Sun?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgrier

Reaction score
How much sun do they need.

I have 2 areas. one full sun most of the day .. one part sun... 3-4 hours a day.

In my experience with cascade in the SW lower peninsula of MI, full sun has produced consistent results with 12+ foot bines. I bet full sun with lots of water in TX will produce much better results.

Full sun, the fuller the better. More sun = higher yield. Make sure you water well too, it gets hot around here.

AWesome.. thanks..
Doing Cascade and Centennials

Planting tonight.. a little late.. but I am looking towards the long term...
T

Except for Sunbeam, the more sun the better. Around here, that means 15-16 hours per day.

david_42 said:
Except for Sunbeam, the more sun the better. Around here, that means 15-16 hours per day.

Now is that DIRECT sunlight? Here in Phoenix it's hard to get that much DIRECT sunlight due to all the prision walls everyone puts up in their backyards. I am getting at least 8 - 10 hours of direct sunlight tho...so I will imagine I will get less quanity and even less cause they are 1st year.

Now if I was at my Parents house in Ohio...no problem...nice and flat.

tgrier said:
AWesome.. thanks..
Doing Cascade and Centennials

Planting tonight.. a little late.. but I am looking towards the long term...
T

Mine are in full sun most of the day. Go for it.

Kugster said:
Now is that DIRECT sunlight? Here in Phoenix it's hard to get that much DIRECT sunlight due to all the prision walls everyone puts up in their backyards. I am getting at least 8 - 10 hours of direct sunlight tho...so I will imagine I will get less quanity and even less cause they are 1st year.

Now if I was at my Parents house in Ohio...no problem...nice and flat.

Heh... I'm at the base of the Appalachians and blue ridge.... my space im working on (with lots of weed coverage as well) gets partial sun due to trees.... but sadly the only place I can grow it without spending lots and lots of money for a nice woodwork trellis that the neighbors wouldnt mind.

Back