That One Special Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread reminds me of an experience I had on a BBQ board a couple years ago: except in reverse...

I posted a question asking how to clone a certain commercial sauce, basically asking for a recipe. Holy snot I got hammered by the regulars! "Why are you trying to steal a commercial product?" "How dare you rip off another man's sauce!!" It was if I asked someone to post a pic of his wife's coochie.

I iterated that it was just for personal use but this only made them madder. One of the mods sent me a PM apologizing for all of the slander. I quickly found a new smokin' board.

On the bright side, the mod gave me the "secret ingredients;" liquid smoke and a chili/vinegar brine.

One of the things I liked from Budweiser(yeah I know they didn't make it0 was their BBQ sauce. Not available anymore:(

I didnt realize that arrogance came in a form that could be put into a mash or a bottle. But hey, if anyone could do it, it seems that cheezy here could be the one to do it...

He could even call it Arrogant-I'm-a-Better-Brewer-Than-You....

It's amazing you can type, because you obviously can't read.

...and that vinegar taste in your "secret recipe" is not a secret.

Thats what happens when malt beverages go bad.:p

What is that supposed to even mean? It has nothing to do with anything I said.

And hey, if you want to troll on and on like this, expect to catch a little flak :mug:

Fair enough. But for the last time...

I FEEL LUCKY TO HAVE LUCKED INTO THIS INGREDIENT, I AM AN "OK" BREWER, NOT ANY BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE HERE, WHERE IS THE ARROGANCE REFERRED TO?

I FEEL LUCKY TO HAVE LUCKED INTO THIS INGREDIENT, I AM AN "OK" BREWER, NOT ANY BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE HERE, WHERE IS THE ARROGANCE REFERRED TO?

Speculation/giving you ****, just like almost every other post in the thread. Chill out a little, congrats on finding a 'previously unused' ingredient and I'll be interested to hear what it is if you choose to divulge it. I hope its written down, if you get hit by a bus tomorrow, the world will never know :D

RyanPA said:
Originally Posted by Edcculus View Post
This thread is going nowhere...

...nowhere but epic status.

At least til we turn into EACs

Speculation/giving you ****, just like almost every other post in the thread. Chill out a little, congrats on finding a 'previously unused' ingredient and I'll be interested to hear what it is if you choose to divulge it. I hope its written down, if you get hit by a bus tomorrow, the world will never know :D

At least til we turn into EACs

Definitely written. I will place it in a safe deposit box to be awarded to YOU upon my death (if by bus.;))

:mug:

Cheers Brother!

Frankly, the arrogance seemed to start creeping in right away when you talked about how your creativity was overflowing awesomeness, taunting people with your Big Secret and how it will make you go pro.

Not to mention that hailing yourself as an "expert chef" in your sig kind of makes you sound a little full of yourself.

I know your secret (took 5 minutes to find it with google)... it's not that big of a deal, and it's definitely not unique to your One Special Recipe. I found three commercial brews that use the same ingredient.

I would be willing to say that this might just be one of those cases of "sarcasm and humor don't always come through properly in text" and this is all a misunderstanding.

You have kind of backed yourself into a corner here. Continuing to hold the ingredient secret really does make you look arrogant at this point.

Then again, if you disclose the secret, you are sure to get a hailing of "bah! that's not all that creative" and similar emails.

I don't envy you at this point, but it's probably best to let this thread die.

I made my first gallon of mead and got a pine sol taste and aroma without using pine sol. Try that!

Is this "secret" ingredient in a recipe posted under a very similar, but different username here?

He PM'd me. It's vienna sausage lager. Think rauchbier, except not like rauchbier at all.

On a side note, I"m seriously thinking of making a cucumber lager. Refreshing or revolting?

Unicorn Tears.

lol. wow, just starting to read this thread. Pretty entertaining.

This guy realizes the chances of brewing this beer on a "professional" level, right??

Less than a 1% chance this ever happens and 100% guaranteed the ingredient has been used before.

Do you really think you've thought of something that hasn't been thought of in hundreds of years of brewing??

Get real.

Pretty sure I also just found it in under 5 mins on Google. I have to agree, if Walker and I found the same ingredient, it isn't particularly special, nor does it seem like it would have much effect, positive or negative, on the outcome of a beer.

edit: Cheezydemon, why would you hesitate to post it here, when you've already posted it up on another forum? (yes that's a hint to anyone wanting to play the google-fu game)

You know... had I not been following the label design from user HarryHood1, I would not have know that he changed his name and became someone new.

