SWMBO hobbies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does he grow you some hops?

Yes! but I actually planted them, and he's encouraging me to get more rhizomes this year. He LOVES the fresh cascade pale ale, and he also liked the hallertauer ale. He told me he'd like me to get centennial rhizomes (at least two) for this spring for him to take care of and harvest.

DSCF0454.JPG

Making Jewelry, beads and scrapbooking. All of which can be expensive. I just bought her a Cricut expression that auto cuts stuff for her. Her hobby closet is bigger than mine, so she has no room to ***** yet.

Making Jewelry, beads and scrapbooking. All of which can be expensive. I just bought her a Cricut expression that auto cuts stuff for her. Her hobby closet is bigger than mine, so she has no room to ***** yet.

Your wife and my wife would get along well.

Yes! but I actually planted them, and he's encouraging me to get more rhizomes this year. He LOVES the fresh cascade pale ale, and he also liked the hallertauer ale. He told me he'd like me to get centennial rhizomes (at least two) for this spring for him to take care of and harvest.

nice looking plants! my first year bines were rather wimpy looking compared to those.

Mine is Director of PR for the Federal Health Minister (That's the Surgeon General over there.) That keeps her pretty busy!

She has just accepted a job with Department of Veteran's Affairs, so we'll see where that takes her. For Hobbies, she READS like it's going out of style.. and supports my brewing hobby.

My SWMBO is an artist. Not professional, but she does it as a hobby. She recently got into designing and making of Japanese lunch boxes called Bento. It's pretty interesting and I get to sample her new foods so thats a bonus. She's also really into Geisha culture and Japanese culture as a whole. It was pretty cool when we went there for our honeymoon as she knew everything. It was like having my own tour guide.

It was my wife who started brewing so I would say thats her hobby, besides beer travel.

We both ride and ride on the track
(which is very expensive btw) so he pretty much is constantly tinkering in the garage, which I guess is his thing...
Racing is the fastest way to burn money,piles of money.
I did that for 6yrs (ama/ccs/wera) and the year I stopped racing a bought brand new acura & went to europe ,next year bought a house & went to europe , third year just went back to europe. All that and still didn't spend as much as if I was still racing:drunk:

Would hate to see todays cost of racing, use to buy 55gal drums of racing fuel @ $1.75gal.
Longtime ago at daytona

We don't actually race at this point, this will be our second year just doing track days. We have a ton of friends that race and it is crazy expensive!!

Thats a great pic - what (besides money, I guess) made you stop racing?

My SWMBO has two hobbies Spending my money and Collecting ex husbands

Not sure if the two go together or not.

Mine's into scrapbooking. Now that I have my rig almost completed and buy my grains in bulk I fully expect my hobby to be cheaper than hers this year... which would be the first time since I took up photography before brewing.

Mine does cake decorating and baking as side income. She's come a long way and makes some fantastic cakes which also taste great. She also does a bit of gaming, quilting and designs my client's Wedding Albums.

It was my wife who started brewing so I would say thats her hobby, besides beer travel.

Racing is the fastest way to burn money,piles of money.
I did that for 6yrs (ama/ccs/wera) and the year I stopped racing a bought brand new acura & went to europe ,next year bought a house & went to europe , third year just went back to europe. All that and still didn't spend as much as if I was still racing:drunk:

Would hate to see todays cost of racing, use to buy 55gal drums of racing fuel @ $1.75gal.
Longtime ago at daytona

lol! I have a racer friend who quips "If you plan on racing, think about a nice cocaine habit instead. At least your family can understand that and the cost is about the same."

:)

SWMBO loves to cook she rides a Fatboy and we camp. She tolerates the brewing and likes the end product but has no interest in brewing. He new hobby is spoiling the crap out of the grandson.

SWMBO quilts and does the Cricut thing (designs her own cards gift tags for family).

I'm bringing her along with the brewing thing. She got a oatmeal stout kit for her birthday and is loving drinking it.:D

I wish i could say mine likes to cook but truth is I do the majority of that.. unless we bake something.

