Thank you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stdywell

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank you all for your help thus far. Lasts night was my first bottling experience. My son, who prodded me into this hobby, couldn't be there as it is his last week at college so my SWMBO willingly stepped in and capped while I filled (what a gal !)
Other than a couple of minor issues ( a leaky spigot on the bottling bucket and forgetting to sanitize four bottles ) it went pretty well.
This was a BB Irish Stout. I have another (Weizenbier) ready to bottle next week and will be brewing a Krolsh today. Yup. Addicted. Again, thank you one and all for your invaluable help.

-Doug

image-1804340641.jpg

image-795077256.jpg

Looks Great! Its always fun to get that first batch done. Before you know it you will have 20+ Gallons bottle conditioning or kegged. Only 2 weeks till you can taste it! Thanks for the pic

Markd27..... I subtly made tHat suggestion to my wife last night...deaf ears. One has to pick and choose his battles. This isn't one of them. Yet. :)

Congrats on your first brew. Here is to many more.

Welcome to the hobby/addiction.

I predict batch #4 will be kegged

Kegging is not the answer for everyone.

I am one of the ones that actually likes to bottle for several reasons. It is not as difficult as many make it out to be. I do it when I brew. I heat my strike water while I am siphoning to thebbottling bucket. When my grains are mashing I bottle. Easy.

I like variety and have probably 20 different brews in various quantities around and usually have six different ones in the fridge at any time.

Is a krolsch a kolsch brewed by Grolsch ;) ? Youre lucky your wife helped out. My,wife would never. Congrats on the first brew success. Welcome to the hobdiction.

Congrats on the first batch being bottled! I actually find bottling with a buddy or partner a lot of fun, and as long as you do most of the "grunt work" like sanitizing etc. I find a lot of people who are more than happy to use the bottling wand or cap, a lot of people are intrigued. My girlfriend wanted to help and was really interested even though she doesn't like beer at all. It's a bonding experience! :mug:

Congrats. I predict batch #4 will be kegged ;)

i only made it to two batches bottling before i started kegging! haha

congrats on a successful bottle day... if you havent picked one up, a bottle tree makes everything so much easier for holding bottles after sanitizing and before filling

Have a vinator. I saw On a thread somewhere here where someone used one of those blue trays that they use to deliver bread to the grocery stores. He modified it so the bottles will fit. Will give that a try first.

If you have a dishwasher with spokes that stick up bottles rest quite well on there. As long as you sanitize all of that stuff it works great if you don't feel like spending money on a bottle tree.

Back