Surplus LME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitt100

Reaction score
I just got my first shipment from morebeer. I ordered an all grain kit and a weldlless faucet for my keg. Anyway in my package was a 7 pound tub of ultra-light liquid malt extract. I contacted them and was told they shipped the mini-mash version along with my all-grain kit. They told me to keep it because of the shipping costs. Anyway, any ideas what to do with? How to store it/how long it will be good for. I am also not against splitting it up and shipping it out to some of you guys, I have a feeling I won't be able to use all of it in time. What do you guys think?
Pitt

You could make a Mild or a Pilsner-like ale or a golden. Keep it cool and it will be fine for months.

Whats wrong with uisng it... I mean thats 7 pounds... get some specialty malt and you'll have a real good light alcohol beer. If you add nothing to it you'll get about 1.052 gravity...... Nothing wrong wtih that for sure.

Back