the confession thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to with the bud light, but I figured that would be out of line. Drinking bud light out of a hydrometer tube = ok; taking a hydrometer reading of budlight = FAIL!.

p.s. what was the FG of PBR? 1.000?

I ended up getting 1.010 which surprised me, but I was a little :drunk: so maybe that had an effect on things.. But as Death says you can't take a hydrometer reading from carbonated beer.

Now I really feel stupid. Trying to take an F.G. reading from PBR= sad Not knowing that will fail= more sad. O' well you can't win them all can you

I ended up getting 1.010 which surprised me, but I was a little :drunk: so maybe that had an effect on things.. But as Death says you can't take a hydrometer reading from carbonated beer.

Now I really feel stupid. Trying to take an F.G. reading from PBR= sad Not knowing that will fail= more sad. O' well you can't win them all can you

take a refractometer reading, and correct it; maybe that will help?:drunk:

well, here's the data:

Budlight -- hydro reading = 1.012 refracto reading = 3.9 brix

p.s. please don't kick me out of HBT! I won a bronze for an American brown ale!

p.s.s. am I the only one that's taken a refracto reading of budlight? :drunk:

I have an affair going with Stroh's.
EDIT-> What no Stroh's Fans!!

Back in college we used to have a "bad movie night" where everyone would bring a sixer or twelve pack of the cheapest beer they could find that no one had tried yet. Of all those beers, I think Stroh's was probably my favorite.

i drank 9 litres of sout after only being in primary fermention for 8 days and it was lovly didnt even get chance to carbonate had been in bottles for about 3 hours good job there is some left. got me slaughtered too haha

i kegged up a keg of half pbr, half pbr light. i am enjoying it thoroughly :drunk:. i'm sorry baby jesus.

excuse me while i go pour another tall one.

i confess that i didn't know that they made a pbr light.

i also confess that all my bottles are empty and i've been needing to bottle some more for the past week. :(

My goto beer if I don't have craft within reach is PBR, or Coors light as an alternative.

I refuse to support A-B

Back