The Great HBT Taco Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slowed cooked some carnitas for din

I love carnitas! I have a seemingless endless supply of pork, and the one cool day in South Texas this February I slow cooked the pork and made about 50 corn tortillas (only corn- not flour tortillas, EVER! :D)

Best breakfast tacos? Go!

I'm partial to migas myself. Chorizo, huevos, y frijoles is pretty great too. The wife likes bacon, scrambled egg, and cheese, because gringa.

Edit: ooohh and huevos rancheros

I like al pastor all the time, breakfast or no breakfast. It's the fruity combination of flavors that make it work. I'm not an eggs fan, so that is probably a huge part of it!

I'm partial to migas myself. Chorizo, huevos, y frijoles is pretty great too. The wife likes bacon, scrambled egg, and cheese, because gringa.

Personal favorite - Nopalitos y heuvos or papas con huevos. SWMBO loves chicharones y huevo.

OK I'm soft corn minimalist street taco snob. Can't stand those pre cooked crunchy shells in the grocery store. Believe flour tortilla makes it a fajita not a taco. Don't agree burrito = taco. No such thing as smothered taco - that is an enchilada fools.

But there is this one guilty pleasure that throws all that snobbery out the window. I loved these for at least 40 years:

o.jpg

shameful I know but there it is.

why so uppity about tortillas...flour is fine for enchiladas oh king of the mexican food.

It's really a disservice to the dish to use flour.

Corn is so much better for most any taco dish, including smothered taco roll ups.

We understand the PNW is taco ignorant, and we are here to educate and enlighten our fellow taco enthusiast. I understand the beauty and many forms that tacos can take on but let's keep flour tortillas were they belong out of enchiladas is all I'm asking.

Shredded chicken thighs, sauteed with crushed tomatoes and sweet peppers. Scrambled eggs, sour cream and homemade hot sauce.

Flour tortillas because I'm not biased. Corn and flour both have their place, IMO.

IMAG0073.jpg

Even the two for 2$ at Jack in the box?:D

Are you kidding me!? There are 5 awesome mexican restaurants within walking distance of my office and I still love those Jack in the Box Tacos. Now take your blasphemy somewhere else :D:mug::ban:

We don't have JITB in this part of the country but I have had those tacos and remember them being killer. Of course, ones state ( or altered state) of mind can affect the perception of killerness...

We don't have JITB in this part of the country but I have had those tacos and remember them being killer. Of course, ones state ( or altered state) of mind can affect the perception of killerness...

I'm never going to your party of the country.:eek: I'm joking, but also I. surprised.

Made migas last weekend, not all that pretty so didn't take a picture but plenty delicious:rockin:

Made migas last weekend, not all that pretty so didn't take a picture but plenty delicious:rockin:

Love migas and chiliqueles (sp?), not that there is a huge difference.

International even...walked by a huge (2 story) new Taco Bell in Guatemala City a few days ago...thats just wrong.

But... eventually Taco Bell will win the restaurant wars and emerge as the pre-eminent (and only) choice!

Tacos? For breakfast?

No, silly, it's new Kellog's Tac-O's. All that great Taco flavor, plus artificial flavors and high-fructose corn syrup! All part of a balanced breakfast.

LqoIsZb2_400x400.png

Back