tasted wheat extract kit...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester

Reaction score
I jsut kegged my wheat extract ket that I got as a gift... it definitely was not that great.. it wasnt horrible, but it tasted water down and didnt have that much flavor... It wasnt fully carbonated yet, either... maybe that will help the flavor... the kit used a can of hopped LME and bag of DME, plus some more hops that the LHBS recommended... I would have never bought this kit on my own, but someone was nice enough to get it for me as a gift... Who knows how long it will take to drink 5 gallons of this stuff, when I have 100x better beer sitting in the tap right next to it...

The Imerial Pale Ale kit came from the same company, but had a ton of flavor and tasted great.. so maybe this is just my first lighter homebrew beer...

Jester

Jester said:
I jsut kegged my wheat extract ket that I got as a gift... it definitely was not that great.. it wasnt horrible, but it tasted water down and didnt have that much flavor...
It always tastes thin and watery before it's carbed...that, and you can't compare a wheat beer with an IPA...of course the wheat will taste bland in comparison. Try the wheat after its carbed, and before you've had any of your IPA that day...you'll be pleasantly surprised.

you were right...!!!! I tasted again last night and it tasted a 100x better... that made me feel better, I was worried that I had an undrinkable brew... heheheee...

Jester

Back