Tennessee Hops- Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 4 year old Cascade hop crown growing in my back yard. Very nice plant, very productive each summer. The situation is this; I'm moving in August and I would like to pass this beaut onto another hop farmer, I'm not taking it with me.

Right now, the crown is still dormant. I assume it is better to get it dug up now, rather than try to deal with it in August when it's in full swing. I'd like to get it dug up and then contact somebody on here to give it to.

So, how does this sound for a plan; Dig up the crown, separate off any new rhizomes (I will take these with me), and plant it in a bucket temporarily while I advertise and arrange for pickup of the crown. Does anybody see any issues with this? Should I go a different route?

Second question; anybody local to Nashville want to give this girl a new home? I'm not going to ship it.

I live in Murfreesboro and work in Nashville. Looking to start growing hops on my farm. I would love to give your girl a new home.

Back