Suggestions for Craft Beers from Ohio-Cincy area .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaver

Reaction score
I have someone coming to New York from Ohio this weekend and I'ld like to have them pick up a couple of Ohio area Craft beers. Something that is available in a grocery store perhaps. I don't want to make them drive all over... just pick up something easy that I don't normally get out here. They are not beer people... so I'm asking here. Suggestions?

Unfortunately Cincinnati's proud brewing tradition is mostly just that, a tradition.

Mount Caramel brewing company is local however and can be bought at most Krogers. It is a guy who started out nano on his own property selling kegs to restaurants.

Not sure how much of the smaller breweries around Ohio have traveled though. Hoppin Frog is one to get a hold of though if you have not had that yet, they are from Akron and have won many awards at the GABF

River City Brewing co is in Cincinnati, I really like their Hop Bomber. You should also be able to find Great Lakes Brewing Co beer selection. Edmund Fitzgerald and Eliot Ness are 2 of my favorites from them.

I would bet Thirsty Dog is in Cincy...also out of Akron. Mt. Carmel makes some good stuff and they are great people too. Great Lakes...but you may be able to get that in New York. Columbus Brewing is probably available in Cincy too.

Back