That One Special Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going pro with my beer. Ramen Noodle Scottish Ale. The noodles are crushed into the mash, but the seasoning packet is put into secondary for aroma. I call it Noodlebrau. You would think I'd call it noodlebrew cause it rhymes, but I'm not that kinda guy.

It's gonna be awesome.

A second pro Idea I have is to take octopus and ham and put it into a beer. I will call that one Ockham's razor. The label will have an octopus carving the number 8 into a pig with a straight razor. There will be very little ham in the actual beer.

Also, one time I put Heinz 57 sauce into a blue light. Feel free to try that one. You have to be careful when you're tippng the bottle back and forth, as well as when removing your thumb from the opening of the bottle so that you don't end up covered in steak sauce and lager.

*REPLY TO ALL*

Keep going!lol, I am almost shamed into revealing just to shut you all up!!!!lol.

Not pro yet. I am 35, 3 kids ages 2,5 & 7.

My buddy is out of the military and into Brew School next year.

I WILL get there.

I owe a lot to this site and as yet am not supporting.

After I go pro, why would I care if someone clones?

I will post the full recipe after I produce my first publicly available bottle.

I am A GOOD PM brewer, amateur AG'er, overall amateur. Nothing smug or cocky.

It was the availability of an unusual ingredient, my total disregard for any "style" of beer, and my willingness to risk 5 gallons on an unheard of adjunct......

IN OTHER WORDS LUCK.

If it sounded otherwise, I am sorry. But this is the best beer I have had since I first tasted Rogue's DEAD GUY.

Can you blame me for being stoked?

:mug:

I have to say, for all the crap you got here cheezy, you sure took it well with a mature response. Kudo's to you. How bout you send a bottle of that secret magic over here:)

Well, do be sure to post back here when you have commercial bottles available. I will (if possible) buy some and try it....

I wish you good luck.

If you are not successful at going pro, will you then consider disclosing the ingredient, or will the recipe go to the grave with your business?

Lol, as stated, I will POST THE ENTIRE RECIPE the minute I go pro.

Don't think I missed the sarcasm you sexy beast.;)

Thanks Irregular Pulse! I deserved some of it, and jealousy is to be expected,lol.

Lol, as stated, I will POST THE ENTIRE RECIPE the minute I go pro.

Don't think I missed the sarcasm you sexy beast.;)

:mug: Irregular.

I wasn't being sarcastic. There are a lot of reasons a business can fail even if they have a FANTASTIC product or service. I was just asking that if, for some reason, the business never takes off (can't get funding, etc) will you then post the recipe, or will the recipe only be given out if the business succeeds?

I must admit that I don't quite understand the logic here. You won't give a bunch of homebrewers the recipe now (99.99% of which will never go pro and your recipe would stay in their kitchens), but you will give the recipe away after you go pro. End result is a bunch of homebrewers making the beer in their garage and nothing else.

But, whatever... doesn't matter to me. Just don't tall into the Fat Tire trap. That beer was hyped so much on the eastern half of the US that it was totally doomed to disappoint. If your beer has a huge reputation before being available, it will be a let down when it finally is available.

Roger that Walker!

And keep in mind, none of you know who I really am, or what my brew will be called.

I will not hype it at all until it is out. Then clone away!

A clone is a compliment in my estimations.

I guess I'm failing to realize why its important to withhold an ingredient. You will find that brewers (home and pro) are a very open bunch. Jamil's "Can You Brew It" on The Brewing Network is a testament to that. Those brewers share ingredients, mash temps, water profiles and techniques. I guess I can see how you might not want to divulge the ingredient so another brewery can't use it before you start one. In the end, if you do start a brewery, it will be the quality of your beer, not the one special ingredient that will make you successful.

I'm trying to figure out why I continue to read this thread. It's a trainwreck.

I can say, with no sarcasm at all, that there's no jealousy being displayed here, cheezy. An earlier poster had the succinct analysis: no matter what novelty you've come up with, it's more likely than not been tried. And having ONE "secret" recipe will not make you go pro.

