The Big Three should die

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, irony again!

No, to me this isn't a win/lose thing. It was a discussion about beliefs on the effects that the big companies have on craft brewing, not a contest.

And I'm not really hiding behind my keyboard, not even sure what you mean by that. I am making no threats or anything like that sooooo, yeah. That's a very odd accusation. I mean, it's a forum where we all type, what is my other option, to embed my opinions in audio on this page?

and there's nothing comparative about the comprehension skills you lack. Again that is a very confusing statement by you. It's simple comprehension. You literally argued against words that were not written. If someone confuses on of the "Wh" words in a sentence that is literally a comprehension problem. What=the thing. The way=the method. For future reference when=time, where=place, who=person.

Heres some of your finer points quoted for you....please find a way to make a point without being insulting.....

"please find someone to help you with your comprehension problems before you try to debate the next person. It's kinda annoying otherwise (but also kinda funny) thanks kiddo]

Haha, well clearly you don't understand what's clearly written. I mean you did just argue against yourself, use words that you obviously don't know the meaning to (Maybe you should just sit this one out, it might be a bit much for you[/

Oh, and sorry for using McDonalds as another example just then, I know that examples, analogies, etc... can be confusing ;)

[/No offense but honestly that post just sounds like you are trying to sound smart.

Are you kidding, or just drunk?So please expand (or just say FU again and run away

Look above your head, that's where all my points are flying by

[/Don't act tough then back down, it makes you look cowardly. Own up to your statements like a man, don't cower like a child. And it's you who did the insulting so play your stupid word games and try to absolve yourself

That's why I suggested you learn to control your emotions and act civil because some of us want an adult conversation

And yeah, I know that's how you feel, like a child yelling out with pure emotion against people who disagree with you,

Seriously, educate yourself, learn to talk like an adult instead of just throwing profanities at people who dare disagree with you, and then you can come back and join the rest of the adults in this conversation.[/"

Notice that all of those were in response to someone being insulting towards me.

So if it offended you I apologize but I would also ask you to be consistent and ask the others not to be insulting as well.

heres an example of how this looks to me...

person A: You are wrong, F*** people like you.
Me: Don't be a jerk and just say FU to people you don't like. You're acting like a child.
You: Why do you have to insult person A and call him a child and a jerk? Please don't be insulting.

or...

Me: Here's an example.. (example given)
Person B: Your example is stupid and makes no sense. you are not very bright.
Me: (sarcastic remark back to the insult)
You: Why are you acting childish and insulting? Please don't be insulting.

see what I'm getting at here? Don't blame me for punching back please. I will defend myself and my words. Sorry if that bothers you, but it's a pet peeve of mine.

It's important that we support these large conglomerates that bring organization and equality to the world.

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/fascinating-graphic-shows-who-owns-all-the-major-brands-1599537576

We do, lest we fall into chaos and the lower classes regain a chance to retain some wealth.

ILikeCoke.jpg

I don't understand who is paying $15 for a six pack of BP beers, esp when there are so many other options. It blows my mind.

I do like their beer. Yep, $15.00 for a sixer is damn steep.

Relating to the thread, I just am dumbfounded at the size of these large companies and I worry at the amount of money pumped into them and what their alternative agendas, which aren't advertised, are.

secret corporate agendas!

Illuminati! Knights Templar! Freemasons!

OPEC! EU! Enron! E Corp! Mordor! TOYNBEE!

The moon landings were staged!

9/11 was an INSIDE JOB! LOOSE CHANGE! WTC 7!

LBJ, the CIA, USSR, Mafia, Cuba and Captain Kangaroo all conspired to assassinate JFK!

Signs_foil_hat-thumb-550x373-17996.jpg

secret corporate agendas!

Illuminati! Knights Templar! Freemasons!

OPEC! EU! Enron! E Corp! Mordor! TOYNBEE!

The moon landings were staged!

9/11 was an INSIDE JOB! LOOSE CHANGE! WTC 7!

LBJ, the CIA, USSR, Mafia, Cuba and Captain Kangaroo all conspired to assassinate JFK!

View attachment 368421

Ummmm... no. Sorry, no one said anything about a secret corporate agenda. The agenda's are pretty out in the open, make money and crush the competition.

I'm not sure your point here. Are you disputing the facts that large corporations own all those companies? I know you are trying to discredit people who don't agree with by calling them all crazy conspiracists, but (and sorry, I know you get a little sensitive about me saying this) that seems a bit childish. Either engage like an adult or leave the adults alone so they can talk. Thank you.

