The Great HBT Taco Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is National Taco Day...I know what's for dinner. I recently roasted a bunch of hatch peppers and they are sitting in the freezer just waiting to satisfy my buds.

Ct81qctWYAEYYae.jpg

Hm...since it's hunting season, has anyone made squirrel or rabbit tacos? Seems like it'd be good?

Ive made quail tacos. Pretty good, but not nearly enough meat on a quail to make it worth making the amount required for a taco feast

Duck confit taco's, crisp up the skin in a cast iron pan and yum! Salsa verde and chipotle hot sauce, white corn tortillas, queso Fresca and cilantro.

No tacos yesterday. Was very weird. Do not like not having tacos on Tuesday.

Then again, I had eggs and sausage in tortillas. Does that count as tacos?

I guess it does.

I had tacos for only one meal on Tuesday. Was not enough.

Is it Friday yet?

Spam and egg tacos with fresh green salsa for breakfast. No pic,

Getting drunk tonight and making tacos.

Though, I've been banished to the outdoor kitchen for making tacos... or as she calls them, making mace. Seems I get carried away with the red pepper and her respiratory system can't handle it.

Whoops.

Yes! It's been revived! I eat tacos at least once (3 times) a week. Always homemade. But I didn't want to be that guy that posts back to back to back to back to back tacos haha

Since we’ve established that nachos qualify as tacos, I believe chilaquiles should be granted the same bandwidth

If you’re not familiar with this dish, it’s basically breakfast nachos. Often served roja but at a Mexican buffet the verde platter always disappears first
IB3zO2u.jpg

I never knew this thread existed. We had chicken tacos and margaritas paired with christmas decorations :p Also went out the other day and tried "southwest spicy lobster tacos"... they were good, except it defeated the point of lobster because you couldn't even taste it. Guess I'll forever be a chicken taco guy.
tacos.png

Since we’ve established that nachos qualify as tacos, I believe chilaquiles should be granted the same bandwidth

If you’re not familiar with this dish, it’s basically breakfast nachos. Often served roja but at a Mexican buffet the verde platter always disappears first
IB3zO2u.jpg
Chilaquiles most definitely qualify for tacos. If nachos are lunch/dinner tacos on a plate then these are just breakfast tacos. Dang, now I want chilaquiles...

Back