Taprite CO2 Regulator on sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 1 of these. Very nice gauge. Been using it for several years. Easy to disconnect and disconnect, and changing psi is super-easy. Main problem I have with it is you can't release pressure at the gauges. If you're over pressure and want to back it off, you have to turn off the co2 bottle, release pressure in the keg, then let the gauges drop pressure.

"Well, actually..." 😉

I have a dual body Taprite primary regulator for my keezer, and their primary regulators with the big red knobs have an internal PRV that is activated by turning the pressure knob down multiple turns. It is a bit of a pita because you have to significantly crank the knob to get to the release point then carefully dial back up to desired pressure...

Cheers!

I don't know if there are other branded regulators that work that way.
My other branded regulators are from Chudnow and Micromatic, and both sport auto/manual PRVs screwed into the bodies. Pressure release is thus just a tug away for those, no need to affect pressure settings...

Cheers!

Back