The Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit! Just missed on the ones just posted!

Whoever you are that stole those bottles out of my cart, I'm coming for you....

And more.... got 4 of each!!! Anyone who missed out, looks like you should keep trying. Big thanks to DougOLis for the heads up :D

Last edited:
The 2014 Cellar Reserve will run similar to the 2013 Cellar Reserve with a few exceptions that include a price increase to $350 (+tax). Below is an outline of what will be included next year:

Cellar Reserve 2014
- 2014 Membership Card
- (2) Cellar Reserve exclusive stemware glasses
- (1) Long-sleeve Cellar Reserve Member’s shirt*
- (1) Cellar Reserve Member’s Tin Tacker*
- Access to purchase specialty bottle releases at 15% discount (subject to allocation limits)
- First right of refusal for 2015 Cellar Reserve membership
- 15% discount on all taproom purchases @ The Source
- Future planned Cellar Reserve member events (additional charges apply)
*There will be an option to purchase additional shirts and tin tackers in the near future

The 2014 membership will also include (10) different Barrel-Aged sour beers (each bottle release includes (2) 375 ml bottles per release, with additional purchases available if the yield permits) to be released throughout the year. Cellar Reserve beers bottled for 2014 will ONLY be sold through this program and will not be available in our taproom or at retail (except for the odd keg/case or two for special events). Below is a list of the anticipated beers for 2014. Please understand that some releases are still “To Be Determined” as making sour beer is an art and our creativity is ever changing, just like the seasons and seasonally available fruit and spices.

- (2x, 375ml) Raspberry Origins*
- (2x, 375ml) Cherry Bretta*
- (2x, 375ml) Dark Origins - Fruit Sour*
- (2x, 375ml) Petite Sour – Blueberry*
- (2x, 375ml) Passion Fruit L’Brett d’Or*
- (2x, 375ml) Dry-Hopped L’Brett d’Or*
- (2x, 375ml) Apricot L’Brett d’Or*
- (2x, 375ml) Nightmare on Brett – Port/Sherry Barrel*
- (2x, 375ml) TBD Specialty*
- (2x, 375ml) TBD Specialty*
*Denotes beer is a Cellar Reserve exclusive

As well as receiving the above listed beers and merchandise, additional beers will be made available to Cellar Reserve Members throughout the year.

Wonder if there is a special beer for the people who renew like there was this year?

If there is I hope it isn't a mistake beer like this years.

If I didn't live here so I could take advantage of the 15% off at the tap room i would have to think about this one. I don't care about a tshirt and glasses plus I'll throw away the tin tacker. At $378 for 20 beers plus shipping this is getting to $20+ per 375ml.

If there is I hope it isn't a mistake beer like this years.

If I didn't live here so I could take advantage of the 15% off at the tap room i would have to think about this one. I don't care about a tshirt and glasses plus I'll throw away the tin tacker. At $378 for 20 beers plus shipping this is getting to $20+ per 375ml.
If it helps it's a long sleeve shirt ;)

$50 price increase and tax? **** this. I'm out. I hope one of you gets my membership.

Psyche.gif

Even at this pricepoint I think this is worth it. Will bang again/10. They are certainly pushing it though....thankfully the beer is good enough I can justify it.

When are new sign ups. I NEED this in my life.
But then what the **** will I send you? You win more Upland than me, you are Bruery and now Crooked Stave?

You expect me to actually ****ing leave the house, don't you?

But then what the **** will I send you? You win more Upland than me, you are Bruery and now Crooked Stave?

You expect me to actually ****ing leave the house, don't you?

We can just order each other random surprise boxes from Belgian retailers and have them shipped to each other's house.

Did they miss a line for Persica?
I don't think so, I think they're hoping the Apricot replaces our need for those kinds of fruits. I think that their lead times with Persica are screwed up given the early 2013 batch not being up to par and Chad making two different blends. Besides the price raise (and tax inclusion,) the lack of Persica was by far the biggest disappointment.

Did the price of glassware go up at The Source also? The glasses were $5 at the old taproom. Thought I saw a post where someone said they were $10 now. Didn't check the last time I was in there.

Crazy how much this has blown up in the last year, after memberships sat for so long. So glad I got in when I did. Even with the price hike I'm in for next year.

Also, hope they have those mini-snifters available next month at the party. Definitely want to pick one up!

I wouldn't be surprised to see some out of state members drop. The increase in membership and likely bottle cost will really hurt when you start adding about $2 per bottle in shipping.

This is purely speculation, but the increase in production we've seen over the past year could also translate into new member opportunities.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some out of state members drop. The increase in membership and likely bottle cost will really hurt when you start adding about $2 per bottle in shipping.

This is purely speculation, but the increase in production we've seen over the past year could also translate into new member opportunities.

I would agree with this. I have been a member since the beginning but with the price increase the decision is less automatic than it has been in the past.

I also agree, but this out-of-stater is still in. I might not be maxing out on every bottle that comes out (like I did this year), but I would rather buy them than try and trade for them. Hooking up my badass trustee with HF along the way...he's too good to me.

Back