But, like I say, I can't figure out why I keep reading this thread. Must be a slow news week.

I think I found your secret ingredient. I had posted it here, but then I deleted it.

I will give you credit; I have never seen it in a recipe (except the two recipes of yours that I found) and it does sound like an interesting thing to try.

I'm trying to figure out why I continue to read this thread. It's a trainwreck.

I agree. Aside from the fact that if the OP were to actually disclose what the ingredient is, it's probably retarded enough that no one will use it in the same way (boil, secondary, steep, etc.), and at this point not go thru the amount of trial and error to figure out themselves. Well, maybe out of spite, now...

NOT to mention the sole creation of this thread was in the same vein as "i've got a secret, na na na na na na. I don't wanna tell but i really do."

But look at me, i'm playing along too, so i suppose i'll watch the cars pile up. :p

I think I found your secret ingredient. I had posted it here, but then I deleted it.

I will give you credit; I have never seen it in a recipe (except the two recipes of yours that I found) and it does sound like an interesting thing to try.

I saw it before you deleted. If thats what it really is...no big deal. I don't think I'd worry about using that ingredient any time soon. I'm sure it would be good, but its not like using hops instead of gruit.

I saw it before you deleted. If thats what it really is...no big deal. I don't think I'd worry about using that ingredient any time soon.

Yeah, I agree. I do think it's unique (credit to cheezydemon for that), but it's not going to make or break a start-up brewery, and I've got no inclination to make or drink a beer made with that ingredient.

He could probably sell the idea to Dogfish Head. All of their beers are packed with gimmicks. They might love the idea.

I'm going pro with my beer. Ramen Noodle Scottish Ale. The noodles are crushed into the mash, but the seasoning packet is put into secondary for aroma. I call it Noodlebrau. You would think I'd call it noodlebrew cause it rhymes, but I'm not that kinda guy.

That is hilarious. I have all the ingredients right now. Do you recommend the chicken of beef flavor? :fro:

I make sure to add a good dose of urine to my light lagers. I find it produces that 'bite' that I get with the BMC examples. :ban: My only concern is that when I go pro with this recipe is that I won't have enough of my own urine to keep up with capacity. Once I find a way around with problem, I'll be rich, and the size of AB-InBev in roughly 3 years.

I MUST be wrong about what his secret ingredient is, because he said he searched and was never able to find a beer that used it.

I did a google search for "<secret ingredient> beer" and immediately found two beers that use it. One from Allagash and another that is an import from Bavaria.

So... either I'm wrong, or his secret is, as many suspect, not actually all that unique.

mmm, shrimp beer

I wonder if the secret ingredient is fish sauce?

Wait, Allagash didn't do that did they?

Don't think there was any jealousy here, more like annoyed at the level of cockiness :)

If I have not gotten through to you yet, good luck to you.

I do not feel cocky, just LUCKY.

Get it?

I was thanking you for your words and joking that the crap you felt had been slung my way was jealousy, LOL being the operative sentiment.

If I have not gotten through to you yet, good luck to you.

I do not feel cocky, just LUCKY.

Get it?

I was thanking you for your words and joking that the crap you felt had been slung my way was jealousy, LOL being the operative sentiment.

Lucky charms marshmallows???
Shamrocks???
Not leprechauns!?!?!?!?

so what is it? sweet potatoe? black pepper? hot pepper? none of those are very unheard of in beer though

Its cheese! Drop a whole wheel of cheese in the boil kettle. It HAS been done before, I do it on every stout i make.

My friend made a beer recently that we're calling breakfast beer.
It contains, raisins, branflakes, cranberries, honey, Oats, banannas, and probably a few ingredients I'm not remembering right now as well. Still fermenting, but it's smelling great. I'll be trying it in a few weeks. It all started as a joke about Bananna Bran Beer, but I guess it couldn't stay that way for ever.

I didnt realize that arrogance came in a form that could be put into a mash or a bottle. But hey, if anyone could do it, it seems that cheezy here could be the one to do it...

He could even call it Arrogant-I'm-a-Better-Brewer-Than-You....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back