Swap-O-Rama #4, Bomb's Away!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
milliser said:
Anyone want a 97 vintage Coors light? I would probably trade for some brewery exclusive beers!

Are those the old baseball bat shaped bottles? I'll trade my whole haul for them!

View attachment 148715

Tow 22 pounders taking a ride to FedEx. One is going to the guy who is not sending to the guy who is not sending to him. The other is going to the guy who doesn't know who is not sending to the guy who's not sending to him.

But both guys won't know which ones which until packages are opened and pics are posted.

There. Now it's a surprise again.

I'm confused. What's happening? Am I one of the guys? I'm a guy.

I wouldn't want anyone to fight over them so I will save them for the maw!! And maybe and extra for this swap!!

Dang, I've been trying to give these Atrial Rubicites away but the best offer I've had so far is a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale half drank from 2009.

IN other news, I really wish I could have gotten more than 1 Atrial Rubicite, there is no way I can trade/MAW the only one I got, but it has such great value. I just need to drink it so the dilemma is gone.

I just wish I could actually track my package. Every time I punch in the tracking # it shows it still being in my home state. It hasn't updated since last Friday. My package should be hitting someone's porch any day now. Just hopping they like whats in side.

It may still be in transit. Mine shows an estimated delivery date, but the last check in location was showing Hagerstown, MD. It doesn't mean its not moving...just that its on a truck and in transit.

My box is in the appropriate state finally! Delivery set for tomorrow. Hope the guy is as stoked to open it as I am of finding out how much he likes it.

BeerMeDuffMan said:
It may still be in transit. Mine shows an estimated delivery date, but the last check in location was showing Hagerstown, MD. It doesn't mean its not moving...just that its on a truck and in transit.

I'm sure my package is fine. It's just my OCD kicking in. Every time I ship something I look at the tracking page like 20 times a day.

image-2291646953.jpg

Ooooops..... Someone's package is going to be short a bomber.

val214 said:
Ooooops..... Someone's package is going to be short a bomber.

Ha! I wasn't going to post this so as not to get my recip's hopes up but after reading that...

So I went to the store to get another bomber, even though I was already over the min. I was just feeling bad about not including a solid brand that should be in most NE local boxes. So as I'm selecting which one to get, I focus my eyes on something new. No wait, not new; just never seen by these eyes before. Sitting on the shelf, chillin' with it's homies... FV13.

Beer karma, you win again sir.

RedOktoberfest said:
Ha! I wasn't going to post this so as not to get my recip's hopes up but after reading that...

So I went to the store to get another bomber, even though I was already over the min. I was just feeling bad about not including a solid brand that should be in most NE local boxes. So as I'm selecting which one to get, I focus my eyes on something new. No wait, not new; just never seen by these eyes before. Sitting on the shelf, chillin' with it's homies... FV13.

Beer karma, you win again sir.

Similar happened with me. Had 2 brews from a great NE company in mind, knew where to get them freshest. Come to find out, the store had the company's best beer, which I had only found in this state once before, in stock. Wasn't even thinking about it because I didn't think it was possible. And it was bottled only 3 days prior. Someone will have a good Lunch...beer karma...

I love this UPS notification thing. I've got a 32# beast set to arrive tomorrow!

In other news, I've decided to go downtown to some breweries to get some extras and merch for my guy. Although I'm already about 50 oz over the limit. screw it.

I love this UPS notification thing. I've got a 32# beast set to arrive tomorrow!

In other news, I've decided to go downtown to some breweries to get some extras and merch for my guy. Although I'm already about 50 oz over the limit. screw it.

Its not a limit....its a minimum lol

I will finish shopping tomorrow, going to wait to ship until Monday so the package won't sit in a warehouse over the weekend. Hope my guy like its, going to be some fantastic beer IMO.

I will finish shopping tomorrow, going to wait to ship until Monday so the package won't sit in a warehouse over the weekend. Hope my guy like its, going to be some fantastic beer IMO.

Its probably gonna suck, just like your last swap o rama package...you should just send it to me so your recipient can be spared the disapppintment :)

Not dropping any names, but if you live within a four hour drive of Jester King brewery, don't stray too far from your porch.

Its probably gonna suck, just like your last swap o rama package...you should just send it to me so your recipient can be spared the disapppintment :)

Hahaha, I like the level you are taking your attempted beer theft to, its impressive.

Not dropping any names, but if you live within a four hour drive of Jester King brewery, don't stray too far from your porch.

Oooh OOooh Oooh, teacher, teacher, pick me pick me, I am a 3.75 hour drive to Jester King. Now I have to go see if any other TX people joined this round.

Hahaha, I like the level you are taking your attempted beer theft to, its impressive.

I have morals, never said how low they were...

On a side note, it sounded like some members were worried about the same person getting their name multiple times. I recall indytruks package to me and I would be thrilled to get more stuff from him. Also, from the other two swaps. I am pretty sure they could all send even more variety should they draw my name again. If someone gets the same guy two times, I think I let it be. But if it happens more than that ill try adjust things.

Also, I am headed on a small vacation in a month. Thanks to this thread and the maw thread, I know what beers to look for that I really liked!

On a side note, it sounded like some members were worried about the same person getting their name multiple times. I recall indytruks package to me and I would be thrilled to get more stuff from him. Also, from the other two swaps. I am pretty sure they could all send even more variety should they draw my name again. If someone gets the same guy two times, I think I let it be. But if it happens more than that ill try adjust things.

Also, I am headed on a small vacation in a month. Thanks to this thread and the maw thread, I know what beers to look for that I really liked!

What's the point to hoarding treasures to yourself? Beer gets better when enjoyed with friends...even if its friends you have never met in person before. I think this thread is about not only trying new things, but being generous in that regard.

I actually have a good beer karma story to follow up on that.
Philly Beer Week that just passed, me and a group of friends went to a bar that I knew was featuring a cask of John Courage RIS. I had the chance to sample this while I was with my wife last year in London. My baby daughter was just born a week before the event...so in order to generate some good karma, after Jim Robertson gave his speech about the history of the RIS, I told our bar tender that whatever 200.00 would buy, the people who order that next round of that beer was on me. The owner of the bar heard the story and matched the amount.
Hopefully when she gets older and her old man teaches her the value of good beer and good friends, that karma will come back to her.

If you come to TX let me know, we will grab a beer!

I did a price comparison to see which was cheaper. In this case, FedEx was slightly cheaper. I sent a package to Hawaii a few weeks back that was remarkably cheaper via FedEx then UPS would of been.

Back