The Home Made Pizza Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody wanna buy my Airstream pizza kitchen?
Vintage 1967 Airstream "Safari"
36" Forno Bravo wood-fired pizza oven, Refrigerated prep table, bev cooler, 3-bay sink, hand-wash sink, hot water heater, overhead fluorescent lights, exaust fan, new heavy duty torsion axel, new tires.

oven 577.jpg

pizza 288.jpg

Very sad to see you parting with this.

I am not interested, but a friend of mine who sells trucks commercially had a customer wanting to have a custom truck with a pizza oven. I have forwarded this to his email.

Good luck

and in other news, last night made some pizza. was extremely hot in FL yesterday with over 80% R.H. to boot. I made my NY style dough with less only 60-61% hydration to try and compensate. Made 9 pies total. The last one was best, and just for me! Topping in order applied Calabrian Chile infused olive oil, pesto, anchovies, "creamy style" blue cheese sliced off a wedge in thin slabs, a few slices of super thin Italian Coppa, a few fresh red pepper chunks from the garden, and a whole habanero chile in the middle (for looks - I didn't dare eat it). The combo of the pesto/anchovy/blue cheese was amazing! Sorry no pics.

TD

DSC_0536.JPG

1 lbs bacon, 1 lbs organic hot italian sausage, 2 green peppers and a tomato from the garden, a "homemade" can of san marzano tomatoes, reduced in a pot and a bunch of fresh oregano and thyme from the garden with a pinch of salt, then topped with freshly grated whole milk mozzarella, more bacon, and black olives.

That is cool beyond words! Did you run it as a commercial venture?

Pay him no mind. Evets just likes to parade that out once in a while just to lay us all flat on our backs in any pizza discussion and properly assert his dominance......

Next will come pics of his backyard pizza oven.....hey wait a minute.......aren't you the nurse with the pizza oven build??????

This is looking MIGHTY suspicious all of a sudden.......

:(

Oh, I just you'd like to see my backyard pizza oven. I finally finished hanging the cast iron trim, which dates back to the civil war era. The icicle lights add a nice touch during those late evening pizza parties, *****.:ban:

20140728_093824.jpg

20140728_093858.jpg

20140728_093835.jpg

Pay him no mind. Evets just likes to parade that out once in a while just to lay us all flat on our backs in any pizza discussion and properly assert his dominance......

Next will come pics of his backyard pizza oven.....hey wait a minute.......aren't you the nurse with the pizza oven build??????

This is looking MIGHTY suspicious all of a sudden.......

:(

I have a hard enough time keeping up with the BS between Cape and myself. I don't need another straight man.

A cool and overcast day for August, fire up the oven! Tomato, jalapeno and onion. The peppers are smoking this year!

Damn man! Looks great! I was at the grocery earlier, this makes me regret not picking up some mozzarella and sauce!

A cool and overcast day for August, fire up the oven! Tomato, jalapeno and onion. The peppers are smoking this year!

Looks great! What's your dough recipe? I've tried a few but haven't found one that I'm 100% happy with yet.

Looks great! What's your dough recipe? I've tried a few but haven't found one that I'm 100% happy with yet.

That was the same sourdough 1,2,3, formula I gave you with some olive oil and a pinch of sugar, keep it on the wet side, a pain to shape as you can see but produced a nice crisp crust.

That was the same sourdough 1,2,3, formula I gave you with some olive oil and a pinch of sugar, keep it on the wet side, a pain to shape as you can see but produced a nice crisp crust.
What ever happened to the loafs you made? Never saw a baked picture.

What ever happened to the loafs you made? Never saw a baked picture.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I had never used baskets before do the first I didn't flour enough and it just kind of blobbed out. The round one tired out ok.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407043307.328559.jpg

I made another loaf yesterday that turned out much better. Is it normal for sourdough not to rise much during baking?

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I had never used baskets before do the first I didn't flour enough and it just kind of blobbed out. The round one tired out ok.

View attachment 215297

I made another loaf yesterday that turned out much better. Is it normal for sourdough not to rise much during baking?

I get plenty of spring, do you use any steam?

I get plenty of spring, do you use any steam?

I do. I have one more thing to try. While proofing, it sticks to the plastic wrap and when I peel it off, it deflates a little. I'll try to spray it with a little oil next time.

My recent favorite pizza sauce has been to buy the crushed san marzanos and put in a small pot over a medium-low heat for about an hour to reduce, added fresh thyme and oregano from the garden, a little bit of garlic, and a pinch of salt... perfection!

DSC_0621.JPG

DSC_0623.JPG

Then I added some freshly grated whole milk mozzarella, two jalepenos sliced thinly (from the garden), and black olive.
DSC_0628.JPG

[​IMG]

Then I topped it with 3/4 lbs of hot chorizo from the WF meat department, a ton of pepperoni, and more whole milk mozzarella.

DSC_0629.JPG

Then the bake.. grill @ 450 for 12 minutes.

DSC_0631.JPG

And the final product... yum....!

DSC_0633.JPG

Never liked them, probably never will.
I try them every now and again to make sure my initial assessment of a "foul, concentrated ball of nasty salt" is correct.
It always is.

You need to start slow. Begin in the shallow end. A place.where you are already comfortable.

Take an olive. Immerse in ice cold gin. Splash a small bit of the brine in with the olive and the gin. Slurp. Slurp. Slurp. Eat the olive. See. Isn't that better? You're welcome.

Can you do that with anything?

I like black olives plain. They dominate all the other flavors in pizza and salads so I prefer not to include them.

Latest posts

Back