TapitGood - digital tap list [new]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snails07

Reaction score
I've created a new digital tap list specifically for us homebrewers - I'd love people to test it out and let me know what you think.

TapItGood – Digital Homebrew Tap List

It is a Raspberry Pints or Taplist.io alternative.

It is 100% online, meaning you don't need to install any software - simply visit the site, log in and create your tap list.
You'll be given a public URL for your list which can then display on any screen or any device.

It is highly customizable and you can even add your own CSS to fully take control of the design.
There are pre-built templates, you can add background images, custom fonts, custom colors and more.

Would love some feedback.

Cheers

TapItGood – Digital Homebrew Tap List.png

Cool! Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Yes it is entirely html based.

I strated writing code for something like this last week. The setup on this is easy. I put my four beers in in a half hour didn’t go to in depth on descriptions. I like it. Only change I would suggest is having a tap number available. So instead of “On Tap” it could say “On Tap 5”.

Hi burtom, cool glad you like it.
Each beer is automatically numbered and displayed on the list 👍

That's awesome! I can't wait to try it out. I've been a fan of taplist.io and looking forward to using this one.

I just set up my account (Twisted Terrain Brewery) and added the two beers I have on tap now. Very cool and extremely easy to use. I used to use taplist.io and I tried the RaspberryPi option but repurposed that for a multicade I'm building for the brewery. Thanks for your work on this! :bigmug:

I've created a new digital tap list specifically for us homebrewers - I'd love people to test it out and let me know what you think.

TapItGood – Digital Homebrew Tap List

It is a Raspberry Pints or Taplist.io alternative.

It is 100% online, meaning you don't need to install any software - simply visit the site, log in and create your tap list.
You'll be given a public URL for your list which can then display on any screen or any device.

It is highly customizable and you can even add your own CSS to fully take control of the design.
There are pre-built templates, you can add background images, custom fonts, custom colors and more.

Would love some feedback.

Cheers

View attachment 694823
Thanks for answering my questions in your FAQ area of your site, looking forward to seeing how the TV linking works out.

Thought I'd give a quick update on some new features here.

• Tapitgood is now fully integrated with Brewfather, Brewer's Friend, Plaato Keg and Tilt Hydrometers - see the Docs section for info on these.
  • There are now 13 different types of glassware that you can display on your tap list.
  • You can tap on a beer and that beer will zoom in and display as full page. Tap the beer again to unzoom.
  • Packaged date is now a field
  • Complete list of new features, changes and updates is here - Changelog | TapitGood
You can now use the coupon code HBT25 to get a 25% discount on any premium plan

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 3.36.50 pm.png

This is a good easy to use program. I like it.

The page displays well on a browser, but what is the best way of putting this up on a tv monitor. If I cast/share the screen with the tv, I get the URL, search window and tabs at the top. There must be a way of displaying just the taplist on the screen? Do I need a Firestick or something similar? A Raspberry Pi?

This is a good easy to use program. I like it.

The page displays well on a browser, but what is the best way of putting this up on a tv monitor. If I cast/share the screen with the tv, I get the URL, search window and tabs at the top. There must be a way of displaying just the taplist on the screen? Do I need a Firestick or something similar? A Raspberry Pi?

Casting things has never worked well for me. There may be settings you can play with on the browser/casting program/tv to remove the url and tabs etc.
My guess would be a browser issue - perhaps trying out different browsers and exploring their settings might get you there.

Sorry I can't be more help but it could be any number of issues.

If you like, you can post your issue on the forum at Forums – TapitGood and include some images/screenshots as well as which browser, tv model etc and I can help troubleshooting.

Thanks for a great program and for the instructions for loading TapItGood on a Raspberry Pi from Malt & Mayhem (@MaltandMayhem). I had experimented with putting the taplist up on the TV using ClickSimply running on an Amazon FireStick but it didn’t offer the ease of use and flexibility of the Raspberry Pi and TapItGood. The way I have it implemented is that the RPi is on a USB Dongle plugged directly into the TV’s USB port for power. ($11https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NKNBZYG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). There is a mini-HDMI to HDMI 6” cable that feeds the RPi video to the TV’s HDMI2 input. When the TV turns on, the RPi boots up and gets the latest web page Taplist from TapItGood. The RPi is running Chromium in Kiosk mode so there is no screensaver blanking or mouse displayed. It works well.

I believe that the Raspberry OS has changed since the instructions provided by Malt & Mayhem were written and some tweaking was needed to make it work. The problem is that the Autostart file is no longer located at /home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi

Instead use: sudo nano /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart

Then modify the file as instructed here.

I have also tweaked the layout using the CSS upload capability of TapItGood to allow enough space to display my six taps. I still need to do some tweaking on the layout, but it works well.

Thanks Snails07 for a nice, affordable program.
TapItGood Taplist.jpg

This is amazing! Nice job and thanks for the write up! This is definitely something on my list - now I guess I’ll be buying that garage tv sooner than anticipated 🤣

Thanks for a great program and for the instructions for loading TapItGood on a Raspberry Pi from Malt & Mayhem (@MaltandMayhem). I had experimented with putting the taplist up on the TV using ClickSimply running on an Amazon FireStick but it didn’t offer the ease of use and flexibility of the Raspberry Pi and TapItGood. The way I have it implemented is that the RPi is on a USB Dongle plugged directly into the TV’s USB port for power. ($11https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NKNBZYG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). There is a mini-HDMI to HDMI 6” cable that feeds the RPi video to the TV’s HDMI2 input. When the TV turns on, the RPi boots up and gets the latest web page Taplist from TapItGood. The RPi is running Chromium in Kiosk mode so there is no screensaver blanking or mouse displayed. It works well.

I believe that the Raspberry OS has changed since the instructions provided by Malt & Mayhem were written and some tweaking was needed to make it work. The problem is that the Autostart file is no longer located at /home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi

Instead use: sudo nano /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart

Then modify the file as instructed here.

I have also tweaked the layout using the CSS upload capability of TapItGood to allow enough space to display my six taps. I still need to do some tweaking on the layout, but it works well.

Thanks Snails07 for a nice, affordable program.
View attachment 707485
Looks awesome!
Thanks for the info on your setup.

Thanks to @snails07 for putting this together! I signed up and I am testing things out and can get all my Brewfather information to load in but not having any luck with a fermenting beer with a Tilt attached showing the Tilt on my taplist. Any thoughts?

Has anybody here figured out how to sync the Batch Name rather than the Recipe Name for the taplist? I don't see where it pulls the Batch Name at all.

I'm still having issues with any beer I add to make it to my list. I have one right now but the browser is not showing it. Does this work better in a specific browser?

How are you adding the beer to tapitgood?
I am adding it under My Beers, I have one in there now, and then I go to Tap List Setup and go to add another beer under active beers and the button does not do anything. Do I need to add them another way?

I just set up a tap list and didn't have any issues ... I added beers the old fashioned way and set up the brewfather api to add beers automagically.

you can see it here My Tap List - TapitGood

the basic plan shows 2 beers, once you create the beer you have to go to the tap list add a new beer and select the beer from the drop down provided. Sounds like that is what you are doing, maybe try a different browser, I'm using Safari here and it worked perfect.

Back