The "Dear" , "Sincerely" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear aging metabolism,

We had a deal, dammit. I would walk a zillion miles on our vacation, and you would bounce into overdrive and lose us just a few pounds. Yes, we ate a LOT of good food (and quaffed a few or more pints) during our stay, but the walking was supposed to nullify that; not GAIN six pounds. Now get with the program!

Sincerely, was NOT expecting the scale to tell me that when I got home, to the point I might have to start using that damned gym membership the husband bought a couple months ago.

Dear seatazzz,

Your older and wiser, not a younger gymnist..i try and convice people to use their heads, excercise is a gimick because the big food companys don't want you to cut into their bank account...be smarter, the USDA has a free food db, basiclly everything in everything, except proccessed food, and some third party utilities makes sense of it and do the number crunching with that compared to the RDA's...all it took me was 6-7 months to start beating up grocery store ass! lost 90lbs 13 years ago, kept it off, and i did do one damn thing i have to physically!

Sincerely, Bracc...

(a guy that knows i burn 2820 calories sitting on my ass drinking all day, and a woman only burns ~1800! 😇 😜

but i also know you can meet all you're nutritional needs for 1400, a beer is around 160 or so...still got some drinking room in you!)

Dear @bracconiere,

Never was a gymnast, but until about 10 years ago managed to keep it about 130-140 (I'm 5'2") for the most part. That was when I was working two jobs, one as a bartender on my feet for 6-8 hours running my butt off. Since I've been working at one job where I sit all day, metabolism has decided to pretty much say eff off. Brewing my own tasty beer hasn't helped either. Husband doesn't mind, and I really don't care what other people think of my rather round physique; but the lower backache from just walking a quarter mile is starting to pall. Blood pressure ain't great either. Gotta get some motivation...

Sincerely, tired of being fat.

Dear seatazz,

Do you know how to balance a check book, and do it?

Sincerly, someone that knows how to make food the exact same proccess....

1660958232178.png

keeping the bills paid for the most part, staying in budget...i was 177 in 2019, still am...the 2850 is because i've been getting out and working...burns some extra calories...just sayin' it ain't that hard!

Dear seatazz,

Do you know how to balance a check book, and do it?

Sincerly, someone that knows how to make food the exact same proccess....

View attachment 778210

keeping the bills paid for the most part, staying in budget...i was 177 in 2019, still am...the 2850 is because i've been getting out and working...burns some extra calories...just sayin' it ain't that hard!
Dear @bracconiere,

Too many numbers. Where's the magic pill that will make me drop 30lbs in a month???

Sincerely, too lazy to exercise or count calories which is why I am fat.

Dear Amazon,

Thank you for having that nifty little app that lets me turn off and log out my (currently lost on an airplane somewhere) Fire tablet.

Sincerely, worried to death someone will get my info.

And...

Dear Husband,

Yes, I have said some slightly unkind things about you on this forum. But you are my life, my love, my best friend, and my enabler. Thank you for letting me order another tablet so I can have my books, my youtube, and my sanity. I don't care how many bowling balls/golf clubs you have because that's your happiness. Love you long time.

Sincerely, grateful wife who is also kicking herself emphatically for leaving tablet on airplane.

Dear Me,

Yes, we have decided to start sewing again after a long hiatus because reasons. Yes, we have enough fabric/patterns to keep us busy all day tomorrow. Yes, we have a new serger/overlock machine that makes stuff go really fast. But the pipeline is getting low, and you WILL be kicking yourself in a week or two when you have nothing new to put on tap when your kegs kick. Just brew tomorrow, you'll have time to sew later.

Sincerely, also me who jumps into projects with all four feet and forgets the other important stuff that needs to be done around here.

Dear Me,

Yes, we have decided to start sewing again after a long hiatus because reasons. Yes, we have enough fabric/patterns to keep us busy all day tomorrow. Yes, we have a new serger/overlock machine that makes stuff go really fast. But the pipeline is getting low, and you WILL be kicking yourself in a week or two when you have nothing new to put on tap when your kegs kick. Just brew tomorrow, you'll have time to sew later.

Sincerely, also me who jumps into projects with all four feet and forgets the other important stuff that needs to be done around here.
Girl, whatever you do, don't start tieing flies.

Dear Confused one,

You're not alone. But perhaps I can clear up part of this.

Bracc stated that he hates telepaths. That reminded me of the plot for Star Trek Voyager episode Counterpoint, where in the cold open an antagonist type dude plays a recording that I believe is supposed to be the same as the YouTube video I shared (it's the 2nd movement, I guess?) to get the crew to relax.

As for most of the stuff bracc said, I don't understand much of what he writes even before 11pm central time. Just remember that he's in WitSec and that helps a little.

Sincerely,
Also confused.

Dear Job I love,

Thank you for not judging me this morning when I kinda fibbed (did hit the snooze a few more times than usual) that I overslept so I have to work from home.

Sincerely, already one shirt cut out and plans for a couple more today because I'm in the sewing zone.

Really OT, but did anyone else see the little fly emoji that @grampamark used and try to swat the screen?

*raises hand very embarrassed*
Have to find the one that actually made me swat the screen. Ah, @passedpawn here.
Literally. I smacked the screen. More than once. Yes, yes; beer was involved.

It was followed by "you owe me a new monitor"

Truly a CTN moment.

*Coffee Through Nose
or beer

Dear Job I love,

Thank you for not judging me this morning when I kinda fibbed (did hit the snooze a few more times than usual) that I overslept so I have to work from home.

Sincerely, already one shirt cut out and plans for a couple more today because I'm in the sewing zone.
Do you sell shirts? I'm addicted to casual button-downs and I've always wanted one that wasn't mass-produced. I like fun patterns too.

Do you sell shirts? I'm addicted to casual button-downs and I've always wanted one that wasn't mass-produced. I like fun patterns too.

Dear everyone,

Jayjay wants fancy Hawaiian shirts made by small shops. If you have his address, please send him one.

Sincerely,
Some dude on the internet who occasionally interacts with Jayjay

Back