Terrible flow rate!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazamodo

Reaction score
I just set up my new pair of stout taps, as seen here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/anyone-know-best-way-clean-these-taps-323418/

Now one has a 3/16 fitting and the other is a 5/16.
No w the flow on these are terrible, one is slow, the other drips out!
I will try and explain what I have done, as I used all part s I had avalia ble saince ythe rest of my perlicks are 3/8. Hopefully I can explain in a wrritten diagram.
The first tap which just dribbles out Is set up like this...

Tap(3/16 standard fitting) - 3/16 beer line - 3/16 to 3/8 adapter - 3-8 ball lock disconnect - keg.

The second which is better but has very slow flow rate is this

Tap (5/16 standard fitting) - 5/16 to 3/16 adapter - 3/16 beer line - 3/16 to 3/8 adapter - 3/8 ball lock disconnect - keg

Any ideas? Is it the adapters killing the flow? Also when testing I'm using the same keg with same pressure which pours great from my perlicks on 3/8 beerline

Your beer line should not have adapters it will
only create turbulence. Those are stout taps. You need to run beergas not co2 at 25-30 psi. What psi are you running? If you don't have beergas you can probably take out the flow restricter to use as a regular faucet, but I'm not sure.

you can use regular CO2 with a stout tap only if you like your beers to be room temperature. you do need 20-30 PSI to get the beer thru the restrictor though.

Latest posts

Back