The Big Three should die

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is probably spam too .

Nope!

When your busting knuckles on a piece of equipment in 90 degree heat...Sometimes nothing else will do.

DSCF9336.jpg

DSCF9333.jpg

Ditto...did so a few times already with the latest one. As for the Big Three, well, they should embrace change rather than trying to do like Winchester did with the Spencer Carbine in the 19th century...

Ditto...did so a few times already with the latest one. As for the Big Three, well, they should embrace change rather than trying to do like Winchester did with the Spencer Carbine in the 19th century...

Not sure what you mean here...Winchester went decades backwards with the move back to a single shot trap door when it ditched the Spencer. Custer might have still been standing had they not.

Well, they did buy out spencer & shelve them. The spencer had a tubular magazine as well, but inside the buttstock. That was the drawback to me. My point was, they bought them out to get rid of competition. Either way, Custer was so grossly out-numbered, nothing would've made a difference, given the circumstances. Seems like history trying to repeat itself?

I would love nothing more than seeing BMC to become a part of the past. Those old hunting dogs need put down. In a next to inhumane way...

Why do I keep seeing this same post over and over from different new users???

Does anyone remember A Budweiser Malt Liquor in the early '70s? One of the best commercial beers I have ever tasted. I got in a 'discussion' with a fellow worker in the mid '80s over the existence of this beer, and called A.B. to have it verified. (An win money.) They acknowledged the short-lived existence, but gave me a really lame reason for not continuing to produce it: "We ran out of aluminum for the cans.":confused::confused::confused: I asked the fellow I was speaking to if he really expected me to believe that. He said "Yes". I told him to lower his expectations. Anyway, I know that in many circles, Budweiser is a dirty word. I find Bud to be among the best domestic "non-craft" beers. I wish they still made the "Malt Liquor". It was good stuff.Paul

Cool story thanks for sharing..cant say as I remember that beer but I was barely in high school then so had little beer isle cruising experience at that time.

I liked that scene! Particularly since my older brother was going into the Marines in '71 or '72 when I was in junior high! But I was of age, having failed once from being too much the redneck & being born in the spring (late in the school year). There was some kind of buddy system or other in place in those days. I also missed the last draft by 3 digits!...

and the gold medal for "Most `off topic` thread goes to...."

OH I have way more Bush/Budweiser in action pictures if you want them..:D

We can make this sort of like the Flat Stanly game....Where has your Bush been..:p

Of course you do all realize that if the big 3 disappeared that one or more, now medium sized, breweries would grow to fill the void. Then they would be the big ones.

Of course you do all realize that if the big 3 disappeared that one or more, now medium sized, breweries would grow to fill the void. Then they would be the big ones.

Kinda like how BA keeps changing the definition of craft so that Sam Adams and others retain "craft" status?

Don't be silly..why deny anyone the beer you like? If you don't like it, don't drink it.

has nothing to do with the beer, it's about the SOCIAL INJUSTICE of it all

oppressive overlords profiteering off the backs of the great downtrodden masses

evil corporations not spending every last ¢ of their revenue here in the states

sic semper tyrannus! occupy the 1%!

ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!

has nothing to do with the beer, it's about the SOCIAL INJUSTICE of it all

oppressive overlords profiteering off the backs of the great downtrodden masses

evil corporations not spending every last ¢ of their revenue here in the states

sic semper tyrannus! occupy the 1%!

ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!

You can't be serious...... Are you?
If you look at a large percentage of the world population, "oppressive overlords profiteering off the backs of the great downtrodden masses" is a genuine concern of social injustice however I've never read of beer companies as the root cause.
Relax, and consider yourself fortunate to pick something else of the shelf.

J/S...... sarcasm does not convey well in text.
It's also obvious that SEndorf has never seen Attica.

Guilty as Charged... :(

This thread has gone so far sideways. After I posted, I remembered seeing some of GrogNerds other excellent posts. It just didn't make any sense..
Sorry...Carry on..... :mug:

sorry I did not make it more obvious I was mocking OP

other than the other 20 posts I've made in this thread

;) forgot to include my sarcasm smiley

Guilty as Charged... :(

This thread has gone so far sideways. After I posted, I remembered seeing some of GrogNerds other excellent posts. It just didn't make any sense..
Sorry...Carry on..... :mug:

It's ok, even after seeing his other posts it still doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back