Taprite and Perlick Customer Service

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArcticBear

Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I am not affiliated with Taprite in any fashion.

Some of you may recall that I had created a thread a few weeks ago regarding some issues with a "Perlick" stout faucet.

(Original Thread) https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/new-nitrogen-stout-tap-what-went-wrong-373327/

Cliffnotes are that the initial issue was the restrictor plate was not providing any restriction and anything over 10PSI came out of the faucet like a rocket, no cascading head, no nitrogen mixed effects or froth. I contacted Perlick and was essentially told after two phone calls and days of waiting that "we'll get back to you" of which, they never did. I did not receive any follow up or support from Perlick or their customer service line.

I then came to find out that Perlick only sells the faucet, but it is indeed manufactured by Taprite. I took a shot and contacted Taprite customer support. I was not looking for anything other than possible solutions to my problems.

I received immediate response and assistance from Taprite and they followed up with several questions about my setup, carbing pressures, installation etc.. Within the following few days they were actively working on troubleshooting my problem. During this time, a brew buddy came over and we did some parts troubleshooting with the faucet i had received (SF2001A) We came to the conclusion that there was a missing O-Ring in the nozzle that kept the restrictor plate tight to the faucet body, and that the holes drilled into the restrictor plate were a little too large to provide enough restriction.

I relayed this to the customer service rep from Taprite and without hesitation they offered to replace my faucet with the original SF2001 style faucet body. Unfortunately, they didn't have any in stock in the chrome/stainless style so I opted to wait. They were apologetic to the fact that i had to wait a few days and there was no issue with it. I'm not unreasonable and wasn't expecting a replacement in the first place so I was more than fine with waiting.

Lead time for the part was 2-3 weeks. Midway through the wait I received a package in the mail from Taprite containing a party pump for a sanke keg, and an email in my inbox from the rep apologizing for the delay and that they were sympathetic that I had to wait and hoped that I would be happy with the pump. A week later the new faucet showed up and is waiting for a day or two to be installed and tested (i just want to clean my lines this weekend so I figured I would get it done then.) They also have offered to pay for the shipping of the original tap back to them for testing.

Long story short, I am EXTREMELY pleased with Taprites level of customer service. They went above and beyond to help me with the problems I had. They had no real obligation to assist me, the product wasn't ordered through them. I am annoyed with Perlick and their lack of customer service but Taprite has more than made up for any negative experience. It seems that good customer service has become a rare commodity in today's business world and it is nice to see some people still stand beside their product.

Needless to say, I am a dedicated Taprite supporter from here on out.

Had no idea.

Been very happy with my Taprite dual-body primary regulator. They're the only manufacturer of dual-body primaries I know of that actually puts their name on it. There's one or two others out there, but they're generic without any brand on them. I paid the extra $10 for the Taprite because I'd have the possibility of support through a manufacturer with it and not have to go through a retailer who could care less. So far I haven't needed it, but it's great to hear that it's out there.

I had a god experience with TapRite also. I bought a new regulator and a screw that hold the lever on the valve had fallen out. I asked if they could tell me the thread size so I could go to Lowes and pick one up. They sent me a whole new valve assembly instead.

One of the reasons I like Taprite regulators is that you can order any of the parts for them to repair them. There are very few other regulators out there that supply individual parts (Cornelius & Norgren are two others).

Back