Texas Weather

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigFloyd

Reaction score
Only in Texas can it be shorts and t-shirt weather yesterday (mid-70's) and then today I watch an inch of frozen rain pile up on the back deck that's supposed to freeze solid tonight when it gets into the upper teens.:drunk:

Yeah! I had sleet, snow, thunder and hale. Currently 18 feels like1!

We were in shorts and flip flops, having a fish fry at about 80 degrees at dinner time. We were having margaritas, and sitting in the sun while cooking on the grill. During dinner, about 7 PM, the wind shifted to the north, and it suddenly turned COLD. It dropped at least 25 degrees, and the waves picked up. We shut windows, turned off the fans, and picked up our deck chairs.

Now, it's COLD out. I love Texas- but honestly, I'm ready for the quick weather changes to stop!

It went from 80 degrees to 50 degrees in about 45 minutes.

March is a wildcard month. Hopefully, this is the last of the ice. I got no use for it.

Thank goodness, there is no ice predicted for down south. I think the low here is supposed 38 or thereabouts tonight.

My dinner guests left, as they had on t-shirts and flip flops and ran home to close some windows. I guess we got it a bit later than North Texas, as my friends told me that in Austin, it was pretty cold by 4 PM. It was 7 PM here before that happened.

It's 20 up here. Wind chill is 9. Tomorrow's forecast is high 30s. 50s later in the week. We should be out of the ice soon. Especially if it's sunny.

Still sucks. Most folks either know how to drive or know how to follow the lead of people who do, but there's always some yahoo. As much as it sounds like a bash, it's often some fool in an SUV or Ferd F2000. Hey, numb skull, the vehicle does not impart skill or defy physics. Good in mud, that your driveway queen has never seen, does not mean good on frozen highways.

But hey, my peach tree is getting its chill hours :D

But hey, my peach tree is getting its chill hours :D

Some of the palms in the back yard are shivering here. :D

Seriously, the wind is howling here. I feel lucky to be here, and not in the rest of the country where it's terribly cold and icy. Our friends up north are dealing with frozen water mains, and 40 inches of snow. That makes me and my shivering palm tree seem small, and I hope all are warm and safe.

Supposed to be -7 last night, but ended up being like -18. No wind chill, just nose crinkling -18. this morning.

Supposed to be near 30 degrees daytime high around the end of the week!

No problem with inconsistent weather here in Michigan. It's been consistently cold with snow every few days. I wouldn't complain about the random 70-80° day thrown in. We have seen that in 5 months.

You Texans.... Just consider yourselves lucky and tough out the cold a few days a year. Here in Philly I think we have almost 7' of snow for the winter. I consider myself lucky I don't live in Maine or Minnesota. This winter has caused me to consider buying a Jeep or Subaru for cheap just to get around. My MINI isn't so great in the snow especially with performance tires. Luckily I work from home most days.

Ice, ice and more ice. Pretty much everything around here has been cancelled. Maybe for tomorrow too. We just (thankfully) got power back after losing it early this morning. My wife asked if we could maybe go eat lunch at an Italian place 5 blocks away, but I don't think we can make it out of the driveway.:(

After driving on glaciers last night, I left super early this morning and it was only patchy. Hardly a thing by this afternoon. Good. I was not looking forward to more of that "cobblestone ice" like earlier this winter.

The flowers on our huge Bradford and row of quince have all turned brown. Bummer. It was looking like we'd actually get quince this year. But maybe. There were bees all over it while it was warm.

Back