The Best World Map!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 4295

Reaction score
Seems about right, don't you think, LOL!

world.jpg

Some maps show that green uninhabited area as the 52nd state.

Africa? Isn't that in georgia?

Oh wait, I'm Canadian, I actually know where africa is. ;)

:D

Please don't beat me up or invade us cause I said that... :eek:

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
Some maps show that green uninhabited area as the 52nd state.

Africa? Isn't that in georgia?

Oh wait, I'm Canadian, I actually know where africa is. ;)

:D

Please don't beat me up or invade us cause I said that... :eek:

I've always heard of it as the 51st state since we only have 50 right now last I checked, lol.

Shhhhhh!! If they don't know where we are, they can't invade us for our resources!

mounties, hockey sticks and canoes?

;)

Unfortunatly that sounds about right. I dont know how many times when doing tech support (Which is what i do) I will say I am in Canada, the response is. Canada? what state is that?

Went to Africa in January, not 1 single person even knew the country that I visited even existed...And then most people didn't know that the entire continent isn't a big jungle, so when they saw a desert they thought I was in saudi arabia.

I think the map gives too much credit to the average mericans concept of the location and relative sizes of those other areas. :D

But I do have to say that they do know about African. Its where all those images of starving refuges come from. :(

Other than that the idea portrayed by this map is too true :( much as I hate to say it.

Craig

knarfks said:
Went to Africa in January, not 1 single person even knew the country that I visited even existed...And then most people didn't know that the entire continent isn't a big jungle, so when they saw a desert they thought I was in saudi arabia.
Well thats not surprising. Isn't Kansas that area the map makers created to fill in for projecting a round surface on a flat map? :D Or maybe thay was Wyoming?

Just kidding.

Craig

Yes and the French didn't help you become independant in the first place.

he he... I knew someone would be offended. Nobody can take a joke about where they live! BTW - perhaps they did help us become independent, but I wonder if that was because they just wanted to help us, or where there other reasons? (I already know the answer) At any rate, as long as we are discussing favors, I recall two occasions within the past century, where we have paid them back for their help.

Still waiting for the crude American jokes to start popping up here.

I'm sure Miss South Carolina did all her prep work for the swimsuit portion of the pageant. Left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot.

One more thing. IBTL

Suggestions:
1. to dismiss the geography teacher
2. to pass some days navigating in Google Earth
3. to use some long vacations to understand the size of the world

Particularly I believe that to 3 it is more interesting, but to arrange another geography teacher can prevent new maps...

sAvAgE said:
Unfortunatly that sounds about right. I dont know how many times when doing tech support (Which is what i do) I will say I am in Canada, the response is. Canada? what state is that?
I thought we shipped all that to India........ What language do you speak?:mug:

Back