Texas Instruments TI 83/84-based brewing calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EJay

Reaction score
I've implemented Sean Terrill's refractometer calculator (http://seanterrill.com/2012/01/06/refractometer-calculator/) in my programmable TI calculator. I can make this available to anyone else if they'd like it. I'll post screen shots soon.

I'm going to add a few other calculations to the menu - such as a pressure/volume/temperature calculator for force carbing, a hydrometer temperature corrector, a priming sugar calculator, and so forth. Also a simple oz/gram calculator - I seem to use that a lot. I'll add more things as I think of them, while brewing no doubt!

I know all this stuff is available from your smartphone, but I find myself on brew day switching from site to site and I wanted to have everything in one place. These calculators are widely available and I see them in thrift shops all the time.

I'm developing on a TI-84 Plus Silver edition, but I'll try to make it will run and/or be easy to port to any other edition (TI-83, 89, and so forth). I'm hoping to use best-of-breed formulas for each thing I implement, rather than a lot of the 'good enough', but simple versions people use a lot.

Anyone interested in this? I can post the program if so.

Ok here's a few screenshots of where I'm going with this:
Capture 1.png
Capture 2.png
Capture 4.png

Latest posts

Back