That One Special Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
First off, I am willing to help any noob, share most any technique or adjunct I have develpoped, and the sharing of recipes, ideas, etc. here is fantastic..........BUT

Does anyone else (NON PROFESSIONAL, IE; doesn't sell their beer, etc) have that one recipe that they pray will help them make it pro?

That one different idea that they keep to themselves, guarding it like the 11 herbs and spices BS?

I am almost sorry to say that...................I DO!!!!!!;)

Lol, good guess, but No.

I made a great Habanero ale, but it was a 1 time deal.;)

nice guess though.

Its not the recipe that makes a brewer. If you notice, most of the seasoned brewers post all of their tried and true, and even award winning recipes in our database. Even Jamil, who has won countless homebrewing awards has shared a ton of recipes (and written a recipe book). IMO, its useless for homebrewers to hold out on recipes/ingredients in hopes that their idea will "make them go pro". Its just not as simple as that.

Its not the recipe that makes a brewer. If you notice, most of the seasoned brewers post all of their tried and true, and even award winning recipes in our database. Even Jamil, who has won countless homebrewing awards has shared a ton of recipes (and written a recipe book). IMO, its useless for homebrewers to hold out on recipes/ingredients in hopes that their idea will "make them go pro". Its just not as simple as that.

Agreed. I guess I have hit upon a winning combination that I have NEVER seen in any recipe.

Forget I asked.;)

You will hear about it when I go pro.

There is more to a good beer than the proportions of malt, the types and times of hop additions, and the type of yeast. Most pros know this long before they go pro.

Edit - Let me clarify. Your highly prized recipe makes a good beer with your water, your equipment and your process. If you were to give that to say Jamil, he would make a different beer. I share my recipes to anone that asks. THis allows for more feedback, which to me is more valuable than protecting a recipe.

DAMMIT...LOL.

IT is more of an unusual adjunct and a good recipe.

I WILL share the recipe minus the adjunct.

It is seasonal, and would probably sound catchy. It is not my brewing prowess, but my imagination that deserves credit. Enough said.;)

It is not my brewing prowess, but my imagination that deserves credit. Enough said.;)

Whatever it is that you have thrown into your beer has probably already been done by a number of home brewers. Seriously. I saw a recipe one time that had chicken in it, for christ' sake!

First off, I am willing to help any noob, share most any technique or adjunct I have develpoped, and the sharing of recipes, ideas, etc. here is fantastic..........BUT

Does anyone else (NON PROFESSIONAL, IE; doesn't sell their beer, etc) have that one recipe that they pray will help them make it pro?

That one different idea that they keep to themselves, guarding it like the 11 herbs and spices BS?

I am almost sorry to say that...................I DO!!!!!!;)

Recipes are a dime a dozen. There aren't any real secrets. What you need to go pro is lots of money and a good business plan. :mug:

Well, I hope to prove you all wrong.

I will give no clues, but it something that I have never seen, despite many searches.

And yes, I have seen the bacon beer, the oyster beer, and now chicken.

It is something that actually would sound good to most anyone. Not some freakish novelty beer.

It is something that actually would sound good to most anyone. Not some freakish novelty beer.

Well... then that's all the more reason to believe that it has certainly been done before.

Don't get me wrong. I wish you the best of luck going pro. That would be awesome. I think the general sentiment here is that you might have cross the line between being proud and being arrogant.

Well... then that's all the more reason to believe that it has certainly been done before.

Don't get me wrong. I wish you the best of luck going pro. That would be awesome. I think the general sentiment here is that you might have cross the line between being proud and being arrogant.

Agreed, it just sounds arrogant...allot of us want to go "pro" but i think just as the craft beer industry has proven over the last year... collaboration is key on keeping the industry as a whole linked. Share unique ideas, yeah sure keep the best ones for yourself perhaps but in my experience it's all been done before by someone....somewhere...sometime. Hell it may have been centuries ago, but it's been done. I used to think with a more closed mind and wanted to guard my beloved recipes but in the end sharing helps improve the ideas. Also, i don;t know too many homebrewer's with the $$ to trademark and steal your idea ;) prost :mug:

+1.

Good luck on making it pro all mt best wishes. But you do know if you do and the beer hits a mass market then there will proable be clones made and the we all get to share.

Good luck on making it pro all mt best wishes. But you do know if you do and the beer hits a mass market then there will proable be clones made and the we all get to share.

haha ... good point. Yeah, absolutely best of luck with going pro. But that beer's only got to be out for, oh, a week, before some HBT'er finds it, clones it, and most likely improves it, if history is any judge. :p

I dont know if I could go " pro ". Other than my blonde ale i make for the poker buddies, I like to change up my recipes constantly. That what I like about homebrewing. I get to sample different beers all the time.:mug:

Well, I hope to prove you all wrong.

I will give no clues, but it something that I have never seen, despite many searches.

Aww, C'mon!! Tell us! Please!! What's the secret??!?!! I wanna know!!

Please?

Pretty please?

There. Is that want you wanted?

Well, he's never going to tell us the secret ingredient and has an incredibly small chance of going pro, so the world will just never know what this magnificent ingredient was.

So very very sad.

I think I'll go pour myself a pint and mourn my loss.

Well, he's never going to tell us the secret ingredient and has an incredibly small chance of going pro, so the world will just never know what this magnificent ingredient was.

So very very sad.

I think I'll go pour myself a pint and mourn my loss.

:mug: .

I'll bet the secret ingredient is ham. You don't have to tell me, but if it is ham, post back "No, it's not ham", then I'll know. Mmmmmmmmm, Black Forrest Ham Porter!!!!

I actually do have a couple of brewing "secrets". HOWEVER, this is merely because I haven't yet done enough testing so that when I do tell people about it, it is not just anecdotal, and I can give specific instructions.

I do brew a beer with rye bread (and some grains) and this is very rare among brewers, but this has also been done commerically before. Hmmm maybe I should try some jelly donuts.....

While in grad school, for a holiday party we made a bunch of fake commericals to show, including on for Little Debbie Miller Beer (we had a fellow student named Debbie Miller). I took a can of Miller (High Life), pasted a Little Debbie logo on it, and took an old fashion can opener to it and then to added a crumbled up snack cake and put it in the Fridge. The scene was coming home, being thirsty AND hungry but being a busy student, lacked time for both, but this was solved upon opneing the fridge and seeing the Little Debbie Miller Beer, which was pulled out and poured into a nice pilsner glass, and then proceeding to take a drink/bite.

We also did the Ronco Abiogenesis generator

Is it Skittlebrau? It's Skittlebrau isn't it?
final.jpg

What's the stuff they put in 5 Hour Energy? I'll bet he's got some of that shvt in there.

Oh yea, that's been done already...

I'm a "pro" (Defined as receiving a paycheck to make beer) But all I get to make are my bosses " secret " recipes

i think its if >50% of your income is derived from said activity, then you are a professional. now to find some way to get paid for beer! tax-free, of course.

100 % of my income , but I do pay income tax on it??
But were WAY off course, the Dead Horse that is the point is being beaten with a "seceret recipe" wont get you to pro stick, and, kicked with there's little doubt its not been done Boots.
:tank:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back