, drink.

Disclaimer: Have an empty bucket nearby, or do this in the bathroom, as it's likely to indcue vomiting.

Sam Adams Triple Bock? Is that the one that is a dead wringer for soy sauce? We used it literally as soy sauce so as not to waste it and we couldn't tell a difference.

Some smoked beers are palatable. Most are a bit too over the top. I love my smokey scotch(Laphroaig is my favorite), but some are too much. A nice smokey peat flavor can be nice, especially with smoked salmon.

I have had plenty of schwag beers but for a well crafted beer that was just gross I think it was Breckenridge Breweries Vanila Porter. I just couldn't drink it.

Pete's strawberry is pretty bad, Left hand seems to make descent stuff though so I would imagine its not "that" bad if you really like smoked beers.

SPARKS is gross, only energy / malt beverage I have ever had. I also hate steel reserve which is all sparks is, steel reserve + redbull.

The only beer I have ever purchased and couldn't force myself to finish was that blue berry crap with the dog on the front. I can't remember the name but AB might make it.

i had some crazy heavy belgian from some microbrewery in belgium and it was un palatable. and i will drink anything! i think it was over-the-topbutterscotchy and really thick. eckkhh!

Another bad beer thread and no one has mentions SA Cranberry Lambic yet. Seriously, does anyone like that beer?

I have a corn stalk beer that I brewed in 07 you fellows should try, it's quite sour still, needs a little more time methinks. . . . or something else. . . . the soy sauce idea sounds like an option.

I think we have a winner for worst beer of all time.

I guess I thought this was about the worst beer we have had. There are a lot of beers that I have not given a second glance because just the thought was enough to say no like this one.

I am sure there is a beer out there, probably not made anymore, that all of us have never had but if we were to would agree that it is the worst.

Anyone remember skittlebrew, :mug: oh wait that was on the simpsons.

I made a clone of the Duff Skittlebrau (pound of regular Skittles in the secondary). It was not good but it sure was a nice palate cleanser after taking a sip of the SA Cranberry Lambic.

The only beer I have ever purchased and couldn't force myself to finish was that blue berry crap with the dog on the front. I can't remember the name but AB might make it.

Wild Blue, by Blue Dawg Brewing out of NY. Yes, not that great, but not the worst. I will add my vote to Sam Adams cherry cough syrup, I mean cherry wheat!!!

Rochefort 8. Ugh that stuff is dreck!

No, seriously, Green's Discovery, a gluten-free beer that brags that it's brewed without crustaceans, mustard or celery. Would have been better with all that stuff.

+1 on breckenridge vanilla porter.
+1 on SA triple bock. I bought it because a beer rating book I had listed it as his 2nd or 3rd favorite (still got the book).
+1 on ice beer, although my all time least fav is Keystone Ice.
+1 on cherry/berry anything.
But my official vote would be for Black Label. Its cheap for a reason.

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. [shudders]

+2 on that. That **** is so nasty... when I first tried that I felt like a third grader who had a bad cough and my mom is like here, this cough syrup will make you feel better and I'm like, Hell no, I'd rather die of the whooping cough than drink this vile concoction! Never again.

All of the good ones are already here...

Cave Creek Chili Beer was pretty bad.
High Gravity Hurricane Lager was gross.
Cherry Wheat made me shudder with memories of Robitussin.
But, Triple Bock tops my list of crap beer.

I was going to say natty light, but somebody had to bring up sa cherry wheat...I try to purge that god awful stuff from my memory.

The first bottle I had I was pretty tanked, and it tasted fantastic. Like cherries. I told the one guy I work with that drinks good beer and he asked me if I was f'n crazy. So I went home and tried another bottle and had to quickly recant my statement.

I gave the other 4 bottles to one of my buddies. He liked it. But he also likes the taste of natty....

Back