Swap-O-Rama #5, The fall harvest...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a sixer of zombie dust and heady in the same week, it was amazing, then the next week my hit!

I work at 24th and Locust and have five in a six block radius lol.
Monde Market at 21st between Sansom and Chestnut
The Foodery on Sansom between 19th and 20th
The Corner Deli on 20th and Spruce
Theres another one I can't remember the name of on 21st and Locust and on 20th and Walnut.
Where abouts in the city?

I work at 8th and Market. I've been to the Foodery a couple times. Hawthornes and even treked out to Local 44. I was considering going to beer haven on Columbus Blvd. Maybe I'll check out the ones you mentioned since they are easier to get to.

Had some other things I had to work on tonight. I'm going to try to get up early tomorrow morning and send your addresses out. Thanks for being patient guys. You'll have them tomorrow at some point for sure.

Had some other things I had to work on tonight. I'm going to try to get up early tomorrow morning and send your addresses out. Thanks for being patient guys. You'll have them tomorrow at some point for sure.

Your TheMan

I love some DL but I've never had the Baller Stout. I also spy a Utopias hiding out in there!

Indeed, I've had that Utopias around for quite a few years now. I had actually considered opening it for my wedding last year, but didn't. There were a few Dark Lords opened that day though. :)

I actually liked Baller Stout a bit better than Dark Lord, and I've had them side by side a couple times now.

The bottles in the picture are on the top shelf in the keezer, serving temp, low 40's. I don't have a lot of space that i keep at cellar temp, but there are a few Dark Lords there.

I work at 8th and Market. I've been to the Foodery a couple times. Hawthornes and even treked out to Local 44. I was considering going to beer haven on Columbus Blvd. Maybe I'll check out the ones you mentioned since they are easier to get to.

There's a really good one on 2nd street between walnut and chestnut I think...I just can't remember the name of it. I live in Mayfair and am literally a five minute walk from the Grey Lodge, 7 minutes during from the Craft Beer Store on Frankford Ave and literally live 11 minutes away from Roger Wilco in Jersey. I didn't realize until now that I am the nexus of great beer :)

TallDan said:
Indeed, I've had that Utopias around for quite a few years now. I had actually considered opening it for my wedding last year, but didn't. There were a few Dark Lords opened that day though. :)

Wow, not even your wedding is a special enough occasion to open Utopias...that's some cellar-dedication right there! ;)

Indeed, I've had that Utopias around for quite a few years now. I had actually considered opening it for my wedding last year, but didn't.

Take that puppy out of the fridge and let it age!!
No need to finish it in one sitting also, that's the reason for the screw top
I enjoy a couple ozs a year, birthdays, new years, Christmas. I love how it keep changing since I got it in 2011.

Fresh its pretty crazy but as it oxidizes you get these insane sherry/maple notes, atleast from the 2011. Haven't had the 10th anniv.

Cheers!

Take that puppy out of the fridge and let it age!!
No need to finish it in one sitting also, that's the reason for the screw top
I enjoy a couple ozs a year, birthdays, new years, Christmas. I love how it keep changing since I got it in 2011.

Fresh its pretty crazy but as it oxidizes you get these insane sherry/maple notes, atleast from the 2011. Haven't had the 10th anniv.

Cheers!

The Utopias is a 2005. It has actually spent most of it's time in my care at cellar temps. It also spent a couple years around room temp. :( Now that the weather is cooling here in the midwest, i can probably take all of the good stuff out of the keezer and put it downstairs where the temps usually hang around 60F for better aging.

BeerMeDuffMan said:
Just about done packing...I just need to get the saisons based on who gets what in their area. I'm stoked to send this out.

Ya I have a few already but am holding off to buy the bulk of the package once I know where I'm shipping.

I wandered around the city looking for local only saison. Apparently, in speaking with distribution, the good ones are all summer seasonals. Ugh nothing is ever easy.

There's a really good one on 2nd street between walnut and chestnut I think...I just can't remember the name of it. I live in Mayfair and am literally a five minute walk from the Grey Lodge, 7 minutes during from the Craft Beer Store on Frankford Ave and literally live 11 minutes away from Roger Wilco in Jersey. I didn't realize until now that I am the nexus of great beer :)

There's a beer distributor on old city on 2nd between market and chestnut if that's what you mean. Cases only there which wouldn't work for me since I take the trsin to work.

Thanks.

There's a beer distributor on old city on 2nd between market and chestnut if that's what you mean. Cases only there which wouldn't work for me since I take the trsin to work.

Thanks.

lol yea man, I'm in the same boat. NO case only quantities for me, that's one hell of a trek all the way home, through eel infested waters, to the tops of the cliffs of insanity to my house, all while avoiding the heroin addicts asking for change every twelve seconds?
Pass

I wandered around the city looking for local only saison. Apparently, in speaking with distribution, the good ones are all summer seasonals. Ugh nothing is ever easy.

Why are you looking only for a saison? Category 16 encompasses more than that.

Haha, good. It sounded like you were making it really hard on yourself.

Indeed, it opens this up quite a bit. I have a few, but I'm waiting on the locations to see if I'm good to go or if I need to pick up more stuff. There are a few under those subsections I can get that are local.

Well....ok then! lol that makes it SO much easier
Thanks for clarifying, I should of read up on that before hand.

I was actually orginally thinking Bière de Garde, but figured that was perhaps a bit too specific, so i went for the whole BJCP category instead...

Reason for choosing is that one of the more memorable beers that I had tried early on when getting into craft beer was a Jenlain Amber. That French Farmhouse style always has a special place on my palate.

I definitely have a few choices now, I was really limiting it with strictly saisons. I have a decent access to a few Biere de Garde...they aren't made here, but it does have an otherwise limited distribution

Although my last trip wasn't a complete waste...I did happen to find a guy behind the counter who just so happened to reveal they had a case of Weyerbacher Riserva
Food for thought :)

Hmm it uses raspberries and there from a farm, which gets harvested into the proprietors house. Am I getting anywhere with this :mug:

Got my recipient! Looks like I'll be shipping another 2,000+ miles this round. Makes it easy on Ohio distribution though.

Unfortunately we had only two middle country members this round, so it was pretty unavoidable for the cross country shipments haha

Epics bagged, tagged and ready to roll...but I'm not at the office so it'll go out on Monday. Gives me time to find one last bottle to cram into the box. I may have to shrink wrap this b

Latest posts

Back