The Home Made Pizza Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm making a couple sicilians for the homebrew club meeting tonite. Then I'm hosting the club fall picnic at my house on Oct 5.
Pizza, campfire, all day all nite event, feel free to pitch a tent. Anyone in the neighborhood here is welcome!

I mentioned earlier that I was going to whole wheat crusts as part of my need to get my lipids under control. I just got my numbers back. Trigs went from 405 to 220. Total cholesterol went from 239 to 150. LDL went from unreadable to 71! Not entirely due to changing how I make my pizza, but that was part of it. :D

Here are the pies I baked last night.

pizza 160.jpg

pizza 161.jpg

pizza 164.jpg

pizza 165.jpg

Made deep dish pizza last night. Unfortunately it looked better than it tasted. It wasn't bad, but it didn't stay together after cutting and I didn't use enough cheese even though it seemed like a ton. I also used shredded and I guess you really need to use slices.

hRrZNLc.jpg

I only got to look briefly at you build and will be going back, i have been on that forum before but honestly can't remember if i joined.
I think that i might have a issue trying to do that in my yard but i wish i could.
Awesome!

Melana said:
Not pizza but focaccia - does that count? It IS made with spent grain from my porter....
That looks awesome. I've never used spent grains for anything but chicken feed. Doesn't it make it a little rough and husky?

quick question for the experts here. I just bought these 2 different yeasts at the store and havent used either yet. any preference on which one is better?

Ive heard a lot of talk about keeping yeast cakes, can i do that with these packets? how do you go about making these bread yeast cultures? Does it matter how much you have to "pitch" when you do have a yeast cake. thanks for any information or input!

fleischmanns-pizza-crust-yeast12.png

IMG_5700.jpg

I've been using the same sourdough culture for at least the past 10 years, the only yeast i've bought has been for beer.

Can you point me in a direction on how to do this? Ive been searching google and cant come up with any good directions

I made a sourdough pizza the other night based on the Tartine Bread Book method. carmelized onion, apple and brie. yum.

Hey ChefRex, do you use AP or high gluten flour? I'm looking to make some sourdough pies this weekend.

Latest posts

Back