The 'Keezer' Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jester369 said:
If doing a tower or coffin, the only reason for a collar would be if the freezer was not deep enough to fit the kegs.

:mug:

Oh I see, that makes sense. Thanks for the quick response, gathering parts for my build now. Will get pics up when it is done. Hopefully it will turn out half as cool as yours

I slow rolled my way into setting up this keezer. I just started out with the freezer (which I got a floor model at Sears pretty cheap fort a 14+ cf one) and the kegs/lines with plastic picnic faucets. Eventually I got tired of beer spilling all over the freezer when pouring so I made the push to building a collar. Cost were about as follows for me:

Red Oak = around $40 for 14 feet
Insulataing styrofoam = $8
Corner bracing brackets and wood screws = $10
Stain and Seal = $0 I used what I had already
Shanks = $90 for 6
Perlicks = $150 for 5 (didn't get 6 because I am putting a stout faucet in soon I hope)
Johnson digital temp controller = $70
Weatherstrip for the collar to rest on the freezer = $20

So excluding the freezer and the basic kegging equipment I spent around $390.

Its a work in progress. I need to buy some nitrogen kegging supplies. I also want to create a nice tile surface on top of the freezer lid so it can be used as a more traditional bar like surface next to my pool table, since people seem to leave their beers on it as it is already. Maybe put some SS rails along the edge and keep glasses on top as well.

Jester.....your 'original' keezer build thread has turned into a "show us your keezer thread"! You have inspire many, including myself.....I salute you! :mug:

Jester.....your 'original' keezer build thread has turned into a "show us your keezer thread"!

Yeah - I love seeing everyones work, but I think it would be better if it was posted in the Kegerator thread where everyone would see it! That thread gets a lot more traffic than my little ol' build!

darth_vader_nooo_7675.jpeg

Very beutiful end result Jester. Not to mention reading through this thread and being curious about all the "other thread" posts and what got me to pony up for membership. I had no idea what this forum could truly be!! Starting on my keezer now and am going more your route as apposed to the handles on the collar cause it needs to be incorporated into a bar build downstairs. When you mentioned the Tnuts for mounting the top to the lid, any way you could post pics? I'm new to building and don't know all the various hard ware options available. I googled Tnuts and, well, lets just syas there a lot of options.

I was also made curious by all the references. What exactly is this other thread?

Well, the Keezer has gone to its new home *sigh*. Rob, let me know if you want me to hang on to the skirt that we forgot to load in the truck!!

Jester, just thought you should know I plan on ripping this off. Not even tastefully. Just gonna blatantly steal this. hehehe

Thanks and amazing job btw

This thread has really inspired me. I've been building furniture for almost a decade as my other hobby and I've designed the keezer shown here. It has similarities to a lot of my furniture and of course Jester's keezer.

I've got all the parts ordered and gathered, a 14.8 cf freezer, walnut for the dark wood, and fiddleback anigre veneer for the light. I'll post pictures on another thread as I put it together.

keezer.jpg

Jester,I have been following this since the start and have finally picked up a used freezer and have an analog termostat controller.What setting should the freezers built in controller be set at?I am sure I have read the answer here somewhere but can't seem th find it.

Jester can you post or send the sketchup file for your keezer build? Thanks for sharing this build - I have gained a ton of inspiration and great ideas.

thanks for the file...I have modified it very much and made several design changes to suit my build. I picked up 50 BF of mahogany yesterday and started my build today. I am building a keezer, a wall unit and a dining table all for the same room and all out of mahogany.

I'm starting with the keezer, it will be the easiest of the three and more fun!

Look at this 20 " wide slab of mahogany I found at the lumber yard...I'd say this will be a part of the table top.
DSC_4924%20copy.JPG

Hi guys. New to this forum but have been lurking for a while. Have to thank all of the people who have posted absolutely stunning keezer projects, as not only has it inspired me to do my own, you have also convinced the treasury minister aka wife, that is in fact a good idea
Jester, absolutely love your keezer design and am wanting to do something similar. Have a few ideas of my own but would like to take a look at your sketch up designs if that is possible? Mostly drawn up my plans on paper but would be interested in how they look modelled.
Thanks!

House sold back in January. Closing on new land in a couple of weeks, then I need to build the house, THEN I can get started on v2. This could take a while!

Hi

We've bought and sold over a dozen houses, selling is never fun. Building can be a bit exciting as well.

Good Luck

Bob

PM me your email address and I'll send them to you

hi Jester369 - i joined the forum on the free side with a hope to lure your plans out of you. i will gladly upgrade my membership if you will provide your keezer 1 plans (and any 2.0 plans you may have) actually i lied, i will gladly upgrade my membership even if you don't send the files but it was a conversation starter...i don't know if you will get a notification so i will see about pm'ing you.

Love the build Jester...your keezer is the reason I decided to tile the top of mine (hopefully it comes out looking close to as awesome).

This is my first time post, however I have been a long time reader. I was wondering if anyone had the sketchup file (google's sketch program... I think it's sketchup) for this keezer. It's absolutely incredible and would like to use this as a template. PM me if you do and I will send you my email. Excellent job jester!

This is my first time post, however I have been a long time reader. I was wondering if anyone had the sketchup file (google's sketch program... I think it's sketchup) for this keezer. It's absolutely incredible and would like to use this as a template. PM me if you do and I will send you my email. Excellent job jester!

all i did was pm jester and ask if he would mind sending them and he did. he is really nice.

Ok, so slowly running this thing to ground!

Here is the top (without the coffin) attached to the freezer, held up with a prop.

ProppedLid.jpg

Here is what it will look like assembled - the boards on top of the coffin have not been attached. Once the glue has fully cured, they will be attached.

How does this get attached to the freezer? Did you just glue it the freezer door? If so, what type of glue did you use? Standard construction adhesive? Sorry for my noobness. I'm completely new to this and this seems like an amazing project that I would like to integrate into my bar. There is a lot to read here. Do you have a link for the plans? Does it matter what freezer you use? I have a GE 7.0 cubic freezer(FCM7SUWW) and would like to try this with your project with a 3 tap system. 1 - 1/2 keg and 2 cornies(at least that's what I think they are called).

No, it's not glued on. Somewhere in the thread I detail how it goes on, but it's basically bolted on. I think if you search 'blind nuts' or 't nuts' you should find pictures of how I attached it.

I don't have a link to plans, but if you PM your email address I'll send you the files I have.

No, it's not glued on. Somewhere in the thread I detail how it goes on, but it's basically bolted on. I think if you search 'blind nuts' or 't nuts' you should find pictures of how I attached it.

I don't have a link to plans, but if you PM your email address I'll send you the files I have.

PM Sent....Thanks man...

Back