The Great HBT Taco Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon guys. East coast. West coast. Tejas. Baja. Yucatan. Greece. Canadia. It doesn't matter where you're from, unless it's that last one. We are all united by tacos.

We are all One with tacos.

What Hunter said. The only kind of tacos not welcome in this thread are sand tacos.

I was gonna make tacos for lunch but the wife had lasagna ready.

Making lamb tacos tonight. Have a ton of leftover lamb from Easter. Tossing that in a corn tortilla with salsa and cheese. Taco Wednesday, it's a thing.

I guess the dancing banana emoji at the end wasnt enough to convey the joking tone in my post. I was just pointing out that grilled is NOT considered baja, while fried (yes, I read your original post and saw it there) is. Obviously there are all kinds of good food on the east coast. Im very aware of that. I just figured that in a light hearted thread about TACOS we could joke around a bit. Just having some fun. Dont take it so personally.

:ban:(Another dancing banana to show joking nature of post)

Now back to tacos

All apologies. Dealing with a troll elsewhere RN and I got a little froggy. I jumped when I shouldn't have.

:)

I love tacos. But I usually prefer the even better street food, the Torta. There's a hipsterish chef-run taco place in Falls Church that also makes good tacos (but not as good as Pico in Chincoteague, but it's 20 minutes away instead of 3.5 hours), but they make a Cubana Torta that will destroy your heart but mother of god it's delicious.

Moved here from Tucson about 14 months ago, haven't found good street tacos/tortas yet. Although, a coworker just clued me into a taco shop in a gas station here in MD, R&R Taqueria - menu says they've got lengua/cabeza...making a pilgrimage there next week.
http://www.rrtaqueria.com/

same day caught Pacific Rockfish, homemade salsa from homegrown veggies...

image_zpsr60fxmbf.jpg

You know, I take pictures of beer every damn day, but I feel weird taking pics of food.

We had chicken tacos tonight. Chicken in the crock pot with a can of RoTel, pulled and seared in the skillet. Good stuff.

You know, I take pictures of beer every damn day, but I feel weird taking pics of food.

We had chicken tacos tonight. Chicken in the crock pot with a can of RoTel, pulled and seared in the skillet. Good stuff.

You could put your beer next to the food and "accidentally" get the food in the photo with the beer :D

careful where you get your tilapia gentlemen. The farms in the third world countries are cesspools of disease and bacteria.

Meh. The stuff we use is from a reputable distributor and certfied by three different trade organizations. I'll take my chances.

Nice. I've had a hard time procuring healthy Tilapia. Although, I've discovered that I can just go to the beach and slam rockfish and lingcod for reasonable price per pound. Plus it's fun as hell.

I was only talking about the crappy farms in Thailand or wherever that feed them soy pellets and GMO corn.

Turkey tacos with extra GMO corn tortillas for dinner tonight. Might have to run to the grocery store for more Tapatio.

I really like ground turkey tacos. We switched to almost all ground turkey and very little ground beef about a year ago. Yummy

Did Yooper forget that this whole thread is off topic nonsense? ;)

Probably to busy swinging the ban hammer to notice. For breakfast I was forced to throw away a taco! Oh the shame!! How you can mess up combining bacon, cheese, and eggs is beyond me. I would have been better off using the tin foil it was wrapped in than the sorry excuse for a tortilla

Probably to busy swinging the ban hammer to notice. For breakfast I was forced to throw away a taco! Oh the shame!! How you can mess up combining bacon, cheese, and eggs is beyond me. I would have been better off using the tin foil it was wrapped in than the sorry excuse for a tortilla

It appears breakfast tacos are only a thing in TX. WTF?? Colorado has some excellent breakfast burritos, but sometimes you just need a taco or four.

Rick Bayless "Frontera" sauce packets are awesome, especially for the less-than-street-food tacos.

Made a "taco salad" for dinner tonight with one (ie ground beef with said sauce pack, the "texas taco skillet" one, plus various veggies).

Rick Bayless "Frontera" sauce packets are awesome, especially for the less-than-street-food tacos.

Made a "taco salad" for dinner tonight with one (ie ground beef with said sauce pack, the "texas taco skillet" one, plus various veggies).

Which one did you have? I had one that was meh, but I don't remember which flavor.

Which one did you have? I had one that was meh, but I don't remember which flavor.

5233ea90ceb38d210616d75faec4f50d.jpg

This one tonight. But we've used several and they've all been good.

Of course, we normally go with cilantro and lime juice and that's about it, or my wife will make something herself, but in this application the premixed packet worked wonders.

5233ea90ceb38d210616d75faec4f50d.jpg

This one tonight. But we've used several and they've all been good.

Of course, we normally go with cilantro and lime juice and that's about it, or my wife will make something herself, but in this application the premixed packet worked wonders.

Thanks. We'll pick that one up and try it.

It appears breakfast tacos are only a thing in TX. WTF?? Colorado has some excellent breakfast burritos, but sometimes you just need a taco or four.

Hmm that's interesting. I always assumed breakfast tacos existed everywhere south of the mason Dixon line and from the red wood forest to the gulf shores. Good to know.

Hmm that's interesting. I always assumed breakfast tacos existed everywhere south of the mason Dixon line and from the red wood forest to the gulf shores. Good to know.

My favorite breakfast spot here (shoutout to pipes cafe) makes some crazy good breakfast tacos. Bacon and eggs in a corn tortilla?? All day!!!!

...sometimes you just need a taco or four.

I woke up in a pretty foul mood this morning, but this bit gave me hope for the future.

Growing up in East TX, breakfast tacos could be found if you looked hard enough, but weren't exactly common. Then I moved the central TX, and it seems like damn near every restaurant sells them. Even non-mexican food places, like BBQ joints and diners. If you're open for breakfast around here, you sell tacos.

I woke up in a pretty foul mood this morning, but this bit gave me hope for the future.

Growing up in East TX, breakfast tacos could be found if you looked hard enough, but weren't exactly common. Then I moved the central TX, and it seems like damn near every restaurant sells them. Even non-mexican food places, like BBQ joints and diners. If you're open for breakfast around here, you sell tacos.

Yep TX is a great place to be for all that is taco. Grew up in south tx then move to SE tx. Very rare to encounter a bad taco. In fact enjoyed two bacon,bean,papas,and cheese on homemade tortillas tacos this morning that came from a gas station restaurant.

Best breakfast tacos? Go!

I'm partial to migas myself. Chorizo, huevos, y frijoles is pretty great too. The wife likes bacon, scrambled egg, and cheese, because gringa.

Edit: ooohh and huevos rancheros

Back