She says shes good at art but she wont paint anything anymore...

I have a lot of hobbies and some I had to give up. Now that I think of it her hobby is to make sure she spends all her time with me doing stuff "together" as long as it doesnt include anything I like to do (brewing, video games, etc.) then she is cool with it.

Gardening...mostly flowers, but I'm trying to get her more into stuff we can eat :D. I like gardening too, so it's something we do together on occasion.

Money wasn't the problem, I was 27 & life was calling. It took 15yrs before I lost "need for speed", still have a de-restricted `92 Honda Japanese-spec NC30 sitting at my other house.

I hear ya - I don't think this will ever turn into more than the couple track days during the summer. As much as I love it, I know we cannot afford to do more than that.

Mine makes wine(grape, other fruit, and mead) and cooks. So every time I get some new brewing paraphenalia its with the understanding it may potentially hold wine on occasion, too.

Knitting on the other hand just involves some yarn and needles.

My ex girlfriend does a lot of crochet, which is yarn and hooks. Let me tell you, not all yarn is cheap, and takes up a LOT of space. While it can be done anywhere, discovering a sweater pattern takes six skeins of $50/skein cashmere makes you wonder which hobby is cheaper. Even the cotton yarn at $4/skein adds up when you buy enough of it.

SWMBO raises and trains German Shepherds for Schutzhund - a sport similar to police dog work. Dogs compete in three phases - tracking, obedience and protection - over the course of a "trial". It takes a dog with a lot of intelligence to learn it all - particularly the protection phase. You can't just have a mean dog that bites - they have to know when it's OK (being threatened with a weapon, suspect trying to escape) and it's forbidden to bite. It is an expensive hobby (kennels, crates, leashes, collars, vet visits, a customized vehicle for transport, not to mention the daily cost of food!) and consumes a lot of her time, but the dogs are awesome!

Here's an old one. Leiko passed away a couple years ago:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSog68YfnB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSog68YfnB4[/ame]

and here's one of our current dogs, Cato. He's still learning:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J36O3PxccM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J36O3PxccM[/ame]

SWMBO has a real gift for training dogs. She has competed in the National and North American championships....

She also has quite the green thumb and cultivates a large vegetable garden (our hot pepper plant seeds were planted last weekend!), cares for dozens of house plants, and is now setting up a 120 gallon freshwater aquatic plant tank - a good excuse to get some CO2 tanks into the house, laying the groundwork for kegging ;)

Mine is so addicted to those facebook apps it's nuts. She is constantly handing me my daughter and saying "I've got to go farming" then she runs off to the computer and plays farmville for countless hours. I't drive me freakin crazy. The ridiculous thing is she wont help with the real garden. She also cross-stiches, latchhooks, and spends our hard earned money on buying other people who we barley know gifts. I wish she'd take up the cooking and cleaning hobbies. All this aside she is a great wife and mom and I love her dearly.

I just bought her a sewing machine and showed her all the cool retro fabric on eBay. I'm hoping this distracts her from all the stuff I'm buying up and I get to relax after a long brew day on some cool cusions! LOL

My wife is very supportive of most of my hobbies. She has some too.

Sewing, which is cool because she makes some really neat stuff.
Wood crafts, this isn't just hers as I make the wood stuff and she paints/decorates it.
Baking, while I don't eat many of the cakes/cookies she makes they are awesome creations that many people enjoy.

HWMO enjoys reading and collecting different books. We like to do a lot of things together such as riding motorcycles, watching movies, and brewing, of course! Myself on the other hand, enjoys baking and cooking different things, brewing, and playing some of the facebook games. Unfortunately, due to schooling, we aren't able to do most of our hobbies, as studying has taken over our lives.

I wish my wife would take up some hobby. She works and does her job well, and comes home and takes care of the family. Except that I've noticed that there isn't as much taking care of the family going on now that my oldest has been doing dishes and laundry.

I tried to convince her to join my in World of Warcraft, but she's afraid that the house will completely break down if she got hooked on that.

Back