Swap-O-Rama #4, Bomb's Away!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone on here do any BIF's on beer advocate? I like their hints and hauls threads. I know so far we've kept it a complete mystery, but it may be fun to give obscure hints as to who we are sending to and make it a more involved game. Just a thought, its up to TheMan as this is his show, just wanted to throw it out there.

I already have a good idea as to who I'm sending mine to. I like the mystery of not knowing what to expect when I open the box, though.

I have no idea who my recipient is. I wonder if they've changed where they're really from in their profile to keep me guessing...

Does anyone on here do any BIF's on beer advocate? I like their hints and hauls threads. I know so far we've kept it a complete mystery, but it may be fun to give obscure hints as to who we are sending to and make it a more involved game. Just a thought, its up to TheMan as this is his show, just wanted to throw it out there.

I suppose I can leave that up to you all. I know who is sending me beer haha, so hints and hauls style makes no difference to me.

The whole swaporama idea was basically taken from the hints and hauls bif. So if you guys want to include hints, voice your opinion and if enough want it, we will ho with it.

I suppose I can leave that up to you all. I know who is sending me beer haha, so hints and hauls style makes no difference to me.

The whole swaporama idea was basically taken from the hints and hauls bif. So if you guys want to include hints, voice your opinion and if enough want it, we will ho with it.

I like the complete surprise but I'm down for whatever.

I think the hints actually works better than a pm stating the date, since we all say when we are shipping, and often say when its out for delivery, it can be pretty easily deducted who sent you a package. If you do hints, you have to work for it. Again, just my 2 cents.

I agree with Mikey. I think the surprise makes the experience all that much better. I like the feeling of having no idea what to expect. Even knowing where something is coming from or from who, you can ball bark it for a general idea...its kind of like peeking in the closet prior to Christmas looking for toys...they may all be wrapped, but you can guess based on the package size.

Box is now with UPS! PM'd tracking info... hope I did a good job with the packing! I think I may have over done it. But is that really possible?

I already killed the surprise for my recip.

Guess I had one too many Saturday and did some "investigative PMing." (Doh!)

Most of his beers will be a surprise, but he does know who/ where they're coming from. :(

Weeeee! 100 posts! :ban:
To commemorate this occasion, I have to say that beer in itself is awesome, sharing my treasure with you all is better then just hoarding it all to myself. :mug:

I'm up for whatever. I know exactly who I'm sending to, and I'm sure whomever is sending to me, has figured it out too (my initials are in my screen name...)

Well, now they know

For the most part I think it's pretty easy to find out who you have if you try for a few minutes. But you can keep yourself from looking for that info unless its just too obvious from the username.

I can now say with 92% certainty that the person I have knows that I'm their person. I have to wait until they receive theirs before I can speculate who has me though.

I know who's sending to me, and I know to whom I'm sending, but I don't know who isn't sending to the guy who is sending to who I'm not sending, so it's still all a surprise!

Wouldnt you then know what state it is coming from?

Only if you look at that. UPS only sends an email the day before delivery. I suppose you could look up the information with the tracking number but I wouldn't.

RedOktoberfest said:
Just left NEBCO. I met Matt, a brewer there. He was wearing a Hair Of The Dog tee shirt. That and the free tastings made my day :)

I love it there, they're all good people. Your first time there?

bcros80 said:
I love it there, they're all good people. Your first time there?

Yep. Don't know why, I drive up the Merritt every damn day. Amazing they can make that much beer in such confines. Good thing they are moving in a couple of months.

RedOktoberfest said:
Yep. Don't know why, I drive up the Merritt every damn day. Amazing they can make that much beer in such confines. Good thing they are moving in a couple of months.

Yeah it's pretty crazy how small it actually is. I guess with the new location they're going to be doubling production. Should be up and running just in time to brew double the amount of Fuzzy Baby Ducks!

image-731788673.jpg

Tow 22 pounders taking a ride to FedEx. One is going to the guy who is not sending to the guy who is not sending to him. The other is going to the guy who doesn't know who is not sending to the guy who's not sending to him.

But both guys won't know which ones which until packages are opened and pics are posted.

There. Now it's a surprise again.

Tow 22 pounders taking a ride to FedEx. One is going to the guy who is not sending to the guy who is not sending to him. The other is going to the guy who doesn't know who is not sending to the guy who's not sending to him.

But both guys won't know which ones which until packages are opened and pics are posted.

There. Now it's a surprise again.

Uuugh my brain hurts now...and since I learned this, I forgot math.

Back