Yeah, I decided to finally pony up and start supporting the site. It's well worth it!

It's been done.

Haven't you heard of Cuccobräu?

Not saying I invented that one. I have not heard of this Cuccobräu you mention. How's it taste? I had cucumber seltzer, and it was quite refreshing, so I'm thinking a cucumber beer might go great with lawnmowering.

Not saying I invented that one. I have not heard of this Cuccobräu you mention. How's it taste? I had cucumber seltzer, and it was quite refreshing, so I'm thinking a cucumber beer might go great with lawnmowering.

Unless you are like me and utterly HATE cucumbers. Just the smell of them is nauseating to me.

Allow me to be the google searching dick.

Matthew Wood’s Habanero Ale Ingredients: 8 lbs of pale 2 row, 2 pounds of Belgian Pilsen, 1 oz Cascade Hops, 1 oz Bullion hops, 6 orange Habaneros/ripe/roasted , 1 Guajillo/green/roasted, White Labs “Irish ale” yeast.

Sorry, this thread is getting annoying.

P.S. A guy in my homebrew club brought in a sample of his habanero brown ale 2 months ago.

Matthew Wood’s Habanero Ale Ingredients: 8 lbs of pale 2 row, 2 pounds of Belgian Pilsen, 1 oz Cascade Hops, 1 oz Bullion hops, 6 orange Habaneros/ripe/roasted , 1 Guajillo/green/roasted, White Labs “Irish ale” yeast.

P.S. A guy in my homebrew club brought in a sample of his habanero brown ale 2 months ago.

That beer sounds painful...but I don't think thats what it is.

It was the first thing I found related to this thread. I really didn't feel like searching more than that. Man am I a dick.:D

Mmmmm... it's so watery! (pause, gasp with surprise) With a smack of ham!

Best show ever.

Pretty sure I've found your secret, and I do think it's kinda unique, but you probably shouldn't have ever put it online if you wanted to keep it a secret.

Oh and...
And keep in mind, none of you know who I really am, or what my brew will be called.
I know nothing about you... except your name, age, how many kids you have and their ages, your hobbies, favorite football team, congrats on the prize for your honey oatmeal bread... I feel kinda creepy now, but it's amazing what Google can do.

Oh and...
I know nothing about you... except your name, age, how many kids you have and their ages, your hobbies, favorite football team, congrats on the prize for your honey oatmeal bread... I feel kinda creepy now, but it's amazing what Google can do.

Yeah, kinda creepy but I found the secret too... and just about all the info that BW here located. Fortunately this is a forum with decent people but man, the internet does not make you invincible.

I love being able to do that. I had a guy rip me off on Ebay and when I contested it he said he was going to hack me. So I replied with his full name, address, where he went to school, where he worked, the names, addresses and employers off all his immediate family, etc. He left me alone. :D

I love being able to do that. I had a guy rip me off on Ebay and when I contested it he said he was going to hack me. So I replied with his full name, address, where he went to school, where he worked, the names, addresses and employers off all his immediate family, etc. He left me alone. :D

I actually just spent about an hour researching myself on google, both handles I've ever used. I came up with my picture and my first name and last initial and the state I'm from, I then tried to research myself using that information and didnt get far. Someone more motivated might be able to find other stuff, where I go to school (which I don't try to hide) and other things, but I'm not terribly concerned....

That's not it :p If I was a tiny hair less mature, I'd post the ingredient, recipe, and where I found it.

I dont see arrogance, I see selfishness as well as ignorance.

Im pretty sure the recipe for Guinness is pretty easily obtainable, and somewhat common knowledge. But even though its possible to find this recipe, there are dozens of breweries out therer that would KILL to be able to brew a stout like Guinness, but nobody can recreate it. its their brewing process, not the recipe. Holding back a single ingredient that could better
the homebrewing community is silly.

You even said you have learned alot off this site and owe alot to it, and you even mentioned how you dont even support it. Now, here we are and your insulting us by not even putting up a single adjunct that could very well make us all better brewers and produce some delicious new beer. Seems extremely selfish.

This website is meant for homebrewers to share their own thoughts and ideas with eachother so we can ALL become fantastic brewers. You starting a thread like this to lord something over everybody is not really tasteful and goes against what this site was made for. just like your mommy told you when you were a tot, if you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything at all.

Sheesh.... I just read the cold crash vs lagering thread.... I take back my previous statement that this whole thread might have been a misunderstanding of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back