The Firehouse Brewing Company, San Diego

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiking44

Reaction score
Got here yesterday on business...saw their beer in a convenience store and decided to give their Hefeweizen a try.

Worst. Ever.

Seriously, I've made better with extract and specialty grains. I can't even describe the taste...it almost has a bock mouthfeel. Not sure what yeast they are using but it's a no-go.

Anyone try this stuff? I leave in two days and I'll probably be leaving most of it to the housecleaning crew.

I love trying new brews when I travel...but this stuff is gnarly.

Firehouse has a branch up in San Jose as well that I frequent periodically. Agreed on their Hef; it's one of their most popular beers, but I've always detested it. That said, they make a very nice seasonal stout (and a one-off release imperial stout that was absolutely fantastic) and periodically have a decent IPA.

Definitely not one of the better breweries in CA, though. Sorry to see that's the stuff that actually ends up on the shelf!

Back