Tap trouble...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crushnbugs

Reaction score
OK so I just installed a new Perlick tower and two taps onto my keeper. ITS dispensing ALL FOAM...

I have a corny full of a nice wheat beer that I changed over to the tower and connected via the perlick 3/16 hoses. I had to cut off one end and attach to my ball lock valve that attaches to the keg. This hose is aprox 40 inches long and then attaches to a metal fitting at the bottom of the tower that rises an additional 14 inches. Os Im figuring that I have about 54 inches of line that are 3/16…its connected to CO2 and running at 5 PSI.

Should I lower the PSI of do I have a leak somewhere, if so how to find it?

Thanks!

You want about 8 to 10 feet of 3/16 ID hose to offset a serving PSI around 12. Hop on over to the kegging section for help.

Thanks for the tip, your absolutely right….MODERATOR can you move my post to Bottling/Kegging please

Thank you both...

HI all,

I changed my lines over to 3/16 ID and they are 12 feet long. I moved the pressure up to 10PSI. It does seem better but still about half the glass is foam, how much tweaking is involved with the pressure now. Up or down?

Do you think I will be able to get this perfected like a bar pour?

Ideas or suggestions are welcomed.

Did u force carbonate or the leave it method. Over carbonating can cause this also. If by some chance u happened to over carbonate it's as simple as un hooking the Co2 and venting the keg for a day or so.

Also u can use a sponge and soapy water to check for leaks. Just dab the soapy water on all your connections, it will bubble up in the same fashion as your bike tire when you were a kid.

Thanks for the help Geoffski,

I had my lines coiled and once I stretched them out and I am now avoiding all sharp corners it is pouring very nice.

This is all live and learn for me. I found another post over in kegging with a great link to calculating PSI of a specific line length. Once I put it all together it is working just like a bar…LOL

Latest posts

Back