The Home Made Pizza Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thursday night again!, no cook sauce, onion, homemade pepperoni sausage, genoa salami, bell peppers, smoked brisket, fresh mozz, olives and sopressata topping...

2016-11-10 17.56.38.jpg

2016-11-10 18.15.56.jpg

2016-11-10 18.21.04.jpg

2016-11-10 18.27.47.jpg

I'm making three of my country pizzas tonight. 3-12", one with creamy garlic sauce, the other with bbq sauce. Chopped left over turkey, green onions, mushrooms & sweet pepper, & shredded motz will be picked from as toppings. I'll also cut the butter flavored Crisco for the dough in half, then add the other half in extra virgin olive oil. It seems to make a softer, more bread-like interior to the crust? Will try to remember to get pics at that point...:mug:

3 pizzas in the oven on a pizza stone at 500f. These were fantastic, I'm pretty new to the homemade pizza thing and we have done it twicr on wood fire in the Mexican Chiminea. Today was too windy and we got a clearance deal on these 4 mini stones that are 8x8 each, do you can do mini pizzas ot arrange them how you like. I did 2x2 to make a large square. They are pizza craft brand

View attachment 1480298700222.jpg

View attachment 1480298716014.jpg

View attachment 1480298732279.jpg

View attachment 1480298742950.jpg

View attachment 1480298774852.jpg

3 pizzas in the oven on a pizza stone at 500f. These were fantastic, I'm pretty new to the homemade pizza thing and we have done it twicr on wood fire in the Mexican Chiminea. Today was too windy and we got a clearance deal on these 4 mini stones that are 8x8 each, do you can do mini pizzas ot arrange them how you like. I did 2x2 to make a large square. They are pizza craft brand

Those look great!! Nicely done!

Last night's pies.

Left is a BBQ chicken pizza
Right is a taco pizza. Homemade/marinated carne asada, olive oil brushed crust, black beans, cilantro, onions and olives. Topped after with sour cream and guac. Kinda experimental, turned out great!

View attachment 1480627936930.jpg

Last night's pies.

Left is a BBQ chicken pizza
Right is a taco pizza. Homemade/marinated carne asada, olive oil brushed crust, black beans, cilantro, onions and olives. Topped after with sour cream and guac. Kinda experimental, turned out great!

Good work Kev. I mean the pies, and that you beat Icebob to the punch, it is pizza night after all.

Good work Kev. I mean the pies, and that you beat Icebob to the punch, it is pizza night after all.

...and one question. Did you put cilantro on for the bake?

Ha! Thanks! Somehow I always seems to follow him too 😕.

Ya. I cook in the oven at 500 though. Don't have one of them fancy pizza ovens. The trick I've found is fresh cilantro. It has more moisture so doesn't burn but gets a little crispy

I'm the road for work this week, so no pizza night...! Still enjoy to see what you guys put out!

No pizzas from me in a while. I am buying clearance pizzas at the Walmart by us. They are 50% off and I buy them in bulk and freeze them. I heat the steel under the broiler and cook them on broil can't wait to try that with fresh pizza.

And for your leftover turkey viewing pleasure-My 12" country-style turkey pizza. Two with creamy garlic Parmesan/Romano cheese sauce, one with bbq sauce-both sauces made for pizza. Cut the shortening in my biscuit crust to 1/4C shortening, adding 1/4C extra virgin olive oil back in. Made the crust soft inside, crispier outside. 1/4 cut string cheese in crust.
Topped with leftover turkey, red, orange & yellow bell peppers, green onions & mushrooms. All that topped with motz/provolone shredded cheese. Baked @ 500F for about 16 minutes.

IMG_0240.jpg

Great flavor from the bbq sauce one. Less sweet than regular bottled bbq sauce, this one had a savory bite to it. The creamy garlic Parmesan/Romano ones lost the big garlic flavor & got smoother tasting? Rich flavors & filling.

Had people over and made 4 pies yesterday. Hectic and couldn't post, shot pics as best I could. Grilled eggplant. Poached egg, Canadian bacon. Broccolini etc. And the last one was sundried tomato, persimmon, mascarpone, hot honey, and half had pecan. Weird as hell, but my buddy brought the persimmons for a sour and wanted to try it on a pie...

I had a pizza the other day with poached egg and pancetta and it was the best. First time with the egg on a pizza but definitely not my last! Good looking pies!

Have made bread, but first attempt at pizza. I made up the dough and wife did toppings. Basil/tomate sauce, queso blanco, arugula (sp?).

Spread dough very thin, and pushed remainer up at edges to make "pizza bones".

Turned out delicious. :thumbup:

View attachment 1481223149753.jpg

Made a little scooby snack last night with smoked guyere, Smoked gouda, tomatos, and salchicha. Put it on pre-made naan bread we have with light brushing of olive oil as the sauce. I think I am starting to get the steel dialed in. I put it on broil on the highest Shelf. The one I can't cook on because it is too close to element. It preheats rapidly like this. It makes it like you have warmed the oven for an hour. Then you lower it one shelf and cook the pizza on broil. I learned the hard way that you need really good oven mitts.

View attachment 1481313324527.jpg

View attachment 1481313372013.jpg

For the love of all that's holy would someone please like one of these nonsensical half cocked statements. I'm stuck on 99 over here.

Back