Didn't see that part, however that hardly seems on the same line as your mocking. But whatever, you choose not to be inquisitive or to actually debate so I guess this is pointless anyways.

Just don't expect people to take you or your point of view seriously if that's all you do. Actually if that's all you do the why are you even here? Are you just trolling? There's better places to do that you know

I missed less than half a dozen words, get over it.
And I do know who is posting, not sure what you're getting at there.
And I never accused BMC of that, try again.

And I was asking you if you are trolling, if you are not then that's great, I'd love to have an adult conversation with you about this topic without you just lowering yourself to simple mockery. Let's start here; do you think that the big companies want more competition or less competition? What is in their interests?

Whats that saying "A rising tide floats all boats"

I'm pretty sure without the infrastructure that these large brewing conglomerates created it would be way more difficult for a micro brewery to start up. They established, on a world scale, every thing from grains and hops production to space on shelves in the grocery.

As far as their ethics, who cares. Its not like they're South African diamond miners or (heaven forbid) Monsanto. I'm pretty sure the microbrewery "movement" will survive if not be better off due to the (made up) conflict with the largest brewery companies.

Yeah, except sayings don't really always work for every situation. Walmarts existence doesn't really help out small businesses for example.

True they did help build up production but it's hard to talk about hypotheticals. Without the big guys people would still want beer, so who's to say that wouldn't have happened anyways? There's plenty of grapes without the domination of a few select wineries. And they didn't really create space on shelves, they took up space that people created through demand.

I care about their ethics. I don't like supporting things which I am against, do you? I know the microbrewery movement (not sure why the quotes) will survive in spite of the big breweries, but that doesn't mean I want to support the people who are vocally against craft beer.

Oh, and it's not a made up conflict. Why do you think it is? Big corporations taking down the little guy is very real and has been for a long time. Heck, part of the reason our country exists is because of resistance to that sort of thing. The Boston Tea Party was a revolt against a big company using its power and influence to try to take down the little guy.

Oh, and it's not a made up conflict. Why do you think it is? Big corporations taking down the little guy is very real and has been for a long time.

Thank you, I was wondering when someone was going to point out that Ballast Point, et al who have been bought out, have been put out of business and no new micro breweries are starting up anywhere!!

Sorry, I see you are busy building a straw man to argue against. I don't even know what to say to such an exaggeration, nowhere did I come close to saying that, actually if you re-read my posts here I literally said the exact opposite of that.

Please try to have an honest discussion against what I've actually said, not your exaggerations and fallacies.

Thank you, I was wondering when someone was going to point out that Ballast Point, et al who have been bought out, have been put out of business and no new micro breweries are starting up anywhere!!

Ballast Point was bought, not put out of business. Big difference.
And you fail to mention the price tag of an unprecedented 1 billion for it. So much for crying about the little guy.
No new breweries starting up anywhere? Where would that be?

Ballast Point was bought, not put out of business. Big difference.
And you fail to mention the price tag of an unprecedented 1 billion for it. So much for crying about the little guy.
No new breweries starting up anywhere? Where would that be?

/sarcasm

Haha, seriously SEndorf... seriously man. I mean, come on. You really gotta work on that.

But in all fairness that was pretty well his sarcasm, tough to tell if he was serious or not.

just to let you know, I'm being sarcastic there ;)

The Boston Tea Party was a revolt against a big company using its power and influence to try to take down the little guy.

This is false unless you consider the British Monarchy "a big company"
and the American Colonist the "little guy"

England aquired a large war debt from one of their wars with France.
In hopes of paying off this debt the Crown wanted to shift the burden of it to it's Colonists in America and did so by implementing the "stamp act" sometime in the 1760`s if i remember right. Anyways this led to tea being taxed heavily. In responce the Colonists refused to buy the tea, The government decided to pass a law making the tea taxable even if not purchased meaning if it was in the boats on the harbor they could tax {taxation is theft} the American Colonists. So in reply to this the Boston tea party happened making said tea no longer "on the boats"/taxable.

Sorry if it's off topic.

IMHO...just like the big 3, this thread should die.

And so it was that in the end all were educated, and they were well contented and satisfied upon coming to agreement about that which they were previously ignorant of, and opposed to. And grace rained down from the heavens to touch upon each of their heads, and they used this newfound knowledge to better their own lives. And so it was that contentment grew also among their children, and their children's children unto the end of the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back