Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, yeah I know what you mean. We lived in NY for a while and I will miss it, especially Keegan Ales and Halftimes, but AZ is in me. Figured it may have been the kilt, and I'm glad it wasn't the Odell. It's funny, but I wish I could send one to every American in the US so they could taste the awesomeness of the balance and hop complexity. Enjoy!

markklug said:
There was also this clarification from TheMan a few pages later.......

Dylan42 said:
Is this trade still going on or is it over and people are now dispersing?

If that's what you're referring to. A few pages later from the start of this thread. I believe there might still be one or 2 left. Also just an FYI theMan starts a new thread for the bottle swap.

Is this trade still going on or is it over and people are now dispersing?

Its still going. We are just waiting for a few more to ship and a couple to land. The deadline to ship was August 9. So everyone still has a couple days

I don't get it. UPS came, but didn't leave me anything. I don't understand.

Morning time at UPS is reserved for next day air deliveries in most areas. Then business deliveries. Then residential deliveries.

I don't get it. UPS came, but didn't leave me anything. I don't understand.

Maybe your sender paid for the new anti-theft invisibilty cloak so someone doesn't steal it off your porch. Crawl around on your hands and knees and carefully check every area of the porch.......

Maybe your sender paid for the new anti-theft invisibilty cloak so someone doesn't steal it off your porch. Crawl around on your hands and knees and carefully check every area of the porch.......

Still not there. And now i have rocks embedded in my hands n knees.

Its still going. We are just waiting for a few more to ship and a couple to land. The deadline to ship was August 9. So everyone still has a couple days

Oh gotcha so there is going to be a new swap thread after that I take it?

Oh gotcha so there is going to be a new swap thread after that I take it?

Yes, there will be another. Wont be as quick a turnaround as the past two though. Number four will prob take place mid september

Package at home and in great shape! Jeepguy is awesome. I'll post picks of my awesome haul when I can tonight.

Yes, there will be another. Wont be as quick a turnaround as the past two though. Number four will prob take place mid september

Your marriage is already getting in the way. I hate to do this, but its US or HER. Theres not room in your life for both.

mikeysab said:
Your marriage is already getting in the way. I hate to do this, but its US or HER. Theres not room in your life for both.

I agree. Now if only I had found hbt last June I could have been saved.

Its funny you say that, because i've actually been so jacked up about a package that i've gone to my neighbors stoop and checked if it was my package delivered to the wrong house.

Its funny you say that, because i've actually been so jacked up about a package that i've gone to my neighbors stoop and checked if it was my package delivered to the wrong house.

Its ok, yesterday I was working from home the second half of the day and the doorbell ring, I knew it was my delivery, I was so excited when I opened the door to find it was a delivery, but I was sad when I found it was just golf balls, not a box o beer.

You guys make me laugh. I feel the same way. I'm anxiously awaiting mine too. I love seeing everyone elses pics though.

I dropped my package off today at Fed Ex. I have to say, even though I packed that thing to outlast WWIII, I'm still nervous about breakage. The person that gets mine is going to probably think I'm crazy. But, if it makes it there in one piece, I'm comfortable with that.

The funniest thing is that I had written a long note about what I chose and about 3 seconds after it was sealed up, I realized that I forgot to actually put the note in the F'ing box. Lol.

arghhhhhhh....Nobody confirmed the package from me yet...WTH is going on? ;) The suspension is killing me. The package shows delivered yesterday around noon and nobody claimed it yet?

arghhhhhhh....Nobody confirmed the package from me yet...WTH is going on? ;) The suspension is killing me. The package shows delivered yesterday around noon and nobody claimed it yet?

Hopefully it's not in Phoenixville! I have checked daily and have found nothing! The suspense is killing me...

Thanks again indytruks!

pic.jpg

The funniest thing is that I had written a long note about what I chose and about 3 seconds after it was sealed up, I realized that I forgot to actually put the note in the F'ing box. Lol.

Same here on forgetting to put in the note......and the 2 homebrew bottles in the fridge. Too dang focused on the packing and forgot em

And I just checked the latest UPS update......double boxed tank package still shows on track to deliver to someone just west of the Mississippi river tomorrow.

Haven't seen a post of it yet, but it shows Jeepguy's box got delivered today.

Props to Jeepguy! His box broke, and he still got a new one delivered faster than some of you schmuks shipped! lol

Also, an update:

24 Total

12 Delivered
2 due on 8/8/13
2 due on 8/9/13
2 Shipped today, no estimated date yet
6 status unknown. (Some waiting for shipments to land, some busted boxes, and a couple I just have no clue on...)

So far so good guys!

Well I re bought today and will reship by Friday. I apologize to my recipient. I tried to get it to its destination early but apparently I didn't bomb proof the box good enough

Well I re bought today and will reship by Friday. I apologize to my recipient. I tried to get it to its destination early but apparently I didn't bomb proof the box good enough

No apologies necessary. Boxes can get broken. As long as you get one to him thats really what matters

cody6173 said:

Quite frankly, I'm surprised mine made it ok. With all of the tragedy, I was sure mine was next. I did use a can of great stuff I had lying around; maybe that was the ticket?!

Back