SYRACUSE NY - ROUND 3 Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PAYMENT TIME

(PAID 13/13)

CidahMastah
Brewdiver
BigBrew54
WPStrassburg
JayMckeever
Jhenderson
wheadman66
Gergelat
twogunz
Brehuh
rustbucket

stunsm
BrewsCampbell

Please let me know when you have made payment (you can just post it up here on the site).

GREEN BOLD = PAID Status

Thanks

paid up, all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus i picked up some bottle caps for our exchange today!!!!!!!!!!!

Just throwing it out there, but I have 35 green grolsch bottles in great shape (gaskets replaced as they leak) I'm looking to offload for about $20, if anyone in the group buy is interested.

ok for the life of me i can not find the 4th person who is in the six pack exchange, its me jhenderson, cidah and whom?

im trying to get a list togeather of stuff i need to bottle for you guys. and i need to find out "whoms" list

ok i found it. too me 20 min to find it reading though this thread,

ok stunsm

these are the ones your getting in the exchange (pick two that you would like to double up on due to me only having 4 beers ready.)
~dogfishhead 60 min
~smoked rye ipa
~brown ale (much like victory's nut brown, but a little different)
~ed worts pale ale (haus ale)

Not sure who the 4th was supposed to be - but...

We are all paid up. Now I just have to confirm that the payments were instant payments and that will give us a rough estimate for delivery date. Will keep you posted when I have an idea about that.

between... I also grabbed the kegs from danschuller wednesday afternoon - people can pick them up whenever or wait for grain to get in.

ok i found it. too me 20 min to find it reading though this thread,

ok stunsm

these are the ones your getting in the exchange (pick two that you would like to double up on due to me only having 4 beers ready.)
~dogfishhead 60 min
~smoked rye ipa
~brown ale (much like victory's nut brown, but a little different)
~ed worts pale ale (haus ale)

Ok to the bottles or the yeast? If so which ones were you looking at?

Oh looks like stunsm was having pipeline issues - that's right he was going to do some yeast swaps with you guys. I have all but one of the yeast strains he had. i.e. I think stunsm was going to work out a yeast swap with you and jhendersen

Also - for the splits - reference the following (I always forget the day of):

55lb bags:
1/2 = 18lb 5oz
1/3 = 27lb 8oz
1/4 = 13lb 12oz

50lb bags:
1/2 =16lb 10oz
1/3 =25lbs
1/4 =12lb 8oz

Oh looks like stunsm was having pipeline issues - that's right he was going to do some yeast swaps with you guys. I have all but one of the yeast strains he had. i.e. I think stunsm was going to work out a yeast swap with you and jhendersen

Yep, I have an unspectacular Centennial pale ale on tap, but nothing else really ready. I'll trade out 8mL yeast vials if anyone is setup (minimum stir plate + 2 step starter) to use them.

I typically use lowes buckets for 1/2 bag splits. I think this would be good for anhsize below 1/2 as well considering they are airtght and 4 bucks including bucket and lid

Stusm. I am absolutly clueless in that department. How much work is it. Hell ill throw you a.few brews regardless. Im a big advocate of dry yeast. CHEAP AND EASY!

lol, i dont think i really need any yeast.. im pretty much all set in the department. i freeze my vials too... hmm i have to see what i have. but i think i got most of the ones your offering.. :(..

Not sure who the 4th was supposed to be - but...

We are all paid up. Now I just have to confirm that the payments were instant payments and that will give us a rough estimate for delivery date. Will keep you posted when I have an idea about that.

between... I also grabbed the kegs from danschuller wednesday afternoon - people can pick them up whenever or wait for grain to get in.

um, i might be down there this weekend, to grab my kegs.. if that is ok, i have to keg next weekend.. and who knows when we are going to do this grain pick up/ six pack exchange.

um, i might be down there this weekend, to grab my kegs.. if that is ok, i have to keg next weekend.. and who knows when we are going to do this grain pick up/ six pack exchange.

No problem.

I think I am going for a double brew saturday - but not sure. Just let me know when you are coming - shoot me a text if I don't reply back on HBT. I also have to errands to run with the lady, unless I can get out of it ;)

I plan on kegging up two batches of skeeter pee and starting a new one tonight, and a twisted tea attempt on the yeast cakes. (2 kegs down)

GRAIN SHIPPED

*I estimate that we will have the shipment as soon as Tuesday next week, or as late as Thursday.

1. CidahMastah will let everyone know when the shipment is to arrive (COMPLETED) and where it is shipping to (COMPLETED) , when to pick it up (PENDING) .​
2. (PENDING) We all slap high five and say job well done.​

Guys - great job on payment - all were cleared and instant payments so... my hats off to you!

FYI - I am sending all of you out a generic address and phone number message.

It takes forever because it is 60 seconds between PM's....

GRAIN SHIPPED

*I estimate that we will have the shipment as soon as Tuesday next week, or as late as Thursday.

To all of you who are on the list from ROC, I willl still volunteer to pick up the grains for whoever wants them but it could be a few weeks after they are delivered. I am out of town from 5/18 to 5/31 so couldnt get out to Cuse till later that week, maybe around 6/3??

So, reply here or PM me if you want your stuff picked up and dont mind waiting that long, depending on when the delivery actually happens.

