Summers End IPA Recipe Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan42

Reaction score
So my keg is empty :( and I want to fill it with a partial mash IPA, heres what I got please help me and let me know if I have my grain/ extract amounts right.

5 Gal Batch

4lbs-USA 2-Row
1.5 lbs-Munich Light
.5 lbs-Crystal 15
3 lbs-Light LME
1.5 lbs-Light DME

2oz. Simcoe @ 60min
1oz Citra @ 15min
1oz citra @ 2min

Yeast- 1056 Wyeast or WLP001CAL

I will be mashing the grains in a bag at 154* with 12 quarts (3 gal) of water for 60 min then sparge with 4 gal of 170* water, then squeeze ramaining wort from grains into boiling kettle. Then proceed with a 60 min boil.

Brewtoad has me at the following metrics:

OG= 1.067
IBUs=68
With 75% efficiency

Your thoughts please!

So my keg is empty :( and I want to fill it with a partial mash IPA, heres what I got please help me and let me know if I have my grain/ extract amounts right.

5 Gal Batch

4lbs-USA 2-Row
1.5 lbs-Munich Light
.5 lbs-Crystal 15
3 lbs-Light LME
1.5 lbs-Light DME

2oz. Simcoe @ 60min
1oz Citra @ 15min
1oz citra @ 2min

Yeast- 1056 Wyeast or WLP001CAL

I will be mashing the grains in a bag at 154* with 12 quarts (3 gal) of water for 60 min then sparge with 4 gal of 170* water, then squeeze ramaining wort from grains into boiling kettle. Then proceed with a 60 min boil.

Brewtoad has me at the following metrics:

OG= 1.067
IBUs=68
With 75% efficiency

Your thoughts please!

I would add some Citra for the entire boil, and save some Simcoe for late additions.

Thanks guys,I think I am going to use Safale-US 05 instead of the liquid stuff. I just had a taster of my Speckled Heifer Kit and loved the results.

As I love me some simcoe and citra hops this will be brewed in the next three or four brews.

I am excited because I just procured my father-in-laws all grain equipment. So this brew will be after my I do my first all-grain. I have a Dead Ringer all grain kit on the way!

Dead Ringer is my favorite NB kit. I think it's better that the beer it's supposed to clone.

Back