TD4-SNR Information - Temp/Best setting for this device?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
Ok guys, I officially finished my brew controller! I'm pretty excited that it is finished and everything appears to be working correctly. The only thing left is cutting a while in my kettle and installing the element for the ultimate test. I can say I am not looking forward to that, just for the fact that....well....i am putting a whole in my kettle. Anyhow, to the real reason for the thread.

Is there any specific setting that should be chosen for the PID that I have? I see there is a lot of things you can do with it but I'm not sure if I need to do anything to it or mess with any of the settings.

I read about the manual setting which seems pretty cut and dry. I have a 120v 2000w element (https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/element2000.htm) for my BIAB rig. i only do 3 gallon batches so the boil should be about 4 gallons. Should I set the manual setting to 100% for this? I would assumes yes, but you never know. So I figured i would ask.

Any tips for using this particular PID? (absolutely anything)

Aside from tips, I did notice it is about 1 degree off. Is there a way to correct this?

yes, the direction sheet does explain how to correct for the temp probe reading off slightly, its easy to do. I dont have it memorized though. I would say to experiment with the boil... you want a rolling boil but nothing too vigorous or you'll get too much boiloff. its very easy to change on the fly by just changing the number and hitting "set"

I would suggest doing an autotune in your case since you always do the same size batches..

You may want to set your alarm (assuming you wired one up) to go off when your kettle reaches say 209 degrees .. that way you can set it to manual mode at that point and avoid an unattended boilover.

Back