To all of you who are on the list from ROC, I willl still volunteer to pick up the grains for whoever wants them but it could be a few weeks after they are delivered. I am out of town from 5/18 to 5/31 so couldnt get out to Cuse till later that week, maybe around 6/3??

So, reply here or PM me if you want your stuff picked up and dont mind waiting that long, depending on when the delivery actually happens.

Wheadman66 - once you get the full list of people who are going to have you pick up - please let me know who they are. I will pull that grain aside in one larger stack for ease of pickup (and ease of organizing my garage). I just put my climbing gym floor in so I have less storage space and don't want to block of entry for the whole garage.

The same goes for the Albany guys

You should all have received the pickup address by now - if you don't have it PM me.

Thank you kindly!

And for shared pickups I have:

Albany
JayMckeever - Driver
Brewdiver
Gergelgat
Brehuh

Rochester
Wheadman66 - Driver
WPStrassburg

Please let me know if you are supposed to be added to one of those lists.

If someone is picking up grain for you and you have splits - be sure to give them containers - HD buckets, etc, to do so. Otherwise it will cause problems. These guys are going to be doing the grunt work of weighing it all out with my 5lb scale - unless they bring a better one :) - treat them right

FYI - not sure if any of you guys would be interested in this but :

http://mobile.syracuse.com/advsyra/db_96641/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=uEwpyE2o&detailindex =2&pn=0&ps=5

I have no affiliation with this event - just thought I would pass the good word to folks interested in cask conditioned ale

Def hope to attend this, saw the list of cask conditioned ales and it's like a hop lovers dream, I'll have to find the link to the list. As it is J-Ryans has close to 70 beers on tap

I will be going up next weekend from Rochester. Let me know i can pick it all up and keep it at my place. I can do this as long as everyone chips in for gas. Let me know, either way im picking my stuff up regardless.

i love j-ryans, its my fav bar if i go out down into the city... plus you dont get all the riff raft of the teh downtown people all that much...

sadly ill be in rochester that day, for my graduation.

Jay, I am not sure when you are going to make it to Rochester, but I am not sure how you want to do the splits. I could pick the buckets up and meet you at an exit on the thruway or I could put some more money on paypal and send some money for buckets. Sorry I just saw you were not in for any splits. Maybe gerg than? Let me know. I am asking a lot from you guys since I am not driving. I appreciate it though.

I will be going up next weekend from Rochester. Let me know i can pick it all up and keep it at my place. I can do this as long as everyone chips in for gas. Let me know, either way im picking my stuff up regardless.

Personally, I am all set. I will get my bags when I am out that way in June.

Cidah, i just bottled my stupid smoked rye ipa... its quite good for an uncarbed warm beer, it has a bit more smoke flavor and alcohol than i was looking for :(

so how many six packs am i putting together? if i come out there this week to grab my kegs, i could always bring the six packs, and that way, as people come they can leave theirs and we wont officially have to meet at a specific time or date. unless all you guys want too, which i dont have a problem with.

im still dialing in my efficiency/grain weight. so im hoping to maybe get out there and get my kegs sometime this week after work if that is ok? brew day is tomorrow so i wont be able to unless i come after im done. bottling took much longer than i thought it would.

Jay, I am not sure when you are going to make it to Rochester, but I am not sure how you want to do the splits. I could pick the buckets up and meet you at an exit on the thruway or I could put some more money on paypal and send some money for buckets. Sorry I just saw you were not in for any splits. Maybe gerg than? Let me know. I am asking a lot from you guys since I am not driving. I appreciate it though.

I second what brehuh is saying. Those of you who will be involved in my splits, let me know if any paypal $ is needed for buckets (or trash bags for the temp transport). Thanks again!

Cidah, i just bottled my stupid smoked rye ipa... its quite good for an uncarbed warm beer, it has a bit more smoke flavor and alcohol than i was looking for :(

so how many six packs am i putting together? if i come out there this week to grab my kegs, i could always bring the six packs, and that way, as people come they can leave theirs and we wont officially have to meet at a specific time or date. unless all you guys want too, which i dont have a problem with.

im still dialing in my efficiency/grain weight. so im hoping to maybe get out there and get my kegs sometime this week after work if that is ok? brew day is tomorrow so i wont be able to unless i come after im done. bottling took much longer than i thought it would.

maybe it will age out a bit? (rye smoked)

you can certianly drop off - but of course you would have to swing back to pick up when others drop off. Its cool with me - I can pass mine off you you when you come for sure

it should, i think it will be a good one once it ages and carbs up.. for what i tasted of it, it wasnt bad.. have to remember it never tastes the same when its flat, and warm.

if we can meet up next weekend on saturday, i think we will be ok. im lazy today and not brewing.. so im not in a rush. i think if jhenderson can meet up on saturday as well that would be great then we can do our trade off.

so im only putting 2 sixpacks togeather now correct?

I was heading out next weekend as well to get mine and hit up one of the reef stores in syracuse. If you were going just to grab your grain I can get yours as well. Let me know either way.
-Walter

I cant on Saturday, we race unless its rained...if it rains out ill come up then. However ill proably come on friday after work if thats cool with you Cidah. Ill drop the 6ers off then. Rust if you get over early week leave mine. How many do i need to bring? Im not able to do yeast growing yet so it wont help me.

hahah jhenderson, friday ill be in rochester all day for graduation. but i will def try to get out to cidah's this week, i just need to know how many to put together and when he will be around.

Back