Tap a draft bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indygunworks

Reaction score
Trying to find a trustworthy place to order some extra tap a draft bottles... Preferably ones that come with the new lids. Don't want to overpay, and most of my go to places are sold out. Williams just cancelled my order saying they wont be back in stock for a while and don't have a clue when they will be.

Any tips?

thanks.... good price as well..... to bad they were out of the caps.... any idea where I can get some of those? the bottles I have coming don't have caps so I cant brew anything else until I can at least cap them.

I use the 38mm poly-seal growler caps. They seal pretty well and are quite sturdy:

http://growlercaps.bigcartel.com/product/polyseal-growler-cap

Northern brewer and morebeer will have them too, as well as most homebrew stores. I got mine from my LHBS.

Take a look at the above picture, as there's a cheaper growler cap which doesn't say poly-seal and looks a lot flimsier. I've used them as well, they seal OK but the plastic is softer and I don't trust them for long term use.

I also tried the pressure relief caps from Sturman, but 2 out of 3 leaked, so I tossed them.

Holy crap, thanks for that... 49 cents each.... I bought 21 of them just in case I need some in the future.... amazon wants almost 5 bucks each for the same thing.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZSH7PY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

So I paid 10 dollars and some change for what would have cost almost 100 dollars from amazon.

My system showed up today, and I am going to start keeping an eye out for the party kegs to get more faucets.... The goal is to end up with 6 or so different beers on tap all the time after I pick up a dedicated fridge for it.

Appreciate all the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, thanks for that... 49 cents each.... I bought 21 of them just in case I need some in the future.... amazon wants almost 5 bucks each for the same thing.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZSH7PY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

So I paid 10 dollars and some change for what would have cost almost 100 dollars from amazon.

My system showed up today, and I am going to start keeping an eye out for the party kegs to get more faucets.... The goal is to end up with 6 or so different beers on tap all the time after I pick up a dedicated fridge for it.

Appreciate all the help.

Glad I could help! I've been using the TAD system for almost a year, having limited space for real kegs and a kegerator. I have 12 TAD bottles altogether, usually ending up with a bit over 3 TAD bottles per 5 gallon batch. I have three taps.

$5 per polyseal cap? Holy crap man, that's a robbery!

Cheers!

:mug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back